Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:33 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Anemometer building time

Page 3 of 3    
Downwind

Guru

Posted: 11:57am 17 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hmmm bit hard to solder with the paper on there...Doh!
I stuck the paper to the bottom and had the lines project out from the disc so i had a line on the paper to align the spokes to when soldering.
This worked well as you will have more spoke off the disc than on the disc.

Karl,

Tits on a bull.....is that why we get bum steers??

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

kingw

Posted: 05:29pm 17 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh the paper on top is just for grinding the area around the spokes, it doesn't need to be exact but I'm having fun.

I think I'm going to make a large circle out some poster board we have lying around from a housemates failed toolbox liner project. That will guide the ends of the spokes to make sure everything is properly balanced.

I don't think a turbine is practical in my backyard, but we can always use this to tell us the data and maybe if we put our heads together we can get creative about something. I’d love to have one if it can work out.

-w
-kingw

kingw

Posted: 04:40am 18 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Okay, this is mach1 so be nice. It's ugly and ratty but it spins. For those of you with a fast internet connection there's a 5 mb video, but here's some pictures. It's just sitting on the top of a fence for now. There's no data reading. I'll probably add mounts to the main spindle put a cycling computer on it for fun. Then we can compare to the photo interrupter once they're both rolling.

-kingw

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 06:58am 18 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Its looking good....Nice job so far.

It must be youre side of the world but it spins backwards to mine

How are you going to support the photo interrupter.

What brand and model printer was the interrupter out of.

You will need to find a smaller egg or dome to go over the top of the disc with the spokes on it to keep water out of the bearing.

Pete.

Sometimes it just works

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024