Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:48 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Alternate use for Telstra 3G mobiles?

greg199

Posted: 05:42am 28 Nov 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The 3G network in Australia will be dead and buried in 6 months. I'm wondering if it is worth while keeping a couple of Telstra 3G phones that I've retained as emergency spares.
Any creative uses for such devices or shall I just donate them to a recycling shop?

greybeard

Posted: 11:14pm 28 Nov 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Enable wifi on them, download a streaming video app and use them as security cameras around the house with a built in UPS.

greg199

Posted: 03:09am 29 Nov 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good thinking but sorry, I should have given some specs..... both phones are similar and one of them is the Telstra T96 so no WIFI ability.
The manual also says "Don't leave on charge for more than 24 hrs" so won't be able to give it a permanent connection to a 240V sourced charger.
In any case I already have a CCTV security system.

halfproduce

Posted: 06:44am 25 Jan 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

basket random said  Enable wifi on them, download a streaming video app and use them as security cameras around the house with a built in UPS.

Thank you very much. Do you recommend any streaming apps?

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024