Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:16 23 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : powmr HMS-3K-24V side vent size? (need to make dust cover)

rgormley

Posted: 11:34pm 06 Nov 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

powmr HMS-3K-24V 2 x side vent size? (need to make dust cover)

does anyone know (or have one and can measure for me) the size of the 2 side air vents near the on/off switch. (one vent each side of the unit near the top

i`m going to pre make a simple dust filter
using some adhesive / magnetic tape and a scotch brite scouring pad.

simple to apply (magnetic) and easy to clean (compressed air)

although if it sucks air in the bottom and blows out the top side vents... hhhmm will have to make the dust covers for the 2 x fan intakes..

does any one happen to know the air flow for this model?

Cheers,
Richard

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 12:14am 07 Nov 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't have a 24v model, the 48v version needs a lot of ariflow, the fans rev up on load, the 24v model may not have variable fan speed.
I'm sure the scotch bright will restrict the airflow too much, unless you make a large box with more surface area for the filter, there are a few options with that.
Fans can blow air out the top, depends who installed them sometimes they are the other way.
Another option is to make a large box to hose the inverter in and have a large fan and filter in the bottom of the box/cabinet.

Someone here https://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewforum.php?f=64 did mention how the fans work on the 24v type.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

rgormley

Posted: 12:47am 07 Nov 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

depends who installed them sometimes they are the other way.

i presume that's a Monday or Friday arvo built inverter.... quality control..hhhmmmm..

i will have a look at the link thanks!

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 10:38am 09 Nov 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You could put the inverter in a large box with vents and a large fan, I did this a while back to see how it went, in the large box with perforated steel panels the inverter was much cleaner than one that was open to the natural ambient air and dust.
The small perforations collected the dust on the way in, however it will be a little hotter in the box, but the 240v extraction fan only needs to run over summer, the rest of the time its been ok.
Other than that any sparks and potential fire is contained in the enclosure.

Did a larger cabinet with extraction fan and it has a few vents with fly screen over them, they collect all the dust and the inverter has remained clean over the years.
I prefer fire proof cabinets for all this stuff now.
Batteries also contained in a metal box outside.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024