Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:21 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Releasing MBG Designs into Public domain

Page 2 of 3    
PeteCotton

Guru

Posted: 07:31pm 04 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said  
I hope to be chasing little white balls all over the golf course more than I currently have been doing (and learning some more swear words in the process) plus I have taken up PC Gaming again whilst in Lockdown (I have just finished FARCRY 6) I used to play a lot of PC games 10 or 15 years ago but LD gave me the opportunity to take it up again and I love it. Takes my frustrations out by killing bad blokes. (figuratively). At 63 an old bugger playing PC games.  

Great to hear. Have you tried the Assassin's Creed Series? I recommend starting with Black Flag or Syndicate. They take a while to get in to - but I love them.

Take care,

Pete

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 01:14am 05 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

I am quite overwhelmed by the response both publicly and privately. Thank you one and all.

@Tom and Bill,
I do live in Melbourne and it DOES get damned hot at times (sometimes over 40 degrees C but doesnt compare to the `top end'

@PeteCotton,

No I havent tried Assassins Creed, yet. I like the high end great graphics games but not ones that I MUST play online with a bunch of 15yo that want to shoot me in the back when playing in `teams' or activate a GOD MODE somehow.

@Curtis,

Here is Mik-Matrix Gerber files (originally called LED 8-8) in a 3 x 3 layout suitable for 9 PCBs on a 100x100mm panel complete with Vee-Grooves to snap them apart

Mik-Matrix.zip

Here is the DEXPCB design file, once again 3D is up the poo but ignore that.

LED 8-8.zip

All support files may be found >>> HERE <<<

Note this PCB is best at 1.2mm thickness PCB (as is MuP-2)

I have not tested that the later versions of MMBasic work with the code in the link above but shouldnt need much change if not.

Kind Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Justplayin

Guru

Posted: 04:37am 05 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said  
I have not tested that the later versions of MMBasic work with the code in the link above but shouldnt need much change if not.

I believe the Mik-Matrix software will work with the current firmware for the MX170 and MX470 Mites.  However, due to the CSubs, it is not compatible with any of the new Mites Peter has created.  I have a Pi Pico on order and may try converting the CSubs back into pure MMBasic to see if it fast enough to work.

--Curtis
I am not a Mad Scientist...  It makes me happy inventing new ways to take over the world!!

PeteCotton

Guru

Posted: 08:53pm 05 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said  
@PeteCotton,

No I havent tried Assassins Creed, yet. I like the high end great graphics games but not ones that I MUST play online with a bunch of 15yo that want to shoot me in the back when playing in `teams' or activate a GOD MODE somehow.

I'm 100% with you on that. The only time I play multi-player is with my kids. All of the Assassin's Creed games are drop dead gorgeous open world romps and luckily none of them have an online mode at all.

The Black Flag one is set in the Caribbean, and to be honest, even just sailing around is very relaxing.

I know it's an older game, but they've updated it with a 4K texture pack for modern machines. The later Assassin's Creed games all improved even more on these graphics - but Black Flag and Syndicate (set in London) have the best gameplay in my opinion. The only one in the series I would avoid is Unity - which was set in Paris.

The older ones (Black Flag and Syndicate) are almost always on sale for 75% off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ8V7yJE3Rg

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 10:44pm 05 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

@PeteCotton,

I just checked on steam and Assassins creed is still quite pricey, $60AU for a nearly 7 year old game.

I tried Gog.com and indiegala which are usually cheaper but nothing found.

I will keep an eye out for a special and give it a go. Thanks for the tips.

Regards,

Mick

Lou

Posted: 03:33am 07 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mick, sorry to hear of your long lock-downs that's a shame.  I am yet to wear a mask or do anything they say, but I carry my lawyer's card just in case. I'm a free man so far except for being ask to leave a few places without the face diaper.
I wish you well in your retirement, hope you beat up on a bunch of those little white balls and thanks for all the great products you've offered over the years.

Lou
Microcontrollers - the other white meat

PeteCotton

Guru

Posted: 07:40pm 15 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said  Hi All,

@PeteCotton,

I just checked on steam and Assassins creed is still quite pricey, $60AU for a nearly 7 year old game.

I tried Gog.com and indiegala which are usually cheaper but nothing found.

I will keep an eye out for a special and give it a go. Thanks for the tips.

Regards,

Mick

Well, that didn't take long. Steam has both Assassins Creed Black Flag and Syndicate on sale for 67% and 75% off (in Canada at least).

Cheers,

Pete

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 04:10am 17 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

Firstly,

@Lou,

I tend to be the other way to you, I am very careful as I am in the high(er) risk category and dont want to risk catching Covid, I will get my 3rd jab in January (Pfizer this time, Astra Zeneca last two). Take care mate.

@PeteCotton,

Yes I see it has dropped to $20AU here as well, I will look into it, Just finished playing "DIE YOUNG" was a freebie from IndiGala and was quite good.

@Anyone interested.

Here are the Project file and Gerbers for my IO-Panel (98mm x 74mm) 1.6mm thick.

The IO-Panel uses 4 x PCF8574 expander chips and offers 4 x 8bit IO ports driven via I2C (each port individually addressable)

All manuals and support documentation may be found >>> HERE <<<

IO Panel Gerbers.zip

IO Panel Project.zip

NOTE! I have no more stock of this board, If anyone in AUS buys any I am happy to buy a couple (or swap for other boards from my repertoire) off you.

Enjoy, Take Care all,

Kind Regards,

Mick
Edited 2021-12-17 14:11 by bigmik

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 04:38am 23 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

Continuing with my gradual release of many of my boards into the Public domain.

Here is what I believe to be the smallest PIC'170 based board in the world.

