Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:10 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : * years is a good run for Oergon Blades

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 10:08am 29 Nov 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Guy's,
I went upto the Clare Valley today and when I got home I looked up the hill only to find my 2hp motor conversion was missing a blade and the 2 remaining were spinning with the tower doing the twist in tune.

so Duly got the tower down to find the bolts were still in where the blade was so looks like wood rot was the cause.

Tomorrow I'll go for a walk and see if I can find the blade with the knowledge with the last blade failure one was found 500 metres away.

Cheers Bryan

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:30am 30 Nov 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Furthest I found a blade once was 200 meters away, upwind!

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 07:59am 24 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Guy's,

Well I did have a 2 metre blade set I had made years ago and as I'm going to rewire the 2hp motor conversion and cram as much 1mm in the slots as I can and I have to make a new 3 metre blade set for it.

So decided to put up a F&P wind genny in the mean time using those 2 metre blades.I do have a few F&P stators here and I did get a bunch off a member too. So found one that had been reworked for a lower voltage so used that one.

That was last weekend and all week haven't seen the blades move and when I got home from work today it was spinning away so rime to hook up the Fluke Scope meter and see what the AC volts are on a phase. With the blades doing around 300 rpm all I saw was about 8 volts AC.

As it has been years since I played with the F&P I tried to think back of when I was testing the caps in series and finally found that stator, a 100 series unmodified and wired up in delta. So cleaned up the poles with a 12" half round file and as the poles are already twisted and filed so the poles wont cog.

So basically this setup is the same one where where I was getting 7 amps and when I put the caps in series the current went upto 11 amps. Well a member did see this happen and the rest is history.

Of course since I brought down the tower and raised it again the wind has stopped but with rain predicted tomorrow along with high winds and being a Sunday it going to be fun playing with caps like I did so many years ago.

Cheers Bryan

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024