Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:39 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : 2nd Edition OZINVERTER book/manual

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 11:07am 30 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Firstly my thanks to Neil for getting me here on the backshed.

My thanks to 'Oztules' as always, crikey was it really 2015 when the OzInverter started.

The 2nd edition, June 2019,is a complete re-write, and shows several types of OzInverter builds using the latest PCBs etc.

The New book is A4 size, 92 pages, 34,000 words, which is jammed packed with info and 221 colour photos and 12 diagrams. This 2nd edition is explicit about the build process.

I have also added, with the originators permissions, other relevant Inverter progressions and concepts. Thanks guys.

The 3 OzInverter PCB's are up-to-date, 2019, with an option 3, for the 60HZ version control board for our 60HZ 120vac USA friends.

I am offering 3 options for purchase through paypal, but please remember, As I have already said, “we are not a ‘charity’ and we are not a ‘commercial concern’ with this book & PCB’s, we just want to help others “.

For the 3 Options, please see ...... https://levivray.com/new-book--make-a-6kw-inverter.php

2nd Edition Index.

Edited by Clockmanfr 2019-07-02
Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 06:34pm 30 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey is the madness board in there

He has a nice big 8000 watt board

And a really nice 4000 Watt board

be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:57pm 01 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I trust this helps for our friends in the USA ?

https://levivray.com/new-book--make-a-6kw-inverter.php

There are now 3 options.

1.  .... The Ozinverter 2nd edition book.
2. ..... The OzInverter 2nd edition book and the 3 PCB's for 50HZ.
3. ..... The OzInverter 2nd edition book and the 3 PCB's for 60HZ 120vac.

I also have a small stock of the SMD sub board PCB's, please ask if required.

Me rambling on a utube vid with a OzInverter, showing the insides and start up.

...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9B3RTF1QA

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 05:51am 28 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Clockman,

Gee , you and I go back years -must be more than 15 ,maybe.

nice work on your book ,hope it takes off big time.

Couple of the old hands said you may be able to help me ?

I've a lightning spiked powerstar W7 6000  48 volt  that lights all the less up on turn-on ,but after about 3-5 seconds it shuts down ..

I've replaced the blue ceramic disc over voltage preventer (I forget the correct name ).

Anyhow , no marks, burns, melts, black areas ,,so something has died ,lol.

Do you have /know of a supplier  of the control board ,Etc.

(oh, I did the Oztiles /energy matters toroidal conversion ,years ago , and it has worked perfectly ever since I got it.til now?.

hoping you might throw some light on ,repair or replacement ,sorry, forgot your name , but remember you are a pom living in frog land,lol.sorry.bloomin Ozzies are hard cases.

Wish you and your family all the best ,take care.

Bruce and Ilda .
Edited 2019-09-28 15:54 by brucedownunder2
Bushboy

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:46am 29 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Brucedownunder2,

Oztules has worked on the powerstar, the Chineses based the PJ on the Powerstar.

I have not seen the Powerstar boards so I can not give you any advice, if you were closer to me then I could look see.

You would need to let someone like 'Warpspeed' have a look at your powerstar and see where its misbehaving.

If the Toroid is okay and its parameters are okay, then you could swap in the OzInverter 'Power board' and the 'Control board'. Perhaps that's a step to far?

Sorry I could not offer simple repair advice.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024