Home  |  Contents 

Windmills
  Forum Index : Windmills         Section
Subject Topic: * years is a good run for Oergon Blades Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Bryan1
Guru
Guru
Avatar

Joined: 22 February 2006
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 826
Posted: 29 November 2017 at 8:08pm | IP Logged Quote Bryan1

G'day Guy's,
I went upto the Clare Valley today and when I got home I looked up the hill only to find my 2hp motor conversion was missing a blade and the 2 remaining were spinning with the tower doing the twist in tune.

so Duly got the tower down to find the bolts were still in where the blade was so looks like wood rot was the cause.

Tomorrow I'll go for a walk and see if I can find the blade with the knowledge with the last blade failure one was found 500 metres away.

Cheers Bryan


Back to Top View Bryan1's Profile Search for other posts by Bryan1
 
Gizmo
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Administrator

Joined: 05 June 2004
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4549
Posted: 30 November 2017 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote Gizmo

Furthest I found a blade once was 200 meters away, upwind!

Glenn

__________________
"If it dont fit, use a bigger hammer."

The Back Shed
JAQ Software
Back to Top View Gizmo's Profile Search for other posts by Gizmo Visit Gizmo's Homepage
 
Bryan1
Guru
Guru
Avatar

Joined: 22 February 2006
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 826
Posted: 24 March 2018 at 5:59pm | IP Logged Quote Bryan1

G'day Guy's,

Well I did have a 2 metre blade set I had made years ago and as I'm going to rewire the 2hp motor conversion and cram as much 1mm in the slots as I can and I have to make a new 3 metre blade set for it.

So decided to put up a F&P wind genny in the mean time using those 2 metre blades.I do have a few F&P stators here and I did get a bunch off a member too. So found one that had been reworked for a lower voltage so used that one.

That was last weekend and all week haven't seen the blades move and when I got home from work today it was spinning away so rime to hook up the Fluke Scope meter and see what the AC volts are on a phase. With the blades doing around 300 rpm all I saw was about 8 volts AC.

As it has been years since I played with the F&P I tried to think back of when I was testing the caps in series and finally found that stator, a 100 series unmodified and wired up in delta. So cleaned up the poles with a 12" half round file and as the poles are already twisted and filed so the poles wont cog.

So basically this setup is the same one where where I was getting 7 amps and when I put the caps in series the current went upto 11 amps. Well a member did see this happen and the rest is history.

Of course since I brought down the tower and raised it again the wind has stopped but with rain predicted tomorrow along with high winds and being a Sunday it going to be fun playing with caps like I did so many years ago.

Cheers Bryan
Back to Top View Bryan1's Profile Search for other posts by Bryan1
 


If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

  Search the forums using Google.
In the news...
 
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Powered by Web Wiz Forums version 7.8
Copyright ©2001-2004 Web Wiz Guide

This page was generated in 0.1094 seconds.
Privacy Policy     Process times : 0.02, 0, 0, 0.09