Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:01 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Photos

Page 5 of 6    
CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 06:59am 26 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

welcome new guys.

@Seamus - Office attire - very formal   fine head adornments you are sporting... reminds me of a sheep skull we found in the mountains - my kid brought it home and named it "Rambone"
Edited 2020-08-26 17:00 by CaptainBoing

Seamus

Posted: 08:06am 26 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CaptainBoing said  @Seamus - Office attire - very formal   fine head adornments you are sporting... reminds me of a sheep skull we found in the mountains - my kid brought it home and named it "Rambone"

Thanks.
Pretty much nobody would ever believe that I'm on anyone's "nice list", so I just went ahead and made myself a Krampus hat for the holiday season.

The horns are actually 3D printed, with a microcontroller and smart LED strips inside, to make them glow in various patterns for a bit of fun at Krampusnacht parades and the like.
[Insert clever signature here]

x4nd

Posted: 09:18am 26 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Recent-ish one of me sporting a t-shirt sent out of the blue from my brother..

If only there were more hours in the day..

NPHighview

Posted: 06:39am 23 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Happy to be taking part in this journey!

- Steve "NPHighview" Johnson
 (Here's part of the "high view" in Southern California)

Live in the Future. It's Just Starting Now!

TweakerRay

Posted: 01:47pm 23 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A little bit older ;-) But somehow I still look like this...
I do come from a musical background (if that picture might not show that ;-) )
I still use a c-64 from time to time to do music - started programming in basic on that and then later on an Amiga 500... love that I now can continue on a CMM2 ! Thanks for this wonderful machine and this forum ! Learned a lot already ! Cheers TweakerRay
http://tweakerray.bandcamp.com

RetroJoe

Posted: 12:56pm 24 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@TweakerRay, is that a MiniBrute or a MicroBrute you are cradling so lovingly?

I picked up a first-gen MiniBrute on eBay about a year ago, and love it! It looks and sounds awesome, the build quality is fantastic for the price, and is a great “first synth” for anyone (like me...) looking to learn analog techniques. Also “retro synth” related, I picked up an FB-01, with an idea to create hybrid analog / FM sounds via MIDI. Haven’t gotten around to it yet - maybe this winter :)

Another thing I’ve been fascinated and playing with lately is VCV, an open-source Eurorack simulator. Mind-blowing that you can get this amazing stuff for free - we are definitely living in the best of all possible worlds!

P.S. Just listened to “Guardian Theme” - both the Full Blast and 8-bit versions are awesome !!
Edited 2020-10-24 23:05 by RetroJoe
Enjoy Every Sandwich / Joe P.

RetroJoe

Posted: 01:34pm 24 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Not too long ago :)

Enjoy Every Sandwich / Joe P.

ChrisJournoud

Posted: 12:26pm 25 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi ererybody !!
Edited 2020-10-25 22:30 by ChrisJournoud

TweakerRay

Posted: 09:26am 27 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

RetroJoe said  @TweakerRay, is that a MiniBrute or a MicroBrute you are cradling so lovingly?

I picked up a first-gen MiniBrute on eBay about a year ago, and love it! It looks and sounds awesome, the build quality is fantastic for the price, and is a great “first synth” for anyone (like me...) looking to learn analog techniques. Also “retro synth” related, I picked up an FB-01, with an idea to create hybrid analog / FM sounds via MIDI. Haven’t gotten around to it yet - maybe this winter :)

Another thing I’ve been fascinated and playing with lately is VCV, an open-source Eurorack simulator. Mind-blowing that you can get this amazing stuff for free - we are definitely living in the best of all possible worlds!

P.S. Just listened to “Guardian Theme” - both the Full Blast and 8-bit versions are awesome !!

:-) Yes it is the minibrute. One of my first synths which started a collection-addiction. I now own a few rarities of synths like a moog voyager, a buchla musiceasel and a polivoks and some more ;-) But the minibrute has a special place in my heart. I also had a microbrute once, but the minibrute has a more rough sound also was the noise missing on the micro. I just looked up the FB-01 ;-) Nice like my DX-7 which I used when I was on tour once with Hanin Elias (Ex-Atari Teenage Riot) I find the FM-Synthesis a little bit hard to understand (though I like the FM-8 Softsynth by Native Instruments) Editing patches on a small display is not really fun for me.
Yep - I knew the VCV and yes we live in a cool technological time. Thank you very much for the kind words - If you enjoy my stuff please check out more either at my mainpage: www.tweakerray.de or of course at my bandcamp page ( http://tweakerray.bandcamp.com ) - A lot to discover ;-)
http://tweakerray.bandcamp.com

JoOngle

Posted: 05:47pm 27 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's me saying, hello there Forum.

