Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:25 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Coronavirus humour (please add)

Page 2 of 7    
CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 01:49pm 21 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Grogs

Oooh! grab us that pack of tuffy would ya?  

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 09:22pm 21 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 09:25pm 21 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

https://youtu.be/cER72KUNErk

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 11:44am 22 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 11:50am 22 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

pacman 2020

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 12:45am 23 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Went shopping first thing this morning. Most shelves had some stock but there were moderate queues before the shop opened and a lot went fairly quickly. The shoppers seemed a bit shell-shocked.
I have to admit, the lack of stuff doesn't usually bother me but the empty aisles freak me out a bit.  [watched too many SF films I guess] I half-expect zombies in the shadows    calling out "TOILET PAPER !! TOILET PAPER !!"  no doubt  

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 08:29am 23 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

We only go to the shop every 2 weeks or so, and have done for the last 15 years, don't live close to shops, its over 60km round trip and would be a waste of time and expense for those of us who live out in the bush to have to go to the shop every second day.
Also there are others that load up there 4WD with groceries and do deliveries in the areas they come from, for those that cannot get to the shop.

Some of the remote properties only shop once every few months or so, what are they supposed to do?
With restrictions progressing I guess this wont work anymore.

when we had the floods up here we were stuck at home for a month, finally got to shop only to find the shelves practically empty,(People a bit Zombie looking then too) there were some tinned soup and beans and come home with that.
Just as well the chooks were laying eggs, got a good feed.
Isolation Doesn't bother me.

I'm sure the amount of stock on the shelve will level out when people have the stuff they need .....Now were is that FLUX CAPACITOR,to even things out.
Edited 2020-03-23 18:37 by Revlac
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:45am 24 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Revlac said  

I'm sure the amount of stock on the shelve will level out when people have the stuff they need .....

Thats what I'm thinking.

Not sure why people even think there will be a food shortage. Hasn't happened anywhere else in the world I'm aware of. we p[roduce so much of our own I can't see us of all countries being short... Unless all the companies taken over by the chinese just ship it straight out.  

Once people start seeing food continuing to be on the shelves and they have their stock pile, things will level out.
I guarantee once this is well on the downhill, the supermarkets won't sell another bog roll for 6 months. the appliance stores won't sell another fridge or freezer either.
Will be plenty for sale on dumbtree though.

Bit that annoys me atm is I can only get a months supply of Diabetes meds at a time. I usually stock up on that as I have a habit of running out but can't put any in reserve now.

Pain medication is limited but went to a chemist on the weekend that had a whole display of panadol in 96 tablet Boxes. Cheap too!
Had a limit of one per person but was then informed I could buy a box of the chemists own brand, also 96 tablets as well. so I did.

I go through a few of them with headaches and have been getting them just in 24's from the supermarket.  Won't make that mistake again.

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 12:55pm 24 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Revlac said  ...Now were is that FLUX CAPACITOR,to even things out.

Reminded me that I saw Jaycar advertising Flux Capacitors in one of their catalogues. Had a double take when I saw it.

Trolled through my FB pages & eventually found it (Nov '17).
here

Brian
ChopperP

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:39am 25 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all.

Well, NZ is now in level-4 quarantine from midnight tonight.
This means that ALL non-essential businesses must CLOSE for the next four weeks, and everyone must stay at home.
That means all retail, trades, bars and cafe's, pools, cinemas, museums, libraries...you get the idea.

Naturally, that means me also, so I won't be able to process or ship any kits from my website for at LEAST the next four weeks, and those abilities have been now been turned off on my website.  Anyone with orders pending, please use my website to contact me, and I can refund your money.  The CONTACTS page is still enabled.

All NZ residents are to self-isolate at home for the next month, and it WILL be enforced by the police, and I actually agree with that.  You still have access to all the modern tech, but you just have to stay at home.  Cutting grass or home maintenance and gardening etc is fine, but you have to stay away from all other people.  Dumb people who try to carry on as normal and break quarantine will get busted by the cops.  Something of a police-state, but I still think that is a good thing TEMPORARILY.  We have to get a handle on this, or at least try to.

Anyhoo, that means I will be floating around on the forums more then usual, looking to break my isolation as I live alone.  Humour is a good remedy for stress, so I think this thread is awesome, and we all need to add to it as suggested.

