Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:37 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : CMM2 with PS/2 mouse

andreas

Posted: 03:09pm 03 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Today I connected a PS/2 mouse to my CMM2 and I'm very happy

I started with flashing the latest image on the CMM2: 5.07.02b6

then I soldered/crimped 4 single-pin connectors on a cable which was once used to make a mouse cable longer. I cut off the male part and took the female connector an some 15 cm of cable.

I crimped 2 4K7 Ohm resistors together with the cables into the tiny connector. One between 5V (pin 2) and PS/2 Clock (pin 33) and one between 5V (pin2) and PS/2 Data (pin 32). Over the resistors I draged isolators and bound them all together with cable ties. In a last step fixed everything with hot glue so that even the distances of the tiny connectors are fixed relativ to each other. One can connect and disconnect the self made "mouse connector"

Before connecting the mouse I issued the command: OPTION MOUSE 0

Now it works very well and I'm the happiest man on earth!  

I can start programs by double clicking on them, jumping to a word directly when editing, scrolling page wide by the right mouse key up and down, scrolling fast through lists of programs or lines of code - perfect!

Thank you Geoff and Peter very much!

-andreas

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 05:22am 04 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Windmills forum?    
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

andreas

Posted: 07:56am 04 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  Windmills forum?    

I didn't want that - may be it is a result of the way I enter the forum. First I log in then I pick 'Active Topics' then I read. When I post something new it shows up in "Windmills forum". I don't know any way to move an article to a different forum - after posting.  

-andreas

andreas

Posted: 04:01pm 04 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

On the CMM2 using mm.info(version) 5.0702 and a connected PS/2 mouse I get a "Mouse timeout 1" error when placing the cursor on a file in the file-manager and pressing F4 to edit the file.

The mouse works fine whithin the file when opening the file with EDIT "<filename>" by keyboard or running the file.bas by double clicking with mouse. So the mouse works except when selecting a file to edit with F4.

Any ideas what is causing the error?

-andreas

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:33pm 04 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Andreas,
To have your new message appear in the Micro sub forum, there is a selection box just above the line where you enter the title of the post.
If you go to the micro forum before starting a new post, it will default to the forum you are in.

Try again and you will get more responses.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 02:59am 05 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

...what Jim said.  

As for moving a thread once posted, I think Gizmo is the only one who can do that.
I have admin privileges, but I can't move a thread or delete a thread.
I can delete and edit POSTS, disable members and lock threads, but not move or delete threads.

Probably just easier to repost in the Microcontroller forum.  Post here if you plan to do that, and I can link to your new thread then lock this thread to prevent further replies.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

andreas

Posted: 06:20am 05 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello both,

many thanks for the hints. Yes my point was, what can I do when I see the mess *after* the posting? From Grogster I learned that I can only repost in a different forum.

I think it is better to keep this post where it is. In future I will try to be more sub-forum-aware  

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024