Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:24 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : eco blades (plastic turbine)

rgormley

Posted: 10:27am 25 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

question to anybody who has a set of the eco blade
from http://www.ecoinnovation.co.nz/product_detail.php?id=207

whats the legth of the eco blades
tip to tip length? and width at the root and width at the tips?

also would like to know how they compare (noise wise) to other blades "jerry blade" from the other power site who sells them,and blades from the whisper, AIR-x etc etc

looking for noise comparisons, i will using 3 x eco blades on the "cheap Chinese 250 watt mill" as the standard blades supplied are a little noisy

Regards,
Richard

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:06am 28 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Richard.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to your post. I've being meaning to measure up one of the blades for a few days but always forget while I was in the workshop.

OK, here goes. The root is 150mm wide, the tip 18mm wide. The mounting tab is about 60mm long, 35mm wide, 18mm thick and has two 6.5mm mounting holes. The blade length from tip to root, but not including tab, is 650mm. Diameter of a propeller would be about 1550mm, give or take.

They are a high speed blade, not a lot of starting torque but run fast once going.

Hope that helped.

Glenn.

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:09am 28 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just adding, I think these would work on the Chinese windmill. They should spin a lot faster, so the cut in will be earlier and you may end up with a good little windmill.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024