So, here is one:

My wife Nadine sent me down to the shop this morning for some urgent supplies, things we badly require, Fresh Oysters, Fizzy, Chocolate, a mutton bird and pomegranates, just the most essential items; and she said I must wear a mask and take a small alcohol wipe for anything I touch.  

So I did that as directed, and when I got there I couldn't believe it - everyone else still had their clothes on.

Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 10:27am 25 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just me and the youngest boy here in France.

Mrs and eldest boys stuck in the UK.

Me and the youngest got the virus19 2 weeks ago, youngest got it from his school a week before all schools closed. Not nice.

Doctors surgery told us not to come in and self isolate, No they wont test unless we are admitted to hospital.

Felt better yesterday, the virus comes and goes even 10 days later, sick, vomiting, aches and painfull musccels, bad coughing, sore throat, headaches, bad breathing difficulties etc etc, and we are normally healthy.

Needed food, or else the wifes ducks, dog and cats were starting to look tasty. So Went shopping yesterday in my local French town.

I was dressed in a full chemical suit, that can be hosed/washed down dried and re-used, (I use it in my chemical room, as over 40 years I have become sensitive to my working chemicals).  Not easy driving my car with that lot on.  But hay I can keep my own germs inside.

The chemical filters have a life of 100 hours and can be removed and Isopropyl alcohol cleaned.
If I get splash of virus on my suit, ie someone sneezes, ….. it can last up to 9 hours even if washed off.

Everyone that was out shopping for food were mostly wearing masks, they looked at me very seriously, even the girls in the supermarket were not surprised.

My 13 year old took this photo, some French friends think its the latest fashion to go shopping haha!

But if I had the virus at least I wont give it to others.

Edited 2020-03-25 20:30 by Clockmanfr
Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 02:36pm 25 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

blimey! Good luck Clockmanfr

well done being socially conscious, hope you are both well again soon

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 09:06pm 25 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No obvious panic around here (suburban Melbourne) plenty of people around at the local shops, all seems quite normal, masks are a very rare thing to see. Perhaps one person in fifty or a hundred seen wearing a mask.

Shelves at the big supermarkets are pretty bare, but the small corner shops still have plenty of most things. Even the big supermarkets have plenty of fresh bread and milk, and the green grocers have 100% normal supply of all kinds of fruit and vegetables.

It may suddenly get worse, but right now its all pretty much a non event around here.
Cheers,  Tony.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:28am 26 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Many / Most of the shops here in the centres are closed. A lot in town are also, many forced to. As Tony says supermarkets look ransacked but in the smaller places which the Mrs and I enjoy using normally, it's business as usual.  The toerh day they had Rice and pasta in the supermarket literaly with a security gaurd telling people 2 packets only and people were visibly making a run for it... while trying hard not to look like they were getting it while they could.  Over to the Fruit and veg/ Deli/ Bakery place and apart from bog roll, they had everything you wanted and as much as you wanted.  And a damn site better pasta than what the supermarket sells.

I think everything should be shut down for a couple of weeks anyway.

I find it rather illogical that you can only have 10 people at a Funeral, 5 at a wedding, restaurants and many service's are closed and police are supposedly enforcing social Distancing, yet tens of thousands of people are Cramming on to trains and Busses to and from work every day!    It's totally Illogical!

Just seems completely counter productive. You can't go to the beach and be near others or in a group outdoors buy you can jam into a bus or train. The last time I went on a train here in peak hour the thing would have still been Crowded if it only had half the people on board.  I can only think of the amount of spread one person in one train carriage could cause. Either let people out in the parks and beaches in the fresh air and sunshine or stop public transport. They way it is seems completely half arse and futile to me.

If they are going to go for a lock down, do it properly.

I think the other possibility is to relax the social distancing thing as it obviously has holes in it you could drive a truck through and concentrate on protecting the high risk  people.... Like me! :0)

I have laid the law down to my father to stay holed up and don't talk to anyone.
I have arranged with his house keeper to do his shopping and drop it off at the door.
Made sure he has Plenty of cash so he can leave the money for her. Glad he is on 10 acres now and can well self isolate. He seems quite happy about it for the time being.

I wonder if it would not be better to concentrate on protecting and looking after the elderly and the vulnerable and let others look after themselves rather than trying to protect everyone. If we made sure services were there to protect the most vulerable and those that have the higest casualty rate, it might be better to look after a few and let everyone else wear it and be done with it.  Seems for under 30's it's going to bounce right off any way. For the over 50's it seems to bit a lot harder the older you get.

