Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:07 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Armmite F4: programming the firmware

Page 14 of 16    
cdeagle

Posted: 09:15am 27 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Brian

Canada_Cold

Posted: 03:58pm 06 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

I’m a bit new to the Micromite programming, so please excuse me if the question is stupid or redundant.   I’m looking for the connections (would be nice if it was a list) for connecting a 7” SSD1963Q LCD to the Armmite F4 black board.   I loaded the board, and have it running MMBasic (ARMmite MMBasic Version 5.05.09).  Thanks to matherp, your post was excellent on getting it loaded with MMBasic .

I’ve run pgms to check the I/O ports and have had the Comm ports working.   However I don’t understand how to connect the LCD.  If someone could give me the connection list or point me to where I can find it that would be a big help.    Also what command you used to config the LCD.  The current info in the board is “OPTION LCDPANEL ILI9341_16, RLANDSCAPE” which I will need to be changed.

Thanks, Don

matherp
Guru

Posted: 04:31pm 06 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Attached is the wiring for the SSD1963 adapter I did

Disable the ILI9341 with

OPTION LCDPANEL DISABLE

then enable the SSD1963 with

OPTION LCDPANEL SSD1963_n_16,orientation

n should be 4, 5, 5A, 7, 7A, or 8 (same as the MM+)

orientation should be L, RL, P, or RP

Then setup touch if required

OPTION TOUCH PB12, PC5
GUI CALIBRATE

circuit

Posted: 01:30pm 14 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  

Aaagh: It never occurred to me that you hadn't set a sensible time and date. The firmware looks for a date > 2018 before it allows the clock to run without reset on restart. Otherwise the firmware can't know that the clock has been properly initialised. I'll include this as a warning in the manual

cdeagle said  Can someone point me to the Armmite F4 manual?

Thanks

I know that most of the focus has gone onto the CMM2, but a manual for this board would be welcomed enormously.  I have piled through the fourteen pages of bulletin board and gleaned a lot of the minutiae, as well as trying to find the relevant information in the H7 manual and so forth but a consolidated manual for this great little board would be fantastic.

This is a fabulously useful and very powerful little board and available at such a low price.  Peter, I very much appreciate the work that you put into porting MMBASIC into this board - it is extremely versatile at such low cost; currently only £10 on Amazon.  I can hardly believe that I can buy a board with a 32bit ARM processor, an SD card interface, a USB interface, a Winbond flash chip ...and a battery-backed real-time clock all for a tenner!  

Is there any hope of a consolidated manual anytime soon?  ...please?

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 02:56pm 14 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry I can't help with your actual query but did you find the thread here?

John

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 07:15pm 14 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

To be honest, I would also like a comprehensive manual, not only for the F4 but for anything beyond the MM+.
It is absolutely possible to find all information in what is written, but it is a bit distributed over documents.

Few weeks ago I had to look something up on the MM extreme board, and could not find it in the MMextreme doc. Looked in the MM2 document, and finally found it in the MM+ documentation.

Similar for the F4, information is distributed in 14 page threads, and an H7 manual that only lists what is added over the MM series. And part of the H7 manual is about features not in the F4, and the F4 has features not in the H7.

If...Geoff and Peter would share the source files, I am offering to put in the sweat to combine the info for the F4 into ONE document. Few evenings of cut-and-paste should do it. My contribution to the forum....;)

Volhout
Edited 2020-07-15 05:18 by Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

matherp
Guru

Posted: 07:01am 15 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  If...Geoff and Peter would share the source files, I am offering to put in the sweat to combine the info for the F4 into ONE document.

Happy to share the source - send me a PM with your email address. However, just type LIST commands and LIST functions and that tells you what is there. Then by reference to the various threads you should be able to piece things together

Decoy

Posted: 07:27am 15 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guys

I have several of these boards lying around - I was thinking, would it be possible to ever get something like a VGA or even composite output on them, and maybe a keyboard input? I really like the idea of a self-contained unit...like the MM :)

Thanks!
Nicholas

Canada_Cold

Posted: 11:26am 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guys,

I too have a couple of these boards, programmed with ARMmite MMBasic Version 5.05.09.   I sure could use a list that showed the mapping of the pins on the board (by name PE0, PA2,,, etc) to the functions (COMx, I2Cx,,, etc) in MMBasic.

Any help would be great.

Don

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:26pm 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is what I made up for my use:

Also this from I'm not sure who:

F4 Pin Functions.zip
Edited 2020-07-16 22:34 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Canada_Cold

Posted: 12:47pm 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi lizby,

That is Excellent, thank you so much.

Don

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 01:07pm 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Canada_Cold said    I sure could use a list that showed the mapping of the pins on the board (by name PE0, PA2,,, etc) to the functions (COMx, I2Cx,,, etc) in MMBasic.

