Guru
Guru

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 May 2018 at 6:14pm | IP Logged Quote bigmik

CaptainBoing wrote:
well done boys and lady!

Fantastic effort.

Is Grogster the lady?

I did go out once with a lady I could have called grogster. An interesting time..

Mik

Back to Top View bigmik's Profile Search for other posts by bigmik

CaptainBoing
Guru
Guru

Posted: 27 May 2018 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote CaptainBoing

Oh! - That was you!?? Didn't recognise you from your avatar

Listen, don't knock dressing up in heels and a sleek LBD to hang out down by the docks... we've all done it. (! Oh what have I said?!)

actually the lady reference was Boppa's mate's mum (sorry for any confusion Grogs )

Edited by CaptainBoing on 27 May 2018 at 6:24pm
Back to Top View CaptainBoing's Profile Search for other posts by CaptainBoing

Boppa
Guru
Guru

Posted: 27 May 2018 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote Boppa

LOL
Still havent gotten around to the pics yet, I will make it a priority, real life intruded between work and going out today.
Hui Yin is a real lady, we had tea together in her original from China teaset she brought over in the 1950's, and it was old then, I was almost too scared to pick up the cup, they are so beautiful. Her son was born in Australia, and he's my age, so she is quite elderly obviously, and being in her house was a step back n time to my own grans house, she still has a working stereogram, and a huge chinese record collection, very little 'modern' tech of any kind apart from the tv,so although she could read the website, very little made any sense to her, so it was a real collaborative effort to do the chinese to english translations as many words do not translate directly
Back to Top View Boppa's Profile Search for other posts by Boppa

Grogster
Guru
Guru

Posted: 28 May 2018 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote Grogster

....and you did a fine job, Boppa.

I did look around on the hc01 website initially, but as it was all in Chinese, and Google Translate did not like the images with the Chinese in them(fair enough), I was kinda stuck. I was also looking for an email address, but I could not even find them!

@ Mick - I'm a man. Women in our trade are hunted to extinction! (IE: They are very sought after by us men, and are snapped up very quickly as there are not THAT many women in the electronics trade. At least over here! ) I got my 'Grogster' nom-de-plume from my High-School days. I had just found out what beer was, and.....I liked it. Enough said. Was YOUR grogster into the booze to? I guess that is what you were hinting at. I don't really drink that much anymore - perhaps a couple of beers while I watch the news at night, or if a mate comes around, but that's about it. I often toy with the idea of giving up completely.

bigmik
Guru
Guru

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:36am | IP Logged Quote bigmik

Boppa wrote:
LOL

Hui Yin is a real lady,

Of course.. So Sorry Hui Yin, and thank you for coming to our assistance.

Also Sorry Grogster, I didnít mean to demean your manhood..
Anyone who wrestles sheep in the mud and rain 8 days a week and 25 hrs a day cant be called girlie...

Mick

Back to Top View bigmik's Profile Search for other posts by bigmik

Grogster
Guru
Guru

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote Grogster

You didn't. It was all in good fun. The good thing about Aussies and Kiwi's is that we can poke a bit of fun at each other, and neither one takes offence - unlike most of the rest of the world these days if something off-script is said by anyone.

EDIT: On another note, I have paid for an order of 50 HC12's from hc01's contact. DHL shipping, so should be here soon, then I can put them up on the website. I don't really expect these to sell in big numbers, as many people will get on fine with the clones so long as they don't mix them with the genuine ones in a bigger network. But they will be on offer anyway, and now we have made contact with hc01, I can always order another 50 if they do sell.

Edited by Grogster on 29 May 2018 at 8:45am

Boppa
Guru
Guru

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote Boppa

bigmik wrote:
Boppa wrote:
LOL

Hui Yin is a real lady,

Of course.. So Sorry Hui Yin, and thank you for coming to our assistance.

Also Sorry Grogster, I didnít mean to demean your manhood..
Anyone who wrestles sheep in the mud and rain 8 days a week and 25 hrs a day cant be called girlie...

Mick

No offence taken here either

I meant a real lady in the old fashioned sense of the word, very dignified, as I mentioned we had tea together on first meeting (I'm a coffee person myself, but I believe it is traditional custum) and there are a few rules to be followed during this time!!!! The cups are very small (only a couple of mouthfuls really) but are incredibly thin and delicate looking, beautifully decorated, yet the pot itself is totally unglazed with no decorations, such a stark contrast to the cups. It is considered impolite to not talk during this time, in effect talking about yourself, being quiet while drinking is rude! and you sip slowly, not just gulp it down in a couple of swallows LOL
I got the basics from her son before meeting her, she wouldnt expect me to know 'the rules' but it is considered polite to do what is expected in someone elses home, and I was asking a favour of her after all, we had quite an interesting chat about the China she knew from when she left and the changes she has seen in it, it was a fascinating meeting and I enjoyed every minute of it

Grogster
Guru
Guru

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote Grogster

If it is not too bold of me, and everyone please pardon my presumptuousness if it is, but please do thank her for her help on behalf of the forums next time you are talking to her.

Her and your efforts are greatly appreciated, or we would still be scratching our heads trying to work out how we can get access to the genuine ones.

CaptainBoing
Guru
Guru

Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:04pm | IP Logged Quote CaptainBoing

+1
Back to Top View CaptainBoing's Profile Search for other posts by CaptainBoing

Grogster
Guru
Guru

Posted: 09 June 2018 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote Grogster

GENUINE HC12's are now available from my website for anyone who wants them. US$5 each including little helical antenna. This is a buck or so more then eBay or AliExpress, but I guarantee they are the genuine article for anyone wanting to be sure they purchase the correct ones.

Genuine HC12 modules.

MicroBlocks
Guru
Guru

Posted: 12 June 2018 at 12:30am | IP Logged Quote MicroBlocks

@Grog,

I received a few of them today from the ebay seller you mentioned in the 1st post.

Looking at them, I would say that they are indeed the real ones.

I am planning to use them inside an enclosure and was wondering if you have experience with different orientations of the antenna and the difference in transmission/receiving distances.

In my case I would like to keep the antenna within the enclosure (plastic).

I plan to use header pins to connect the module to a pcb and mount the antenna in the same plane as the module. This will mean that the pcb that the module is mounted on will be under the module and antenna.

As I never played with these modules before any experience would be very helpful.

Boppa
Guru
Guru

Posted: 12 June 2018 at 2:07am | IP Logged Quote Boppa

whips should always be vertical, as they radiate in a donut pattern (unless its a 1/4 wave in which case its a sphere) so if you have it horizontal you will get good range at 90 deg to its length, and practically zero off the ends

We used this feature to foxhunt CB radios, by turning in a circle with a horizontal whip, you could get a rough idea of direction by watching the signal strength meter

eta I still havent gotten to those pics Grogster, the compy I have all that stuff on is a couple of hundred km away atm until I get home again

Edited by Boppa on 12 June 2018 at 2:08am

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
In the news...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version