I also question the idea that masks would not help.  Maybe not the thin surgical ones but the better industrial disposables are a lot thicker and in my unqualified opinion would have to be a lot better than nothing.  Someone sneezes in the open and the spray can fly round and if it gets on your lips or in your nose in a micro droplet, your it.  Id it lands on a mask, to me seems a much better chance thats where it will stay. They say the sun is helpful in killing it which sounds reasonable as many things are sanitised by UV so that would be in teh favour of people outside as well.
I sure as hell wouldn't get on a train or a bus without a mask of some sort that's for sure!

Was talking to a mate of mine today and he was saying how he bought a Qty of good respirators/ face shields just like clockman is wearing. He said I thought I won't get a lot of use out of them after the fires but now looks like they could come in a lot more handy.  He said if it gets bad and the Mrs does have to go out for supplies, she WILL be wearing one and disposable overalls which he does keep for his work.

He said she can go in and do the shopping then when she comes out, strip off and put the suit in a garbage or a sealed bag, give everything a spray with disinfectant, pack the car and come home.

Might sound over the top but he just had a big operation a couple of weeks ago they told him would take him out from anything bar watching TV for a month and not to even do paper work and use his computer during that time. 6 Months till he goes back to work so if he caught this, Better chance than not it would be fatal for some time at least.

3 months ago we were all despairing about fires and Drought.
Bad as it was, somehow doesn't seem so bad now.  At least there were ways of fighting that and full resources.  With this, who knows where we will end up not only from the Whoo hoo flu but the financial impact afterwards that will affect every person in the world pretty much.

I can see some good coming out of this.  It has and will put a lot of things in perspective.  The whiny snowflakes with their precious, pedantic and over the top Political correctness aren't going to be taken nearly as much notice of. The over the top climate change being rammed down our  throats endlessly has already completely disappeared in the face of a REAL emergency.  I don't think it will ever gain the same ground again. The constantly aggrieved Minority groups who want to be like everyone else but but a gut to be different and stand out are also going to take a tablespoon of concrete and harden the hell up.

Like wise the usual aggrived whingers and their agenda is going to take a massive hit and I think there will be a VERY welcome return to self reliance, independence and DIY.  The throw away society and those that can't change a tap washer for themselves are going to be looked at very differently and find things very difficult for some time to come.  My brother in law whom is completely incapable of doing anything for himself and says the only tool he needs is his cheque book I think will find that tool just lost a lot of it's capabilities. I'll know things are tough if he asks me to help him fix something.... like a fuse or tap washer.  

Those of us that are not useless will no longer be looked at as being weird or eccentric etc but rather admired for our skills and resourcefulness.  Something that was taken for granted when we were all younger and matter of fact but has been largely lost especially by the latest generation of self centred whiny little constantly offended cup cakes. What a reality check those little princesses are in for.

I already see on social Media all the complaints because they have to do their workouts at home and can't go to the gym like it was the only thing keeping them alive.   They may figure out they don't need the Gym but I think going to one is far more a vanity thing than a health motivation anyway. On the 3rd hand, they can still post selfies and show the like empty minded how good their butt looks so not a total loss by any means.

Our self sufficiency and DIY skills will stand us in real good stead to weather this out with the least amount of hardship especially if things do get bad.  

Might be a good time to invest in a new greenhouse.

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 11:08am 26 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was sick for 18 days

bad headaches
Low oxygen light headed ears ringing
Bad deap down lungs

choughing up stuff forever
Then at end worst gut pain ever

Only 40% of my heart works and diagnosed first with lung cancer spot on lung size of golf ball
then testicular yes had three of them for few years lol

told doc no treatment when it was my time GOD the great I am!!would take me

Third one finaly went away on it own
I just know everyone was wandering lol

I am sorry I am full of it

I think it is from being stuck at home

That is my excuse anyhow

haven't be back to a cancer doctor since that was 7 or 8 years ago
Doing great!!!

wife kids went to doc got tested for everything all come back negative

No test available for this viruse at that time

Doc  prescribed wife Sudafed Claritin-D whatever you call it

Of course I didn't go to the doctor but  sudafed!! helped me tremendously

I think I would have died without it
I would only take little tiny bit
because of heart

it would clear my lungs brake that stuff up!!

