Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:34 01 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : New release picaxe on the way

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 07:10am 23 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

There is a new picaxe chip on the way (no release date yet) its a 18m2 that will handle up to 4 multi tasking operations, pin for pin compatible with earlier 18 pin chips, 32 meg clock, and not using a pic as it is a custom made chip by microchip for the picaxe and will even be labeled as a picaxe instead of as a pic.
Much greater user defined pin selection, plus much more.
It looks to be a exciting chip at under half the price of present 18 pin chips.

Heres a early release on some of the functions.......PDF file.

2010-03-23_170912_picaxe18m2.pdf

Pete.

Sometimes it just works

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:51pm 24 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

These things are really starting to get smart. Multitasking PicAxe chips! Next thing you know you will be able to plug in a monitor, keypad, fdd and run DOS!

Tell you what I would like to see though, seriously, is a SD, xD or USB memory stick driver. That would really be great for logging.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 08:21am 25 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I did post a link to a add on SD board some time back that will interface with a picaxe via I2C and serial as well i think. For about $40.00. (i think it will also take a usb stick too)

Gordon has located a local source for a simular board recently as well i understand.

I also have a circuit diagram for a SD board but need to get a pic programmed to run it as a I2C slave.

It is do able but be nice to have a straight interface to picaxe direct.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 11:16am 25 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Pete

Sounds good to me , will it be any easier to interface as I have had my nephew try with the one we have been playing with and no luck, he is building me a new computer so should be back at it in a couple of weeks.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024