Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:02 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : un wanted projects

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 02:21am 15 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm a bit tired of starting again ,so this might bring some results ..

I  have the tower ,all be it not able to lift my present heavy Chinese turbine-thats another story.

So , what I'm thinking --- there may be forum guys out there that have unfinished or finished projects ,that have proved to not be suitable for your location or you have moved on to other projects..

I'm wanting something that is around the 20 Kg weight or less for my tower .
I'm willing to finish it off to start-up stage ,have most of the gear ,just am interested in the mill . 48 volt is my gear at present, along with my 48 volt controller and battery bank.

I'll pay ,don't want it for nothing .

Bruce
Bushboy

Randysworkshop

Posted: 01:31am 19 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce,
It's too bad you are located on the other side of the world from me.  I have several projects that are ready to be finished.  I have a HAWT based on a F&P and a VAWT all ready and waiting for someone to them up.  I'm located in Ohio, USA. willing to send you pictures if you are interested.

Randy B.
randy burmeister

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 04:57am 19 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well, thanks a lot Randy.

Yes, time catches up with the once young able body , but now she's much like an old battery -corroded on the inside and looking sad outside. Lol, says me ,looking like some pin-cushion dummy with my stitched-up cancer adorned face. Not a good look .   Possibly caused by all the surfing, sailing and other sun-drenched sports that sunburn't Aussie's live for.

Thanks for the generous offer ,Randy, but someone over your way might love to carry on your good work.

Son lives in Salt Lake city ,but my two beautiful grand-daughters would not look the part playing with wind gennies.

Ilda,thats my wife, and I wish you well,

Bruce
Edited 2019-11-19 14:59 by brucedownunder2
Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 12:19am 03 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm still in the market for a part-finished wind genie project..  I 'd ideally like a unit that weighs in all up at around 40 Kg.  (my existing one is far too heavy for my bendy tower.

I'm around the Gold Coast hinterland and can pay a reasonable price .

I suppose my main reason for asking is that I've reached my stage in life where hard work (the heavy lifting and welding, drilling,staying in the sun ,Etc ) is now beyond me . I have no neighbours or family that can help ,so I 'm thinking that maybe someone's part finished project could be just what I need-the tower is up, cabled,and regulator and dump load is installed along with batteries ,just needs the "top-of-the-tower' machinery....

I also have a fair bit of F@ P stuff here ,thats been stored for years ..

Thanks ,

Bruce
Bushboy

Old Seagull Man

Posted: 02:18am 03 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bruce were abouts are you im in southern Brisbane, and might be able to help you with some light lifting.

Andrew

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 05:56am 03 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Andrew.

The light lifting is a bit more than that ,to get my tower strong enough ,it requires welding , drilling into thick steel and many other jobs.  

I have thought about all these tasks, and have come to the conclusion to either go for a lighter wind genie or sell the whole tower, winch,everything..

A lighter wind genie would allow me to get it hoisted and guyed off securely. But , I'm a bit beyond doing another build at my age.

Thanks for the offer Andrew.

Bruce
Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 12:53am 20 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Windmillers,

I'm still wanting someone's unfinished/unused genie to put up on my tower?

It's still wanting a wind,gennie . I'm sort of finished these days in the construction Dept. I hang out in hospitals mainly for entertainment these days !! NOT.(going in for a big,eee next Tuesday, big "C" in my neck muscle and bones..

Anyhow, if anyone has a unused wind genie that they would lend or sell let me know, I have plenty of stuff ,if yours is unfinished and all the tools .. Just want something that I can hoist up and play with ... You can even come and help ,would luv that .  

I don't want anything for free, just want to get off my ars,,, and get back into doing something .

Thanks to the previous fellows that replied also.

Bruce
Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 12:57am 23 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi fellas,   I,m back home ,out of hospital ,cancer has been ,dunno, sort of had radiation and five operations ,so hoping for a long term recovery.
Anyhow, was looking at the tower doing nothing , so thought , someone must have a uni finished wind project that would like to sell to me ,maybe ?.  Sort of need a light weight one as mine is too heavy ..

Let me  know ,0427 747 748 , if you have something  that needs finishing,I just need the mill,nothing else,plus I have heaps of spare bits unused.

Bruce”
Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024