I also had been taking high doses of vitamins c with a few other home remedies

I begged my dad to stay away
but he got new 40 calb auto Smith and Wesson

He just had to show me and the boys
He is almost 70 same enlarged heart problems as me

he never got sick and still hasn't

he takes home remedies arm and hammer in his water

yes baken soda he says keeps his ph right he never gets sick

He showed up last night I said dad is everything alright

He said of course god takes care of me

I said is he going to pay your bail this is mandatory stay home

He said you worry to much hop in I want show you something

I open passer door he has a pistol laying in seat

I said dad please tell me that not loaded

He said of course it is

i say you dont have one in chamber do you stupid question lol

He say yep my license ran dead 6 months ago also

He was a game warden u would think he would be a little more careful but not my dad

He is a great man and always has been

when I was little hole town came to him to settle problems

Thay new he was a godly man and would be honest and fair

My kids did great about 12 days mild symptoms

Amber was a little bad about 16 days

I passed out several times but aways woke back up after little nap lol

passed out woke up ontop of busted up box fan

I was bruised up but that poor fan didn't stand a chance lol

Guy in USA NY came up with treatment that 350 people done fine with

Z pack and something else with it

Probably better that taking chance of trouble like I did hint

I grew up with a preacher for a dad he was always talking about last part of good book

So it seems strange to crash a hole world economy

I could read my bible to much and be a little paranoid though

Who knows I know tv will drive you nuts

Turn it off dance a little jig get cup of coffee smile and do something you enjoy!!!

Worry don't make anything better

It can make it worse if you let it though

Take advantage and do something fun!!

I hope everybody gets a blessing from this and have a great day!!!
Edited 2020-03-26 21:17 by BenandAmber
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

plover

Guru

Posted: 01:27pm 26 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockmanfr

A well controlled clinical study conducted in France, Didier Raoult M.D./Ph.D et al
has shown that patients that received a combination of HCQ (hydroxychloroquine)and Azithromycin tested negative and were virological cured within 6 days of treatment

Get googling, I hope you have seen or heard about it already

For those of you that have heard Tump on HCQ bit

https://www.wired.com/story/an-old-malaria-drug-may-fight-covid-19-and-silicon-valleys-into-it/

I don't like Trump but if he manages to get this out quick, I will tip my hat.

I am hearing that the opposition is growing (needs to be tested first, it is now dangerous.  First death by somebody taking HCQ obtained from pool cleaner)

Anyone spotted the funny bit, which is not funny at all.  I am trying to get the source of the dead person as I have only got it by verbal)

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 08:56pm 26 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No its not at all funny.  
But despite the sometimes noxious personal nature of Trump, he is doing a lot of good.
The alternative is just too terrible to even contemplate.

Don't want to get too political, the Forum Gods may become angry.
Cheers,  Tony.

plover

Guru

Posted: 11:14pm 26 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed
Thank you for reminding me that about the forum rules, reading and searching about the corona virus has been almost a full time job for 3 weeks but the more I work at it the worse it gets what I find.

General
Then I read here a couple real world descriptions of the virus and the misery. When I read about Clockmanfr just after I had clarified for myself more about the 'french trial' I could not let it go.  He may be able to talk a doctor into getting some strong HCQ ( HCQ + Azithromycin) I will just refer to it as HCQ hereon.

Here is the picture of the results, and I will get the link for the paper as well, though it ought to be easy to find by googling. I have it in pdf format but I don't know where to attach if it is possible. hang on perhaps I do

It is not the only paper but it is hard to come by there is a venemous force that is fighhting nail and tooth that we don't get this under control anyway let us give that force a fight we have the internet and millions of people now able to spend there days searching?

I would like to ask the governments why is testing needed to use a drug that has been used for many years to fight malaria?  We really really have a stupid man made emergency? People are dying from this virus, people a scared to death, the world economy is being wrecked and we need to do controlled testing????

The cost of the medication is nothing compared with Vaccine. Do we really need to wait for a vaccine that will be od doubtfull value when it is available.
200323-Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of

COVID-19.pdf

Ok just let me know if I shall stop posting
Edited 2020-03-27 09:38 by plover

johnmc

Posted: 02:17am 27 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good day all,
Thanks for the updates, as this information  is  most important .
cheers john
johnmc

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 03:15am 27 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I read something years ago about someone that's already had cold or flu or some kind of disease has already build up immunity

they could use that person's blood to make another person have immunity is that not true for this viruse

If so with the intelligence of the people on this site

not suggesting anything just saying

God bless Australia

I really like saying that ever since I've got to know a few Australians
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

Page 2 of 7    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024