Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:27 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Dc motors for Lennox furnace

Catch_66

Posted: 12:17am 05 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello,was wondering if anyone has tried a fan motor from a Lennox furnace blower motor.They are probalbly rare and hard to find but the upper line of furnaces have these DC motors that are effiecient,but very expensive new.
Not even sure if they could be reused as a wind turbine,Just asking if anyone has tried these units here in Usa.
Thanks

Catch_66

Do what you can today, Tommorow may not allow.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:00am 05 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you had one, or could borrow, beg, steal one, you should give it a go. I think I have seen these before, they are a permanent magnet 3 phase DC motor, similar in princible to a F&P but the magents are on the inside instead of the outside. They should work well as a generator.

Glenn 

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Catch_66

Posted: 05:27am 05 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello,
Thanks for reply,I will keep a look out for one.
I just bought a 30v ametec motor as my first project and that will charge my batteries with excess dump going into my DHW heater,with a 12v element.Anyone using excess loads into water heater and how well it works,and effiecientcy?

A nice forum with lots of info.
Thanks,Cheers

Catch_66
Edited by Catch_66 2006-03-07
Do what you can today, Tommorow may not allow.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024