Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:04 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Fisher paykel whirlpool motor

Drexeldan

Posted: 01:26am 27 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I finally found one. It came from a whirlpool washer. 36 poles 3 phase. But I couldn't get the rotor. Now I understand that the rotor has a few magnets attached to it. 38 maybe. I don't understand the magnetic pattern of these magnet. I believe there are more magnets then there are copper coils on the stator and they may not be set up as north then south, north then south....... So I wanted some electricity from this stator, so I made a rotor from a old truck drum. I used 12 2x4x1 (1" thick) magnets. They center 2 coils from the stator. The 3rd coil is outside the magnet. My magnets are very strong. Maybe to strong as close as they are to the stator I have some cogging to overcome My magnets are north then south, north then south and so on.
So hand spinning this beast I get 4-5 Dc volts. Maybe 6 volts once or twice. But this shocked me. I was ready to see 20 volts or at least 12. I blame it on my homemade rotor, the 12 magnets and not 3 dozen + magnets. My rotor has 1/3 less magnetic poles that the real rotor does. So should I believe I will generate 1/3 less electricity. I really don't understand the correlation with the magnets and the coils. Will 12 magnets ever be enough and what chance does rewiring the stator from factory star wiring to something more to use for 12 volt, low rpm. I thought rewiring might be the trick, since I have 2 coils in front of each magnet, and not the coils being north, then south, north then south.... My rotor I would believe is north, then north, then nothing, then south,then south and then nothing , then North, north, nothing. Don't I need each coil to be different poles? Could some one explain the correlation between the magnets and the coil What I know about motors and generators I have learned from your site and the Internet so I am very excited to have joined this forum, would anyone like to share their advice

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024