Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:15 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 Max-E-Man

Page 2 of 2    
realmnm

Posted: 11:45am 19 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

ZXKIM81 said  i get the [1418]error Sintax
i am on mmbasic version 5.05.4

can any one shed some light on this as i wanna play it

You need to update to the latest firmware version, which is currently 5.05.05b11

Martin
This signature intentionally left blank.

MauroXavier
Guru

Posted: 05:39pm 19 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dude... What a wonderful game!      

Your source code is so clean and well done that I shame on me when looking at what I do with my sources...  

qwerty823

Posted: 04:00pm 27 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Martin,

I noticed that if you stop Max-E-Man in a bottom right corner, he's invincible. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but thought I'd mention it.

David

realmnm

Posted: 10:36pm 27 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

qwerty823 said  
I noticed that if you stop Max-E-Man in a bottom right corner, he's invincible. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but thought I'd mention it.

It's a bug, due to the way I am detecting collisions.  Hopefully fixed in the next version as a lot has changed.  Unfortunately it won't be released for a while yet as I have a few things I need to fix, and not a lot of time to fix them at the moment.

Martin
This signature intentionally left blank.

paceman
Guru

Posted: 07:00am 10 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bump back to last year here. I've been playing the older version of Martin's great Max-E-Man with my little granddaughter and just found that newer versions of the CMM2 firmware (I'm now running the current V5.07.02b1) error out with "Array Bounds" or some-such when it initialises. There are just two problem lines:

ghoststartpos:  the LABEL on line 152 on my system, &
restore ghoststartpos    on line 303.

I remember there were changes made a while ago about illegal use of the same names for variables, labels, subs etc. but I'm not sure when that change occurred. I looked through Martin's code and saw there was also a subroutine with the "ghoststartpos" name but that doesn't seem to produce a problem.

Anyway, the fix is simple, just change those two lines to a different unigue name, I used "ghstpo" (DUH..) and you're back into fun with the kids!

Greg

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024