LeoNicolas

Guru

Posted: 06:27pm 27 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

From 2020  

frnno967

Posted: 02:44am 28 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Me at my ham radio station showing off a certificate from a net of friends.

Jay Crutti: Ham Radio Operator, K5JCJ. Computer Enthusiast. Musician. Engineer.

Goksteroo

Posted: 02:12pm 27 Mar 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All... here is my pic... and little bit of my computer history.

My first adventure into computers was to build a Dick Smith Super-80 (what Ozzies remember those?) way back in the day. I learned the basics of soldering and Basic programming and z80 machine code on this. Then followed Amstrad CPC and then Atari ST and Falcon. I did some Basic programming on all these systems. After the 16 bits were dead I switched to PC, and stopped programming at the same time. Since retirement I've started using Emulators for the STs and CPCs and fiddled with Basic and z80 machine code again but I wanted better/faster results. The CMM2 was a godsend to me - at last something modern that I could programme with only a few headaches. At last something to make me think a bit deeper than I usually have to.

Geoff

William Leue
Guru

Posted: 03:07pm 02 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Pic of my granddaughter and myself. (Hint, I'm the ugly one.)

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 06:37pm 10 Jun 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh well - may as well give you lot some target practice...

Taken not long before I retired.

Just proving once again that MMBasic does *NOT* always make you grow a beard. :)
Edited 2021-06-11 04:38 by Mixtel90
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

toml_12953
Guru

Posted: 08:45pm 10 Jun 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Geoffg said  Many of us have been on the Back Shed for years and we have got to know others through many postings BUT we have never met in person.  The other day I was browsing Tindie and spotted an entry from Rob of CircuitGizmos (hi Rob) and it included a photo which, while not as good as meeting in person, was much better than nothing.

While I am at it, a huge vote of thanks to Glenn (Gizmo) for hosting and maintaining the Back Shed over the years.  It has given a lot of us a great deal of enjoyment.

Geoff

Although I'm relatively new here, everyone has made me feel at home. Here's me really at home.

Edited 2021-06-11 06:52 by toml_12953

BrantB

Posted: 10:00pm 10 Jun 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here is a shot of me from about 3 years ago.  It is promo shot that I used during the local municipal election (for a Township of about 10,000 people), when I ran for mayor.  

It was my first attempt at getting onto the local Council ... and I won ... BY 5 VOTES (after the re-count).  

Full disclosure: I sat in the public gallery for the 6 years prior, attending nearly every Council and committee meeting as an onlooker, so I was already well-versed in municipal matters.  But election night (and the month that followed, until the recount had taken place) was a roller coaster.

What a crazy time in history to take the helm - one year before a global pandemic .  It has been the great equalizer.  It didn't matter if you were a "newbie" like me, or a 20-year veteran ... no one had a playbook for this, so we all leaned on each other.  

I can tell you this - it sure has kept me busy for the last 16 months!     It is one of the mains reasons that I only get a chance to dabble with MicroMites (various flavours) in fits and starts.  Otherwise, you would likely see me in the forums more often.  And what a great forum it is - very respectful, very friendly, and very helpful.

Many thanks to Geoff, Peter, and the many other stalwarts in the MicroMite world, for your dedication to the cause.

Nice to meet everyone!

Brant

PS - Being the crazy Canuck that I am, it is nice to read through documentation and forum messages where words like "colour" are actually spelled properly!  

dashishmeister

Posted: 11:59am 13 Jun 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

why is this thread full of old geezers

thwill

Guru

Posted: 12:45pm 13 Jun 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

dashishmeister said  why is this thread full of old geezers

IMO and put very broadly because that is the generation that bridged ham radio and the micro-computer revolution. and are now (semi) retired with time on their hands to play with the new generation of SoC micro-controllers.

Personally I'm the later generation that was brought up with 80's micro-computers.

And a generation beyond that, well they are all too busy following C list celebrities and posting gossip about them on social media

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2021-06-14 01:56 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

palcal

Guru

Posted: 08:47pm 13 Jun 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

One thing I have noticed is a distinct lack of ladies, even in IT today it seems to be a man's world. I'm like Tom, got into micro computers about 1980 then Windows 95 came along and I stopped fiddling and bought a PC. Got back into it when I saw the original Maximite.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

Page 5 of 6    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024