Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:20 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Laser cut DFX details

nzseagull

Posted: 11:35am 07 Jun 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Please can any one help

My father (75 years) and I are both building the laser cut wind generators here in New Zealand
Now I have sent the DFX files to the local boys to laser cut the plate and here is what there are looking for hope you can help

What they are asking

We don't know scale as between two possibilities 25.4 x apart. This is due to the .DXF format not having enough information to tell our software whether the units are inches or mm.
Please confirm the following:
8mm layout fits in a rectangle approx 320mm x 360mm
3mm layout fits in a rectangle approx 1000mm x 300mm

THanks Bevin

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:05pm 07 Jun 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes thats rigth. The DXF file is saved as "Release 12" dxf file, a pretty safe standard for cnc, all measurements in mm.

Its important that the laser operator gets the kerf offset correct for the 8mm parts, he will know what this means. The slots in the part above need to be 8mm give or take 0.1mm. Better to be 8.1mm than 7.9mm ( too tight! ). If he gets that right the rest of the parts will fit together perfectly. The 3mm parts dont need to be as accurate. + or - 0.5mm is fine.

This is an old design, have you seen the new one that needs no laser cutting? Its a bit more work to make, but cheaper. But if you can get the lasercutting for a good price then go for it.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024