Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:14 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Blade size

Thai

Posted: 10:46pm 01 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I know I been asking alot of questions. But im wondering if a 79" blade will work for my fp640 turbine. 79" is about 2meters long.

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 01:24pm 02 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry Thai, I am not familiar with the specs on a fp640.

You might have to spoon feed us a bit, most of us have retired from the wind turbine game.

what type of blades were you thinking of using? Need to know that so we can have a wild guesstimate at the tip speed ratio we can expect

the open volts per rpm or what voltage it is going run at would be handy.

maximum operating rpm and what is the amps we can expect at that rpm.

I had a quick google and the photos I saw of some fp640's were of pressed aluminium blades, I have tried a few of them and they dont spin very fast or put out a great deal of power in my experience.

they were recommending 36 to 72 inch. if you can come up with some specs for the generator, we will see what we can work out.
I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

Thai

Posted: 05:03pm 02 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I just purchased a 79" raptor 5 blades from Missouri wind and solar. They are suppose to start up at 4mph. Everybody is saying these motors are crap. It's probably true. I just thought it would be much easier because everything is done and rewired. Even though it has aluminum coils, would the black rotor cap they design make any difference? I'm hoping to get it making some power soon. I hoping i can make a triple stater core with these and post some outputs. So far the grid ties aren't too compatible with these. I got it to make power but it's small amounts. I figure it was the blades. I have 62" falcon 5 aluminum blades installed. These motors are rated 600watts but easily make 1000+ watts as they say. It's made by windgenkits. They are pretty reliable company from what I heard. I just purchased a midnite 150 and 2 npp batteries. Edited by Thai 2018-06-04

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024