Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:45 06 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : *** COMM *** Mick’s PCB offerings

Page 6 of 7    
WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 07:30am 04 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@lizby,

Is this the cause of your SD card issue in the other thread?
For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 03:17pm 04 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Lizby (Lance??),

I am so sorry to hear that, I will send a couple of replacements to you and a couple of MuP-Proto by means of an apology.

Unfortunately these things sometimes happen, especially with the cut price Chinese manufacturers.. I will check all of my MuP3 boards for this fault

Can you please confirm that your address is the same and I will have them off to you this weekend.

I have attached some screen captures.. If you can pinpoint where you think the fault may have been i can put a closer eye to that area. One is with ALL tracks visible the other has the Vcc highlighted to show where the Vcc line goes in that area.

Kind Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

lizby
Guru

Posted: 06:24am 05 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

WhiteWizzard said   @lizby,

Is this the cause of your SD card issue in the other thread?

No, that was a different MuP3, where I2C worked, and the Arduino-type 5V spi card module used different pins. The sd software worked to read the directory, but didn't to open a file. I'm awaiting the different modules which matherp said worked for him.

PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

lizby
Guru

Posted: 06:33am 05 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmic--no apology needed, and no need to send any other boards. All is working now.

The top two pins in the DAT column were not linked, and the top one was not linked to the jumper pad to the left and slightly below it (the jumper that links R4 to DAT).

If there are no other reports of this, it is possible it is an anomoly, and it's also possible that I did something with imperfect soldering skills.

PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

lizby
Guru

Posted: 06:34am 05 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmic--no apology needed, and no need to send any other boards. All is working now.

The top two pins in the DAT column were not linked, and the top one was not linked to the jumper pad to the left and slightly below it (the jumper that links R4 to DAT).

If there are no other reports of this, it is possible it is an anomoly, and it's also possible that I did something with imperfect soldering skills.

I like what these little boards can do--and the whole Micromite ecosystem.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 03:33pm 05 Feb 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Lizby,

No worries, the ones I checked here are all OK, it must have been a fault in the exposure process.

If you place another order sometime I will toss in a freeby or 3..

Kind Regards,

Mick

plover

Guru

Posted: 11:23am 26 Oct 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mick,
Bottom page 8 in this thread ->
https://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6992&KW=Shenzhen2u&PN=1&TPN=8

Here you have the "MuP-Proto" a board full of pads, how did you place these pads, been trying to place lots of pads, real pain unless doing a 'part' even the copy/paste blocks of pads is erratic on my machine.

The "MuP-Proto" link is dead [404] by the way,guess some webpage change.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 11:42pm 26 Oct 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Plover,

I dont want to have an extended discussion in this forum as it is my COMMERCIAL advertisment thread and I prefer to keep it that way. If you have other related questions please move them to the PCB manufacture forum of TBS.

Thanks for the link info.. Don has changed some things.. I reckon it must be due to those changes.. I will get them looked at as soon as I can.

But simply..

I cheated..

I used SIL headers for the pads and simply laid `LINES' down instead on tracks.

See my `so called' Schematic. I just bunched them all onto the sheet.. I didnt need a schematic for what I was doing.

Kind Regards,

Mick

Edited by bigmik 2018-10-28

plover

Guru

Posted: 03:11am 27 Oct 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks, now I understand. I have not missed something in DEX. Will try to remember about the thread.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 01:48am 08 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

A long time since I started this blatant commercial post..

I have taken my first leap away from the 28pin '170 and jumped straight onto the 64pin EXTREME chip. Using a PIC32MZ2048EFH064-250I.

Now I have received my first batch of boards and there are a few minor (most are very minor) issues so I have rectified these and am getting a new batch made up..

If anyone is interested I am offloading these first batch units for `more or less; cost plus a little to cover paypal fees.

There are 2 PCBs that I am offering

MuP64X
A 50mm x 50mm board that was designed to make developing a bit easier, I didn't like the commercial adapter boards and decided to do my OWN.

MuP64X is fairly minimal but has an onboard 3v3 power supply and is intended to be fed via a 5Vdc plugpack (centre Positive).  I have NOT built one of these up yet but I am fairly certain it will work OK..The reason I redid this board was simply the numbering on the pinout for the IO headers (I changed some to reflect their purpose ie 3v3, Gnd and Mclr etc). The XTAL oscillator is a very small 3225 size and requires a bit of skill to solder it properly.

