Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:57 01 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : CNC Router on USB

Page 2 of 2    
Downwind

Guru

Posted: 04:14am 19 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Vasi.

The chars you use to move the position of the tool around (Jogging) is also reserved chars in G code and im not sure where your chars fit into the program but might cause some conflicts with the G code.

Nice to see you are getting some positive results from your work.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

vasi

Guru

Posted: 05:14am 19 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Downwind,

No conflicts here because we will have a PC Software which will stand up between g-code file and string commands (instead of pulses) send to board.

The board is not aware of g-code, only about pulses contained in strings.

A normal CAM Application will load a g-code file and will translate in pulses sent to boards at a required speed. Of course you will make a setup about how many pulses per inch, etc., and the App will act accordingly

We will get that normal CAM Application (we have the sources for CNCPro app.) and instead to let it to send pulses at a required speed, will make it to send a string to the board for setting the speed (in fact, is about delay between steps) every time the speed is changing. Also, the required steps for drawing a line (e.g.) will be contained in a string as I said. Hope you can understand me...

In fact, we modify the way those steps are sent, and before of that, we let the application to interpret the g-code and to decide how many steps to send (not in a pulse format, pulse by pulse, but in a string format, all steps at once per line and let the board to count them).

Ufff, my horrible english!
VasiEdited by vasi 2009-12-20
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 06:38am 19 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nothing wrong with your English Vasi, no need to beating yourself up.

I do get the grip of what you are doing now.
Just wasnt sure and thought best to point it out incase it was going to be a problem.

All interesting stuff and a lot of work you have put into this.
Do you intend to build a cnc machine to get the enjoyment out of your hard work.
A small desk top cnc is a wonderful machine for building pcb's and panels etc, it is amazing how much you use it for.
They are a bit messy though, Hence one i built got the name Piglet.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

vasi

Guru

Posted: 12:32am 02 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ok, this DIY USB to parallel adapter can be useful for those which already have the stepper drivers.

And have also a free software, good for PCB routing but not only

Edited by vasi 2010-05-03
Beyound Arduino Lang

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 02:49am 02 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Vasi,

Looks interesting but at present the workshop PC has a parallel port so will stick with that for now, as i like Mach3 as a operating system for the router.

Have you tried the Usb adaptor?

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

vasi

Guru

Posted: 10:44am 02 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The last I posted? No but it will be easy to adapt a shield to my board to do exactly that (planned for later). I know someone which use it for PCB traces...

About the one based on my board, not yet. I had other projects to finish.
I have one stepper motor and I will test it soon, then I will start adapting CNCPro software for it.

P.S. I think that the engine of Mach3 is EMC2 ... I can't remember where I read that...

Vasi
Beyound Arduino Lang

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024