Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:06 18 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : SPI help needed

Page 2 of 2    
lew247

Guru

Posted: 09:17am 25 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

robert.rozee said  
  Mixtel90 said  
(1) is this the board/module Lewis is dealing with:
https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Wio_RP2040_mini_Dev_Board-Onboard_Wifi/

YES

if so,
(2) we need the schematic for the module - this will document the connections between the RP2040 and ESP8285. this in itself is sufficient information to access and use the module. without knowing how the two chips are connected together, we can do nothing.

Not available anywhere

my GUESS is that an SPI connection is used to allow the RP2040 to load firmware into the ESP8285's flash. thereafter, the same pins are reconfigured as TTL serial (RxD, TxD), allowing normal communications of AT commands and any data to send/receive.

No
It seems the esp8285 is preprogrammed before insertion with the AT command set from the factory
It is only connected to the RP2040 via SPI the uart pins do not seem to be connected at all

Posted on the Seeedstudio forum is source code for the MicroPython firmaware for Wio RP2040 mini available?

It's not however the people on the forum say it seems to be this https://github.com/IsQianGe/rp2040-spi
Edited 2022-01-25 19:18 by lew247

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 04:29am 26 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mixtel90 said  It really is a hell of a lot easier to use COM ports and AT commands. You can just have a big RX buffer and hope. :)  Yes, I know parsing is a pain, but compared to SPI without documentation that's easy.

I hear that!  

I absolutely LOVE the serial port buffers, cos they can catch ANYTHING that arrives from the likes of an RF module, even if the main loop is busy, then as you go through the main loop, you look and see if anything is waiting in the buffer, and if there is, go and process it.

The buffers constitute a very effective serial message queue system that basically takes care of itself in the background.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024