I will be offering these pre release boards for $1ea plus postage plus Paypal fees.

BackPack-64X
A 100mm x 50mm, more or less fully optioned board, that I have successfully built up and been able to test most features.
It has besides EVERY IO pin accessible in its own right, a connection to a SSD1963 TFT touch screen, (i have mine on a 7" one.) a DS2321M (or DS2323M) High accuracy RTC, support for a winbond 8 pin SOP8 RAM chip (not tested as my chips have not yet arrived). PS2 keyboard and PS2 mouse, microSD card and onboard microbridge chip.

Here it is connected to my 7" TFT (please excuse the crude 6850 battery for the RTC as it was easier to connect at the time.. of course a CR2032 would work just fine.

I will be offering these for $2ea plus postage and a bit for paypal fees.

The issues I found with this version are as follows:

Reset switch
Pads are about 1mm too close but i had switches that fit. I lengthened the pads to suit a wider range of switches.

uSD socket...
The holes for the plastic location `tits' are slightly out of position, I rectified this.. The pads are are fine so just cut the plastic location tits off first.

Text (top side)
Text for odd pins 17-29 is misaligned by 1/2 hole (0.05")

Text (Bottom side)
The config text for SD card states 46,10  it should state 46,30
There is a text box with BackPack-64X that overlaps some of the other bottom text looks like a formatting issue.

Vbus
I sent Vbus to some shorting pads to 3v3, it should have gone to 5V

micro-USB
Pin 4 of micro-USB socket has a track shoting it to Gnd... doesnt affect anything but it wasnt intended to be there, you can leave it as is.

DC Power Jack
The Pads for the DC power Jack are actually created as elongated Octagons (bug in DEX) instead of rounded rectangles, as a consequence the copper pour is closer to the pads than i intended.. the ones i tested are still OK but you should chech yours before assembly. I fixed this in the new batch.

As a guide, I can send 50Gm in an envelope so the post plus a small bit to cover paypal commission is as follows:

AUSTRALIA  $1.50 plus the boards you need
NZ  $3 plus the boards you need
Any where else  $4 plus the boards you need

PM me if interested..
I have approx 30 MuP64X and 15 BackPack-64X

Kind Regards,

Mick

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 06:36pm 09 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bigmik,

Am I correct asuming the MuP64x board has no gnd pins and 3.3v pins in the io headers?

Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 03:45am 10 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Volhout,

No! That is NOT correct...

The reason I am offering these pre-release MuP64X is that the SILKSCREEN just shows the MZ PIN number..

I have decided to redo This PCB with pin numbering as you can see in the BackPack-64X PCB.

As I am doing a re-run on the BackPack-64X I decided that I may as well redo the MuP-64X.

As I have my Right arm in a sling (Due to a major shoulder operation) and it is also strapped across my chest I have not done the manuals yet.. I will do them but typing left-handed (when I am a righty) with one finger is tiresome...

There is nothing (that I can see) that is electrically wrong with MuP64X its just the silk screen.. The pins around the MZ chip are exact representations of the MZ pins themselves..

I hope that answers your questions...

I still have heaps of MuP-64X but I only have about 8 or 9  BackPack-64X left. There were more significant fixes to be done with BP64X but even those are not too bad. (See my list above) I am redoing them as I like to release a design as close to perfect as I can make them.

Kind Regards,

Mick

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 01:59am 17 Dec 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GDay All,

Today I am releasing the `official' BackPack-64X Version 1.2 PCB

I wont bombard with pictures as there is not much physically changed from the `pre-release' versions pictured in the thread above.

BackPack64-X is a 64pin MicrMite EXTREME product that can connect to the back of a 40pin Parallel interface SSD1963 based TFT with Touch screen display panel. Of course it does NOT need to plug into a panel it can run stand alone and those IO pins can be then used for other functions.

Features List for BackPack-64X:

PIC32MZ2048EFH064-250I/PT 252MHz Processor (also compatible with the PIC32MZ2048EFH064I/PT 200MHz chip)
Plugs directly to an SSD1963 based TFT with touch screen support
PS2 keyboard support
PS2 mouse support
USB keyboard support
MicroSD support
On-board micro-bridge PIC16F1454/5 for USB programming and flash updating of the MZ chip.
On-board DS3231/2 high accuracy RTC chip
On-board Winbond W25Qxxxx serial flash memory support
Convenient headers for SPI-1, Comm 1&2, Dual I2C connectors (in parallel), PWM-2 and indeed every CPU pin.