My   >>> NanoMite <<<

It comes in at a whopping 15mm x 15mm square, in fact you get 36 PCBs per 100mm square panel or 360 boards for 10 panels. I recommend getting them done on 0.8mm Fibre-glass board.

Here it is compared to an Australian 5c coin which is 19mm (3/4") Diameter.

To accompany this board I designed a >>> NanoMite Motherboard <<<  which is mainly for programming and testing the NanoMite. I recommend using 1.2mm Fibreglass for this one.

Full details can be found in the above links.

Kind Regards, And a very Merry Christmas to you all.

Mick
Edited 2021-12-23 14:40 by bigmik

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 11:46am 23 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Mick

I like the IO panel with all it's versatile applications, and it has the I2C interface for LC on it. Something you normally have to buy extra.

Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 12:02pm 23 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

Apologies to all, I forgot to add the gerbers and project file for the above boards, hopefully I will get time tomorrow to address that.

@Volhout,
I always liked its simplicity, it was designed for a member who paid for the development costs as the basis for a burglar alarm, along with my MuP-Security but really didn't take off and died a slow death, but is still a very useful board.

Regards,

Mick

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 04:50am 26 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

As mentioned here are the Gerbers and Project files (in DEXPCB format) for NanoMite and NanoMite Motherboard

Hope someone will find these useful.

NanoMite Gerbers.zip

NanoMite Project.zip

NanoMite Motherboard Gerbers.zip

NanoMite Motherboard Project.zip

Kind Regards,

Mick

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 05:02am 07 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

I hope you all had a safe and Happy New Year.

Here is the Release of my    >>> MuP-Security <<<    Board.

MuP-Security Project File.zip

MuP-Security Gerbers.zip

MuP-Security was sponsored and development paid for by a member of TBS but he allowed me to keep the rights to the design. I do not think he is a current Member but if he is, "Hi Dave".

MuP-Security was a plugin board to MuP-V2 and is designed to be the engine to a Burglar alarm system. It was planned that the IO-panel PCB would interface with it as the main display but of course any keypad entry could be used.

Unfortunately No software was ever provided so it never really kicked off. I did send off many freebies to people who wanted to have a go but no-one actually came back with any code.

In any case here are all of the files/documentation for the PCB (Suggest you use 1.6mm thick PCB).

I hope someone gets some use from this design and comes up with some code. My own house alarm is now coming up to 25 years old and I would like to replace it with something I can repair/swap out easilly.

Kind Regards,

Mick
Edited 2022-01-07 15:03 by bigmik

HardingJohn

Posted: 11:30am 07 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm only very new here but have been following the forum from the start.
I just wanted to thank bigmik who developed the basics of using an Ethernet board for TCP and UDP protocols. While I have moved onto a newer Ethernet chip, the fundamentals are still there in my code. I can now serve web pages, upgrade them to websockets, support IGMP broadcasting and most importantly allow TCP Modbus communication all on the maximize STM32H743.

It's a big thanks from me.

Just know enough to get me in trouble, but not quite enough to get me out.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 12:35pm 07 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi John,

Thank you for the kind words but I think you have me mixed up with someone else,
I struggle to develop a for-next loop let alone Ethernet protocols.

The good thing about this board is that there are many experts with many different skill sets and we are all ready to help.

Welcome to the board and hope you get what you need.

Take care

Regards,

Mick

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 12:30am 27 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

It has been a while since I last posted a design file to release to the PUBLIC DOMAIN.

The next items I am looking at, in no particular order, are:

MuP-TTL
MuP-Test
MuP-VT (Ver 2)
BackPack170
SMD BackPack170
Serial BackPack
MuP-Proto
BackPack64X (my second favourite board behind MuP3)
MuP-F4 to Eastrising

At this stage I am going to sit on MuP Ver 3, but eventually I will release its files too.

If anyone has a desire for one of the above please let me know.

All my files may be found >>> HERE <<<

Kind Regards,

Mick

lizby
Guru

Posted: 03:56pm 11 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey, Mick--thanks for all your work on 'mite stuff.

Are you releasing the gerbers for the 2x20 breadboard connector and the 2x20 sea-of-holes PCBs? I'm just now soldering up the last of the breadboard connectors that I have. Very useful.

Lance
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 11:40pm 11 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Lance,

I am happy to do that. It has been a while since I released some designs.

BTW I believe I already released them into to public domain when I first published them but I will do that again here.

I do still have stock of these boards (and indeed almost all of my designs) if anyone does want to buy just a few without going to the effort of ordering from a PCB house.

Stay tuned I hope to post them later today for you.

Regards,

Mick

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 07:30am 13 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Lance, All,

As requested here are the GERBERS for the CMM2 Breakout and Breadboard prototyping boards.

CMM2 Breadboard Adapter.zip

CMM2 Prototyping Board.zip

Here are the DEXPCB files I use to generate the GERBERS

CMM2-Breakout.zip

CMM2-Breadboard.zip

NOTE the Gerbers are laid out as single boards but you can use DEX (if registered) to create mini panels if you wish. I actually bought the Breadboard adapters as a layout mini panel of 9 (I think) PCBs with V-Grooving. I can lay them out and create gerbers for those if you wish.

Kind Regards,

Mick

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:45pm 13 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks, much, Mick--5 of the 2x20 breadboard adapters for $6.40US from JLCPCB works fine for me. I wouldn't quite know what to do with a panelized 9*5=45 of the handy little PCBs, even if for the same price.

Here's how I'm using the latest. Only needed some of the pins from one side of the pi-z-w. Breadboard is only partly populated. I'm now trying to clone an old stretch+MMBasic SD card for this pi.

~
Edited 2022-04-13 22:54 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Page 2 of 3    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024