Microcontroller and PC projects
  Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects         Section
Subject Topic: Building library part for E28-Explore Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
plover

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 August 2018 at 12:28am | IP Logged Quote plover

I am building a library part in DEX for the E28-Explore, due to my poor memory I am adding a fair bit of information into the schematic symbol. The info is from a picture here in TBS but the quality is a bit unclear.

https://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10462&PN=1&TPN=1

Does anybody know where the original picture comes from? I would like a sharper picture for my part

Back to Top View plover's Profile Search for other posts by plover

Chopperp
Guru
Guru

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 12:37am | IP Logged Quote Chopperp

Found this. May help.
Try Here

Edited by Chopperp on 10 August 2018 at 12:38am

plover

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote plover

Chopperp
Thank you very much. You are spot on. Though I almost missed out, I thought the post was the same as I had already found but of course it was one of the posts I did not find.

A second glans scrolling down and I spotted the pdf attachment, the print out from pdf file is much clearer which will be helpful when scaling it down.

Chopperp
Guru
Guru

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote Chopperp

Glad to help at such a late hour last night

CircuitGizmos
Guru
Guru

Posted: 11 August 2018 at 1:41am | IP Logged Quote CircuitGizmos

I can get it to you as a jpg or gif if that helps.

Edited by CircuitGizmos on 11 August 2018 at 1:42am

plover

Posted: 18 October 2018 at 10:30pm | IP Logged Quote plover

As my brain got a bit frazzled loosing a sim card inside the phone, just before I take the Dremel cutter to the phone I decided to relax with something completely different.

I have a couple of E28 mites here, next to the pc with cable attached. Since this is my ECAD pc running Win 7 Pro I have installed MMEdit, downloaded a few weeks, hmmm perhaps several weeks ago and at the time I made a very quick check, and yes MME connected fine, when I found out what com port it needed.

The E28 has a .bas program on board and it ran fine. I play around with the program a bit and then returned to other tasks again.

Reading a post today about something about moving from the monitor to the Editor and using win 7 pro, I did not remember that problem. I made a quick check but the E28 no longer runs.

Dim ok(28)
For I = 1 To 28
  On error skip
  SetPin I, DOUT
  ok(I) = (MM.Errno=0)
Next I

Do
  For I = 1 To 28
    If ok(I) Then
      Print I;
      Pin(I) = 1
      Pause 500
      Pin(I) = 0
    End If
  Next I
  Print
Loop

My method of trouble shooting is just to "Download and Run current code"

The "Upload Progress" gets real busy, ending with

Clearing...
Micromite_MK2_V5.1 Version V0.0 detected
Error talking to maximite

The 'maximite' I am not sure if that is important?

Connected on com1:38400

When I run linux I seem to remember I would jump onto a terminal but I have not tried the usual terminals I had, but of curiosity I have downloaded the SAGT3K Micromite Console v 0.935. I found this would let me find the com port.

Ahh, I think I have just found something, I was going to say the Console seems to have connected on com1 at 38,400 but I am very unfamiliar with this terminal so if it does not work I am struggling. What I just found was it seems to have connected on com1 but the cursor just blinks (don't know what that means).

Something from the ehter whispered in my ear why do you not try to connect to com4, that is when I see the ">blink" in the window. So when I then send the RUN command the above program does run.

Errrhh, does the program set all digital outputs possible?

Well I must have got the MMEdit "connected" wrongly, I will go back and try and connect via com4.

By the way, I ran the 'list' command and got following in the window

> list                                                                          
Dim ok(28)                                                                      
For I = 1 To 28                                                                 
  On error skip                                                                 
  SetPin I, DOUT                                                                
  ok(I) = (MM.Errno=0)                                                          
Next I                                                                          

Do                                                                              
  For I = 1 To 28                                                               
    If ok(I) Then                                                               
      Print I;                                                                  
      Pin(I) = 1                                                                
      Pause 500                                                                 
      Pin(I) = 0                                                                
    End If                                                                      
  Next I                                                                        
  Print                                                                         
Loop                                                                            
>  

As expected, I did ctl-c which after highlighting desired lines, allowed me to copy and paste to forum the above code snippet. I accidentally out of habit did a right click in the terminal window to do the copy. That set the cat amongst the pidgeons and I took cover just in case . Lots of lines started rolling down the screen, looked like the copied characters were being fed back into the screen??

Ok, time to check out MMEdit again using com4. This time it worked again so it was just the wrong com port, that was a relief.

Is there best way to connect to the mites via MME? I certainly have forgotten, I do remember it can be done the "Connect" Tab but also that I had some fun when working in Linux.

Edited by plover on 18 October 2018 at 10:35pm

TassyJim
Guru
Guru

Posted: 19 October 2018 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote TassyJim

MMEdit can remember the COM port you use.
In preferences, if you select "Save config in BAS", the version of MMBasic and the COM port are saved as comments at the start of your BAS file.
This is handy if you have multiple device that use different port numbers. It saves you remembering which one goes where. It is not so useful if your Windows uses different port numbers all the time.
For MMEdit to work best, you need to tell it which version of MMBasic your device is using. I gave up trying to do that automatically.

If you choose to select your com ports manually, MMEdit remembers the last 10 connections so your device is likely to be in the list.
If not, select "new" and find the port.
"Find" will test all ports to see if they exist. This takes time and will list things that are not 'mites as well.
If you have a port such as COM1 on your PC and it never has a 'mite connected, you can add that port to the "excluded serial ports" list. This is not essential, just saves time.

Jim

Back to Top View TassyJim's Profile Search for other posts by TassyJim Visit TassyJim's Homepage

plover

Posted: 19 October 2018 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote plover

Thanks for information, that stirred my memories and I hopefully will remember to find this topic when I forget it again. My memory seems very short lived these days if I do not constantly work with a topic.

I believe that I managed to test for panky's problem when moving from chat/edit window and back to MME window. I did get stuck using the ASCII terminal not sure what was going on there at all.

But moving from Chat/Edit/VT to MME I did not seem to have any problem wit 'extras'. I do need to use two clicks to see the blinking caret (window active again).

I am not sure if I even used to be aware of that, as it does not seem to attract any undue attention until extra spaces or characters start popping up.

Edited by plover on 19 October 2018 at 10:12pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Search the forums using Google.
In the news...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version