Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:41 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : suncube again

Page 2 of 2    
greengoldenergy

Posted: 09:43pm 10 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gordon,

Why not stop by for a coffee? I'll give you a tour of our rooftop R&D facility.
All the best,
Green and Gold Energy Pty., Ltd
Greg Watson, CEO
7 Provident Avenue, Glynde, 5070
South Australia, Australia, +61 8 8365 5844
http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au

GWatPE

Posted: 11:27am 11 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Greg,

I came by for a coffee today, just after 3.00pm. Nice sunny afternoon in Adelaide. I knocked on the door as it was locked, but no one came. All the lights were off. There were no business hours displayed. I had expected to at least see a receptionist. I did come during normal business hours. I did have an invite, and no specific time was mentioned. For me this is an all day trip. If you have very specific business hours, you could have given me a specific time. This is not a good business look.

I am glad I did not make a special trip.

I did notice a change on the roof. I saw a blue plastic wrapped box and one unit was at a different angle. No units were tracking the sun at this time.

I will not read too much into a lack of attendance today.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

greengoldenergy

Posted: 10:03pm 11 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gordon,

I was unaware the front doors were not on automatic. I apologize for that. Our receptionist was off sick and thus the front doors were not unlocked. You could have called, as we were there. I'm in the upper floor east most office and my windows look out onto Provident Avenue. Phone (08) 8365 5844.

As for our rooftop R&D facility, we stowed the units as we were doing another modification as evident by the unit which you saw that was covered as it's lens assembly had been removed.

Gordon, if you call me first, I'll ensure you get to see the R&D facility in operation. I do again apologize for the doors being locked.

BTW we are not a retail shop and don't need to display opening hours.
All the best,
Greg Watson, CEO

petanque don

Posted: 12:05am 12 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Greg,

An economist would suggest the reason talk is cheap is because supply outstrips demand.

Whether a better run business would have a sign on the door “receptionist sick please use factory entrance” or “receptionist sick please phone (phone number) for attention” other people can decide.

After all a potential customer who could have been a potential opinion leader came to you business today and they were turned away.

Perhaps tours ect. should be by appointment after all I would imagine that like many managers you seem to fill in your day very easily and you can’t be available to everybody on the planet 24/7 every day of the year.

greengoldenergy

Posted: 12:22am 12 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Don,

Our door normally opens automatically (IR sensor) and we have a small ramp to be wheelchair friendly. When the door opens, it then triggers a door bell (receptionist there or not). The door opening is also picked up by our in-house motion sensitive video surveillance system, which also triggers a beep, so we are doubly notified that someone has arrived and we can see who they are. One of our staff members would have then arrived to greet the visitor. No signs needed. Just we forgot to unlock the door that morning. I have apologised to Gordon for that. Why make it any more complex?
All the best,
Greg Watson, CEO

GWatPE

Posted: 02:50am 12 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Don,

There were no lights on in the factory area or the display foya. The adjoining door was slightly open, so I was able to see into the factory. There was no activity there. I knocked quite hard, and the door sensor was trying to open the door. The factory outside access doors were shut.

The invitation by Greg, was quite informal. I don't get to the city in a scheduled manner. I have an adhoc schedule most times I get to town. I will try another time in the morning.

Gordon.
Edited by GWatPE 2008-09-13
become more energy aware

GWatPE

Posted: 10:13am 19 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi don,

I fronted greengoldenergy this morning for a coffee. Greg was unable to see me. He was apparently in a meeting. I was asked to come back in an hour or so. I am pretty tollerant, but unfortunately my schedule could not stretch this far. I did get to look at some units in the foya. The Emcore modules look a bit vulnerable. I see no way the enclosure could be totally sealed. I see life expectancy as an issue. Straight line seals and heating/cooling cycles are not a good mix. The volume of the enclosure would create significant pressure changes with temperature changes. These modules are expected to survive 20+ years I presume. A guided tour could have answered a myriad of questions I have, that I am sure others would like to hear answers to.

There were units on the roof, that were in a different position to where I had seen them before. I had hoped to see working units. There was no offer for someone else to show me working units on the roof. I saw a receptionist and another guy. He had to return to the meeting. I saw no other staff.

I can't see a trip to town for a while. Bad luck again I suppose.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

greengoldenergy

Posted: 10:32pm 19 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gordon,

We were in a meeting with Tom Kenyon, an SA MP. Had you rang up before, I would have arranged a time with was good for both of us. My mobile is 0408 843 089. We are very busy Gordon as we are involved in an extensive patenting process, which when finished will see the SunCube engineering data set released to our worldwide licenses.

The SunCube enclosure is sealed against rain, dust, pollen, etc and is vented against pressure changes.

The Emcore CPV receiver module we have designed in, is totally conformal coated. It will actually operate under water.
All the best,
Greg Watson, CEO

Dinges

Posted: 10:53pm 19 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

greengoldenergy said  we are involved in an extensive patenting process, which when finished will see the SunCube engineering data set released to our worldwide licenses.

