Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:23 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Forum Settings

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:18am 02 Jun 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

By default the forum lists messages by activity, so any message, even if it was created months ago, but someone made a new comment recently, will go to the top of the list.
I can change it so the forum displays messages in the order they were created, so only new messages will be at the top. This means if an old message is replied to, it wont move to the top of the list, but stay where it was.
I like it the way it is, because it means I wont miss any new comments to an old message. But its up to you guys. Most other forums out there order by the date the original message was created, so you may prefer it this way. Let me know and dont forget to vote.
GlennEdited by Gizmo 2006-06-03
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

RossW
Guru

Posted: 07:19am 02 Jun 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

* It's how it's always been (well, since I got here anyway), and it's how most of the other forums I'm on work.
* It's logical
* It's practical
* It's convenient

Nah, leave it like it is.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 09:59am 06 Jun 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well the results seam pretty clear, I'll leave the board as it is. Thanks for the responses.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024