I am fairly certain the Arm versions of MMBasic can use the name of the pin as well as the number

can you try
Setpin PC13,DIN

matherp
Guru

Posted: 01:20pm 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here is the "official" mapping, and yes you can use the pin name whenever you need to specify a pin as the Captain says

{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 0
{ GPIOE,  GPIO_PIN_2,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 1 IR
{ GPIOE,  GPIO_PIN_3,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 2 Count 3/KEY1
{ GPIOE,  GPIO_PIN_4,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 3 Count 4/KEY0
{ GPIOE,  GPIO_PIN_5,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 4 PWM-3A
{ GPIOE,  GPIO_PIN_6,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 5 PWM-3B
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 6 VBAT
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_13,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT,  NULL, 0},     // pin 7
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 8 OSC32_IN
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 9 OSC32_OUT
   { NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 10 VSS
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 11 VDD
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 12 OSC8_IN
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 13 OSC8_OUT
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 14 NRST
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_0,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_10},    // pin 15
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_1,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC2, ADC_CHANNEL_11},    // pin 16
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_2,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC3, ADC_CHANNEL_12},    // pin 17
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_3,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_13},    // pin 18
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 19 VDD
   { NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 20 VSSA
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 21 VREF+
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 22 VDDA
{ GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_0,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_0},     // pin 23 COM3-TX/COUNT-0/WK_UP
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_1,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_1},     // pin 24 COM3-RX
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_2,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_2},     // pin 25 COM4-TX
//
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_3,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_3},     // pin 26 COM4-RX
   { NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 27 VSS
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 28 VDD
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 29 DAC-1
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 30 DAC-2
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_6,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_6},     // pin 31 PWM-1A +LED-D2
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_7,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_7},     // pin 32 PWM-1B +LED-D3
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_4,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN ,  ADC2, ADC_CHANNEL_14},   // pin 33
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_5,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN ,  ADC2, ADC_CHANNEL_15},   // pin 34 T_IRQ
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_0,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT | ANALOG_IN , ADC1, ADC_CHANNEL_8},     // pin 35 PWM-1C/F_CS
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 36 LCD_BL
{ GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_2,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},        // pin 37
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 38 FSMC_D4
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 39 FSMC_D5
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 40 FSMC_D6
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 41 FSMC_D7
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 42 FSMC_D8
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 43 FSMC_D9
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 44 FSMC_D10
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 45 FSMC_D11
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 46 FSMC_D12
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_10,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 47 I2C2-SCL
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_11,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 48 I2C2-SDA
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 49 VCAP
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 50 VDD
//
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_12,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 51 T_CS
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_13,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 52 SPI2-CLK
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_14,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 53 SPI2-IN
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_15,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 54 SPI2-OUT
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 55 FSMC_D13
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 56 FSMC_D14
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 57 FSMC_D15
{ GPIOD,  GPIO_PIN_11,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 58 Drive_VBUS_FS
{ GPIOD,  GPIO_PIN_12,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 59 PWM-2A
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 60 FSMC_A18
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 61 FSMC_D0
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 62 FSMC_D1
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_6,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT,  NULL, 0},     // pin 63 COM2-TX
{ GPIOC,  GPIO_PIN_7,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT,  NULL, 0},     // pin 64 COM2-RX
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 65 SDIO_D0
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 66 SDIO_D1
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_8, DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},       // pin 67
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_9, DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},       // pin 68 COM1-TX
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_10, DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},       // pin 69 COM1-RX
// { NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 68 CONSOLE-TX
// { NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 69 CONSOLE-RX
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 70 USB-DM
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 71 USB-DP
{ GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_13, DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},       // pin 72 SWDIO
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 73 VCAP
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 74 VSS
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 75 VDD
//
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_14, DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},       // pin 76 SWCLK
   { GPIOA,  GPIO_PIN_15,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 77 KBD_CLK
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 78 SDIO_D2
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 79 SDIO_D3
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 80 SDIO_CK
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 81 FSMC_D2
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 82 FSMC_D3
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 83 SDIO_CMD
   { GPIOD,  GPIO_PIN_3,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 84 KBD_DATA
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 85 FSMC_NOE
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 86 FSMC_NWE
   { GPIOD,  GPIO_PIN_6,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 87
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 88 FSMC_NE1
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_3,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 89 SPI_CLK
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_4,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 90 SPI_IN
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_5,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 91 SPI-OUT
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_6,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 92 I2C-SCL/NRF_CE
   { GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_7,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},     // pin 93 I2C-SDA/NRF_CS
   { NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 94 BOOT0
{ GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_8, DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},       // pin 95 PWM-2B
{ GPIOB,  GPIO_PIN_9, DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT , NULL, 0},       // pin 96 PWM-2C
{ GPIOE,  GPIO_PIN_0,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 97
{ GPIOE,  GPIO_PIN_1,  DIGITAL_IN | DIGITAL_OUT ,  NULL, 0},     // pin 98 COUNT 1
{ NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 99 VSS
   { NULL,  0, PUNUSED , NULL, 0},                                                       // pin 100 VDD

Canada_Cold

Posted: 03:02pm 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks, Don

RonnS

Posted: 09:11pm 17 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hello,

i want to know which pins are 5volt tolerant i want to count pulses from a brushless motor driver

thanks

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:44pm 17 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  i want to know which pins are 5volt tolerant

Try the datasheet for the chip

Spoth

Posted: 07:22am 12 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello,

Is it possible to have the source code for ArmmiteF4.
I'd like to adapt to this board
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000602517153.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1ec64c4d70rbZZ

and I think it will only be a small amount of work to adapt only for the pins.

Thanks

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:06am 12 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've passed the source to Geoff to make available through MMBASIC.COM when he has a chance. You must understand the licencing conditions through - it is for your own use only and firmware generated from the source may not be distributed. There is also no support for source or how to compile/build it.

Spoth

Posted: 12:42pm 12 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the answer.
I got the source code from MMBASIC.COM but only for STM32H7. I'll have a closer look

matherp
Guru

Posted: 12:49pm 12 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've just sent him the F4 source - but you will need to wait for him to have a chance to post it

UPDATE

Now posted - thanks Geoff
Edited 2021-01-12 22:58 by matherp

Page 14 of 16    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024