Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:26 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM+: Photorealistic gauges

Page 2 of 2    
Lightrock

Posted: 01:59am 09 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

WayEngineer has the 2.2" displays for USD6.

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 11:44am 09 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Bill7300 - Bill, They are 2.2" (i think) from the outer edges (diagonal) of the plastic housing that surrounds them... The LCD display circle area inside is 1.38"...
The pictures of them look exactly like the ones I have now...

@Lightrock - SWEET DADDY..!! Thanks for finding another outlet for them... Apparently, they are siting on 9993 units in stock.!! So, I will order 10 to see how this works out... If all good, I will order more of them.. I DO think more will be produced at the factory, and maybe the "China" prices will return to under $4.00.. We will see...

But, for now I need some extra units to get to the "pre-production" prototype run coming up next... I will build up the new "Rev-B" PCB's and see if all is OK with them and post the results... The Gerber's are posted above if anyone want's to join the party...

Thanks Gent's !

Bill7300

Posted: 01:34pm 09 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Zonker. Not the first time I have been fooled by advertising blurbs about sizes etc. Your original Aliexpress supplier did tell me that the factory had discontinued them but then I noticed they were still advertising them a few weeks later, after telling me they could no longer supply.

Let us know how you get on with WayEngineer. If all goes well I will certainly join the party.
Bill

paceman
Guru

Posted: 08:11pm 09 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Lightrock said   WayEngineer has the 2.2" displays for USD6.

Just had a look at the photo on that link. I notice that the 30x0.8mm pitch FPC connector is nearly as wide as the screen shown. That connector is 30x0.8 = 24mm wide so unless it's the wrong photo I'd say this is the same screen size as Zonker's link, i.e. 1.38".

Greg

steview_de

Posted: 08:03am 04 Dec 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@matherp ... it's amazing - especially for me, as a non expert beginer ;-)

Please allow me one, perhaps two questions.

First of all you wrote about the SSD1963 display and the "RD" pin.
I found in my shelf an 2.4" (which i need for my project) ILI9341 display - obviously - with a parallel interface. The connectors seem to be the same, like described in the PicoMite manual of the SSD1963 display.

Will it work, or where are the differences? Can i use it with PicoMite / MMBasic at all?

EDIT: I answer myself ;-) "No, with the LCD panel command "SSD1963_4" it is obviously NOT workin'"

Thanks in advance and kind regards
"Stevie"
Edited 2022-12-04 20:49 by steview_de

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024