Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects         Section
Subject Topic: Armmite - STM32H7: Nucleo 144 backpack Post ReplyPost New Topic
<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TrevorH

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 31 August 2018 at 12:43am | IP Logged Quote TrevorH

Peter can I put my name down for one of your new Backpack boards? If so please PM the price etc.

Can I ask you where you get your audio out socket and USB socket as I have been unable to source either?

Since we are in the early stages of the Nucleo board development and CFunctions are probably along way off, would it be possible to access the SSD1963 core routines from within MMbasic?

Trevor.

Back to Top View TrevorH's Profile Search for other posts by TrevorH

matherp
Guru
Guru

Posted: 31 August 2018 at 3:26am | IP Logged Quote matherp

Quote:
Peter can I put my name down for one of your new Backpack boards? If so please PM the price etc.

Will do, once received and tested.

Quote:
Can I ask you where you get your audio out socket and USB socket as I have been unable to source either?

RS and Farnell respectively.

Quote:
Since we are in the early stages of the Nucleo board development and CFunctions are probably along way off,

CFunctions work OK, the only issue is setting up a development environment to create them and then convert the output to the Basic statements

Quote:
would it be possible to access the SSD1963 core routines from within MMbasic?

Not practical - there is a fixed limit on the number of Commands and Functions that MMBasic can support (128 of each)

Edited by matherp on 31 August 2018 at 5:34pm
Back to Top View matherp's Profile Search for other posts by matherp

astro1

Posted: 31 August 2018 at 8:30pm | IP Logged Quote astro1

I have 6 of the version 1.2 boards. If you want one, let me know.
There was a mix up at pcbgogo, got more than l’ll ever could use. :’)
Back to Top View astro1's Profile Search for other posts by astro1

panky
Guru
Guru

Posted: 03 September 2018 at 8:50pm | IP Logged Quote panky

Just a couple of notes on building the backpack:-

- make sure you mount the micro USB before the adjacent capacitors as it is impossible to get at the USB pins with the caps in place (yes, I DID put the capacitors in first and, YES, I did have to take them off to mount the USB connector - 😢😢)

- if you want to use a pi 4" ILI9481 lcd that Peter has included drivers for, with this v1.2 board, you will need to make an adaptor - I did one from veroboard and can provide the connections if anyone wants (it's wortwhile - it's a nice display and not a bad price)

- watch you soldering on the Nucleo CN11 and 12 connectors - I found the solder didn't run in properly on a couple of pins.

Other than that, my system is up and alive - just waiting on a camera and time to test the other interface modules.

Thanks Peter, great design!

Doug.

matherp
Guru
Guru

Posted: 16 September 2018 at 4:36am | IP Logged Quote matherp

Here are the latest version of the backpack gerbers

2018-09-16_042411_stm32h7V1.3.zip

This version allows a 5" SSD1963 display to be mounted with supports. It also includes a Pi compatible header supporting any of the Pi "HATS", an IR receiver, and optional pullups on 8 of the I/O pins for things like DS18B20 as well as the V1.2 connections (ESP8266, OV7670 camera, SSD1963, ILI9341, 4*Com, 3*SPI, I2C, SDcard, Battery for RTC, Audio jack).

In addition it includes a console port and an optional 8MHz oscillator allowing the Nucleo to be used with the STlink removed if required.

The version pictured has a silkscreen error (touch connections for the Pi header should be 112,56 ), also the spacing of the 3.3V pins under COM4 should be 0.1" under the ground pins but are actually 0.125" but the gerbers are correct.

Edited by matherp on 16 September 2018 at 4:43am

geeken

Posted: 17 September 2018 at 3:30am | IP Logged Quote geeken

matherp wrote:
[QUOTE]Peter can I put my name down for one of your new Backpack boards? If so please PM the price etc.

Will do, once received and tested.

Hi All

Elephant-in-the-room type question ;

Is anybody planning to consider looking at producing the Armmite backpack, in various stages of assembly, with screens fitted perhaps ?

I would buy a small quantity of those annually, as Projects come & go.

If no-one volunteers, I may have to start considering building & selling these boards myself !

Peter : Whats your take on folks producing your board in the assembled / tested state, for sale to TBS members ?

:=
Back to Top View geeken's Profile Search for other posts by geeken

WhiteWizzard
Guru
Guru

Posted: 17 September 2018 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote WhiteWizzard

@geeken

I will be selling these in various forms once I have had a play with this latest BackPack. I will also attempt to get a handful of the Nucleo units too for people that find they're in short supply.

I do have a limited cashflow for 'new stuff' bearing in mind there arelots of components/modules/PCBs to purchase for all the current micromite PCB designs.

I will be placing another PCB order in about 2 to 3 weeks time and will include the latest STM BackPack in that order.

WW

Direct Email: WhiteWizzard@MicroMite.org
Back to Top View WhiteWizzard's Profile Search for other posts by WhiteWizzard Visit WhiteWizzard's Homepage

geeken

Posted: 18 September 2018 at 4:01am | IP Logged Quote geeken

WhiteWizzard wrote:
@geeken

I will be selling these in various forms once I have had a play with this latest BackPack. I will also attempt to get a handful of the Nucleo units too for people that find they're in short supply.

WW

geeken

Posted: 18 September 2018 at 4:11am | IP Logged Quote geeken

Hi WW

Will contact by email - interested in obtaining these v1.3 or later boards from you.

Keen to see how reliable the STM23H7 is compared to Microchip, Freescale, Atmel etc, etc. If so, and @ 40 nm, this chip should become super useful.

(I see there is a $7 version of the chip now available with less memory & low errata - the STM32H750).

geeken

matherp
Guru
Guru

Posted: 18 September 2018 at 6:14pm | IP Logged Quote matherp

Quote:
I see there is a $7 version of the chip now available with less memory & low errata - the STM32H750

Quote:
The STM32H750 Value line offers the performance of the Arm® Cortex®-M7 core (with double-precision floating point unit) running up to 400 MHz at an affordable price point by trimming embedded Flash to the essential.

Actually trimming it to the point that it would be completely impossible to fit MMBasic - pity

goc30

Posted: 18 September 2018 at 8:40pm | IP Logged Quote goc30

Hi peter

On your backpack, SSD connector, pin35 (top of LEDA) is connected with 5v power but on SSD it is marked "nc"

Did I make same thing??
Back to Top View goc30's Profile Search for other posts by goc30

matherp
Guru
Guru

Posted: 18 September 2018 at 10:38pm | IP Logged Quote matherp

Quote:
On your backpack, SSD connector, pin35 (top of LEDA) is connected with 5v power but on SSD it is marked "nc"

This is required for 7" TFT. It doesn't cause an issue for smaller ones

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
In the news...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version