Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:51 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2: V5.05.04 beta

Page 5 of 5    
matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:38pm 12 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sounds like the DFU driver hasn't installed properly. Do all the usual W10 tricks/reinstalls etc. to get a driver installed

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:54pm 12 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You are doing things in my preferred sequence.

As Peter suggests,
In device manager try uninstalling the faulty driver.
You will need the CMM2 plugged in so it appears in Device Manager (as DFU)
Unplug CMM2
Reboot PC
Reinsert CMM2

The driver should be re-installed. It is a Windows supplied driver so no need to go installing anything from STM

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

cTrix

Posted: 05:31am 13 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  IMAGE ROTATE_FAST   |    IMAGE RESIZE_FAST  
...use a nearest neighbour algorithm rather than bi-linear interpolation. As a result they are much faster (6x for rotate and 20x for resize) but, of course, the resulting image quality will not be as good

This command is PERFECT :-)  Thanks so much.  It looks more legit for retro stuff anyway.  Great changes on the whole!

Quick update from me:

- Planning some tests on the way 16 bit and 12 bit graphics are imported into CMM2 - or maybe you can answer.  Do you know if it's mid threshold or high threshold on image conversion?  (that is, if a 24bit value is 254,254,254 or 249,249,249 .... does it snap to 15,15,15 in 12bit mode?  

Or if it's 8,8,8 in 24bit PNG import, does it mid quantize to 1,1,1 in 12bit mode?  Or is the threshold at 15,15,15 in 24bit mode before it'll go to 1,1,1 in 12 bit mode?

- Been super busy dealing with life BS atm (like loosing lease on my business, needing to move 2 rooms of stuff solo because of lockdown plus rebuild  on zero budget with zero help coz of rules, etc... and being non-eligible for any grants... blah blah... crap lots of us probably dealing with!!)

- Looking at having a competition category at Syntax Demoparty in Nov for the CMM2.  We'll open it up to international too.  Was thinking 2MB Unzipped folder  would be a fun limitation ;-)  Although open to peeps writing in-BASIC decompression algo's - tho PNG + JPEG as good as you'll get for GFX anyways.  I'll probably port Power Packer from Amiga to BASIC.  Or might just write my own delta / ADPCM packer (MOD music can get around a 3:1 compression)

- I've started recording some guides to prepping graphics and music assets for the CMM2, in a way that graphics artists / musicians should understand.  Assuming people are using PhotoShop for graphics as  GIMP misses features.  I think PhotoShop CS2 (from eons ago) is available from Adobe as a legacy free DL anyway (or was).  Arguably the older version is better for palette management.

Meanwhile, 42k views on my lil CMM2 video.  And David (aka 8bit guy) almost at 250k.  Hopefully it helps see a few units get out there :-)
Edited 2020-07-13 15:33 by cTrix
Link: YouTube Colour MaxiMite 2 Intro Video   |   ctrix.net

capsikin
Guru

Posted: 12:14pm 22 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

cTrix said  
  matherp said  IMAGE ROTATE_FAST   |    IMAGE RESIZE_FAST  
...use a nearest neighbour algorithm rather than bi-linear interpolation. As a result they are much faster (6x for rotate and 20x for resize) but, of course, the resulting image quality will not be as good

This command is PERFECT :-)  Thanks so much.  It looks more legit for retro stuff anyway.  Great changes on the whole!

If I understand correctly, this means you can be in 640x400 mode, and have a 640x400 map in an off screen page. And copy a 320x200 section of the map onto the screen, scaled up to full screen, so it looks like you're in 320x200 mode, but there's an area 4 times the size of the screen you can scroll around in by copying in different parts of the offscreen page (again, scaled up)

This could make full screen scrolling much easier, if it's fast enough.

update: I tried this, it was too slow (for smooth scrolling). Otherwise it worked.
Edited 2020-07-22 23:21 by capsikin

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024