Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:30 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Sad new, loss of a friend and forum member.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 09:44am 01 Nov 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guys

Heard some sad news today from Pete. Phil Mann passed away last weekend.

Phil was a active member on the forum and gave a great deal to the windmill community. His development of the aluminium GOE222 blades and turbine furling systems earned him a lot of respect from his peers. Over the last few years he's struggled with a few health concerns but still managed to build and develop wind turbines in his workshop at home.

I last saw Phil over a year ago, he spent a couple days at my place and we ate Chinese, McDonalds, drank ginger beer and spent the day driving around the new Coopers Gap wind farm.

He'll be missed.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

kitestrings

Posted: 02:05am 07 Nov 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm truly saddened to hear.  I never met him, but like many here, enjoyed reading his posts, and seeing his projects.  Clearly he was a very skilled; a talented builder.  If you should communicate with any family members, please convey our condolences.  And, thank you for sharing.  ~ks

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024