Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:14 30 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : minibasic for the pic 18f or pic32

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 10:11am 17 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hiya Guy's,
Well while looking on the microchip forum I came across this

plain ol' basic on a pic 18f or the new 32 bit pic's its still very much in its infancy but both Mike and Dario are working hard on the porting to the pic's. Minibasic was originally designed for the ARM micro-controllers and given time I reckon it will be a open source option to the picaxe. Just imagine a 48K 18F pic with a 23K basic interpretor still 25K worth of basic program to run. i've got a few 18f pic's here so when time allow's I'll be trialling it out but first looks are encouraging.

Cheers Bryan

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:11am 17 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That is interesting. I bought a Pic chip several months ago and haven't done a thing with it yet. The problem I had was trying to learn a different language. At the moment I use Visual Basic daily, and occasionally QBasic and Javascript ( I hate Java ). Add to that PicAxe basic, and I'm just about done.
I did start a tutorial on C, it all made sense at the time, but a week later I had forgotten everything.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

herbnz

Posted: 06:02pm 17 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi
compilier called PICBASIC is available i have used it a few years ago
also JAL that Vasi mentioned I tried seems ok but i never went right down track as i had picbasic.
goggle search pic basic compilier/interpeter turns up a lot hits.
Herb

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024