Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:39 30 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : f n p gridtie windturbine, triple stator

Page 7 of 7    
DaveP68

Posted: 07:41am 20 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Fred

Haven't finished my wind turbine build yet still a work in progress like the Wright Brothers first plane

The Wright Brothers were just bicycle mechanics that of course went onto achieve the first flight. Not trying to compare myself to them on that level.

My point is, just because I haven't put a wind turbine up doesn't imply that I don't understand how they work or it's not possible for me to build one to output some decent peak power like 2 kW off 2x F&P stators.

David
There are realities if you do not accept, will lead to frustration because you will be spending time on wrong assumptions and the results cannot follow! The Dunning Kruger Effect :)

flc1

Posted: 11:01pm 21 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Cool Dave, Richard Pearse was the first to fly a mechanically powered airplane ,so wouldn't focus on the Wright brothers too much,they were second over that finish line.

DaveP68

Posted: 05:00am 23 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes Fred not disputing what you are saying re Richard Pearse, but you may need to re read what's posted above "Not trying to compare myself to them on that level".

"The Wright brothers were two American aviation pioneers generally credited with inventing, building, and flying the world's first successful airplane". The statement "first successful airplane" is the important bit.

They were officially credited as they had the photographic proof and plenty of witnesses. So my statement still holds true.Edited by DaveP68 2019-06-24
There are realities if you do not accept, will lead to frustration because you will be spending time on wrong assumptions and the results cannot follow! The Dunning Kruger Effect :)

flc1

Posted: 08:06am 24 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yea sweet.Edited by flc1 2019-06-25

Page 7 of 7    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024