Patents require full disclosure of all relevant information; all that information is then made publicly available to everyone, not just your 'licensees'.

greengoldenergy

Posted: 11:22pm 19 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dinges,

Do you understand what a provisional patent is? It gives you a worldwide priority date, securing your IP, while not requiring you to publicly disclose the details of the IP for 12 months. Then issuing the full patents takes another 6 months. This way any company can get worldwide priority, IP protection and not need to publicly disclose their IP for 18 months. Patents are good, but the early public IP disclosure is not.
All the best,
Greg Watson, CEO

Dinges

Posted: 12:31am 20 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

greengoldenergy said  Do you understand what a provisional patent is?

My apologies, I'm not very smart and know only very little of business economics, mechanical engineering and patents. But I don't recall you mentioning a 'provisional patent' in your previous reply. A provisional patent is a far cry from a patent.

The little I know of it says that applying for a provisional patent gives you the right to legally claim 'patent pending'. No more, no less, until you've filed for and attained a full (non-provisional) patent. But, I'm no patent attorney. And not even very bright either.

Quote   while not requiring you to publicly disclose the details of the IP for 12 months.

Interesting statement you made there.

Quote  Then issuing the full patents takes another 6 months. This way any company can get worldwide priority, IP protection and not need to publicly disclose their IP for 18 months.

I'm a bit shocked/surprized that you're not convinced enough of the invention to start applying for a non-provisional patent. If it were my invention I don't think I'd want to waste any precious time.

Quote  Patents are good, but the early public IP disclosure is not.

I state again, in case you misunderstood: you want a patent, you provide full disclosure. Not to your licensees but to the public at large. You can try to postpone public disclosure - but you cannot circumvent it, not if you want that (non-provisional) patent.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:47am 20 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This forum thread is starting to stress me out.

Please keep it nice, so far its ok but I can see things going bad again.

Greg is taking a lot from you guys, but he still keeps coming back for more and is doing his best to answer your questions. Give him a chance, I know what its like to work with a fleging company developing a new product, its very draining of resources. Delays in materials, parts that dont fit, or a sick receptionist can all play a part.

But he's here, talking to us.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

greengoldenergy

Posted: 01:10am 20 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dinges,

We are following the IP protection advise from our patent attorney.

This process is about providing the maximum protection for our IP against other copying it. Part of that process is going provisionals first and then after 12 months doing the full patent. We are sure LOTS of folks would like to get immediate access to the SunCube secrets to assist their own developments. Well they will need to wait 18 months to do that. In the meantime the SunCube goes into the market with it's IP protected via non disclosure.

This process is that which any patent attorney would advise. It is not about confidence, it is about protection.

Oh by the way, patents only give protection to you IP if you have the time and money to sue those who transgress your patents.

The process we have described above is the pathway to follow if you want the MAX protection for the first 18 months of a products life.

Sure we could go directly into patents but then loose 12 additional months of non disclosure protection.

Is it you are suggesting we should lift our skirts above our heads, show the world everything we have, expect everybody to act very nice and that no will try to take advantage of what they have learned for free?

Well that is not going to happen. We will follow our patent attorneys advise and put into place the best IP protection program we can.

We are sorry if that upsets you.
All the best,
Greg Watson, CEO

Dinges

Posted: 01:19am 20 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

greengoldenergy said  We are sorry if that upsets you.

No worries Greg, I'm not upset (and neither are you sorry). I've got other things to worry about at the moment.

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 08:22am 26 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Greg
Just make me wondering about your patent Greg as l did patent farm fence cap few years ago that cost me alot of $$$$$ just for one small item however sometime ago you did sold some of your suncubes to your several unhappy customers and also show your suncube on TV ABC inventer on all state of Australia maybe overseas but l might be wrong Now all thing has change but suncube is still there and l can'nt understand any patent attorney would advise but we aready seen it before however i am just abit curiosity about your patent. Greg can you explain? Anyway how much more time before is avivaible to puplic and hopfully will sort things out and good luck to you Greg

Dwyer the Bushman

greengoldenergy

Posted: 12:11am 27 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dwyer,

We have never sold a SunCube or SunBall to anybody. Where did you get that from?

The SunCube model / version we are patenting has never been seen by anybody outside our NDA. There are at least 12 major patents and more minor ones.

When the patenting process is complete, we will release the final SunCube engineering data set to our licenses, they will then start manufacturing and selling them.
All the best,
Greg Watson, CEO

Guests

Posted: 04:49am 06 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Still waiting for Gordon to drop by and tell us what he found.
Would any other Adelaide locals care to drop by and see if the suncubes are pointing in the right direction?

greengoldenergy

Posted: 05:11am 06 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Keith Leech,

Another new identity I see.

All the best,
Greg Watson, CEO

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:46am 06 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No more discussion about the Suncube on my forum please. Any future posts will be deleted unless it is to say the Suncubes have started production and are available for pickup.

Thats it, no more, its not in the nature of this forum for this sort of discussion to continue and I'm sick of stressing about it. Wish the best to Green and Gold.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024