Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:26 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : F&P protection

kenputer

Posted: 01:17pm 06 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Being a new member I'd first like to say hi to all.
I am getting ready to get my first F&P up on my tower and was looking for some coating to protect it.I have some of this and would like any responces as to weather :-) it is suitable or there is some suggestion for something better.
Aervoe’s Clear Acrylic Coating is made with non-yellowing, true clear acrylic resins that provide superior gloss retention over painted and non-painted surfaces.

Can be used to coat electrical components
Forms a flexible, long-lasting coating
Clear film preserves and protects against rust and corrosion
Fast drying; dries to touch in just 5 minutes
Seals porous surfaces and protects important documents
Non-yellowing formula
Superior gloss retention both indoors and outdoors
Tough protective coating will not flake, chip or peel
Uses: Metal, motors, machinery, tools, tool boxes, steel bars and railings, metal hoods, lamps, copper or brass bed frames and fixtures, electrical components, conduit, ducts, electrical equipment, pipelines and to seal chalk markings.

This is made by a company called Aervoes
Thanks
Ken
As good as you are and as bad as I am,I'm as good as you are as bad as I am!

makourain

Posted: 07:27pm 06 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

if u put it on too thick it will scrape along the inside of the magnets. and if u put it on too thick u may have to move the magnets away from the stator a bit which will reduce power output.
i suggest getting a smaller paint brush when painting it on so that it doesnt get all thick and gunky like 10 week old cream.
i cant think of a reason why this wouldnt work, since the parts that you would paint wouldnt really be moving parts.

RossW
Guru

Posted: 08:40pm 06 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I used to use a product called "Crystal clear" or "Krylon"

It had fantastic dilectric properties, came in a pressure pack (spray can), went on milky but soon dried "crystal clear"! I used to use it on all things electronic (PCBs particularly) for moisture protection.

Arguably the most impressive display was my 144MHz phased vertical antenna. I spent hours cleaning and burnishing it, it was as bright and shiny as could be. Re-assembled it, tuned it (very quickly) and then sprayed the whole thing with this stuff. This was on my 21st birthday.

It didn't de-tune the antenna at all.

I pulled the antenna down about 3 months ago while moving house. It's the first time it's been touched since then (and I'm now 46). It looks as good as the day it went up!

This stuff goes on reasonably thin, so shouldn't cause too much problem with the air-gap.

kenputer

Posted: 12:16pm 07 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the reply's so now I'll put a few coats on and get up and spinning.I have a 9',2 blade set that I'm going to try and post some results when I get them.
As good as you are and as bad as I am,I'm as good as you are as bad as I am!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024