Home  |  Contents 

Microcontroller and PC projects
  Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects         Section
Subject Topic: Why does not Maximate have the coloured e Post ReplyPost New Topic
<< Prev Page of 2
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
fifan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 February 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged Quote fifan

This revision requires a presence external memory. Is not it included in conception of Maximite?

Edited by fifan on 10 February 2012 at 12:38am

Back to Top View fifan's Profile Search for other posts by fifan

CircuitGizmos
Guru
Guru

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote CircuitGizmos

fifan: The Maximite is obviously not going to suit your needs. It isn't what you want.

You might want to look for the SolderCore.

http://soldercore.com

- - - - -

The SolderCore is an embedded development platform in the Arduino form factor based upon a modern, peripheral-rich, 32-bit micro controller. Used in its naked form it is a compelling product to develop on. When used in conjunction with CoreBASIC you a have fun, easy, web-enabled platform that will have your application up and running within minutes.

In addition to the standard Arduino interfaces the SolderCore provides USB OTG (micro AB) and 10 or 100mbps Ethernet (RJ45). SolderCore adds new peripheral support to the Arduino platform including I2S, CAN and a second I2C port. Furthermore the board also supports a number of storage devices including microSD and FRAM. SolderCore is compatible with existing Arduino Shields and the hardware will be open source under a Creative Commons Non-Commercial licence.

The SolderCore has been designed to appeal to a wide audience. For those who are familiar with C and ARM assembly, the SolderCore can be programmed using the tool of their choice. This provides the most flexibility but at the highest complexity.Enthusiasts familiar with Arduino environment can utilise the Wiring API which is integrated in Rowley Associates CrossWorks IDE. The added advantage here, is that for the first time, Arduino users will be able to step through code and rapidly debug applications in a rich and easy-to-use IDE. The third option for programming SolderCore is to use CoreBASIC in a brand new development environment. CoreBASIC leverages the power of the 32-bit processor using high-level commands that makes programming accessible and fun.

Hardware Features
Arduino Form Factor
Based upon a 100 MHz Cortex-M3
With 256KB or 512KB Flash, 96KB contiguous RAM
Built in Ethernet support with an on-board RJ45 connector.
USB OTG support with an on board microAB connector.
On board microSD holder.
Support for additional Flash and FRAM devices.
CAN, I2S, 2xI2C, UART, PWM, ADC, SPI and QEI supported
On board standard 10 way SWD JTAG header.
Power can be supplied via USB or the barrel jack (6V 9V DC).
Supports CoreBASIC for fast and fun code development.

Software Features
High level BASIC language designed for ease of use.
Lighning fast, based upon CoreOS and highly optimised TCP/IP, FAT and USB software stacks.
Support for over 50 plug in shields, from third party vendors.
Complete self contained development enviroment accessed using FTP or web browser.
Simple upate feature so you have access to the latest revision.
Rich set of math functions:
​Complex Numbers.
Trigonometry, Hyperbolic and logarithmic funtions.
Matrices.
Quaternions.
Network suport (SMTP, HTTP, FTP, DNS plus more).
Mass storage support.

fifan

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 1:34am | IP Logged Quote fifan

I understood. But in our country devices are small widespread on a base Arduino. Very it is sorry me.

Olimex

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 2:17am | IP Logged Quote Olimex

CG: Correct me if I'm wrong but SolderCore is on prototype stage since about year and never produced and sold in volume

fifan U10 looks really nice, but what all retro computers missed at it's time was GPIOs which you can use to interface to embedded products, this is what I mostly like in MM/DM

Tell me how do you make SPI or I2C or 1-wire device interfacing in U10/ZX80 Spectrum

Can you use your U10 for anything embedded? for instance to measure temperature and switch relays?

Back to Top View Olimex's Profile Search for other posts by Olimex

fifan

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 2:52am | IP Logged Quote fifan

Olimex wrote:
to interface to embedded products

Olimex wrote:
MM/DM

Excuse me, I did not understand these terms.

Olimex wrote:
Tell me how do you make SPI or I2C or 1-wire device interfacing in U10/ZX80 Spectrum

U10 and his development of U9/U8 are developing projects. SPI Flash ROM was intended for the recording/reading of ROM, but from small speed application of him as ROM became impossible. As memory of the programs SD is used map or internal memory of FPGA.
The bus of I2C is used in a clock/calendar.

Olimex wrote:
Can you use your U10 for anything embedded? for instance to measure temperature and switch relays?

All of it maybe, but while nobody of authors of different configurations this did not engage in.

Edited by fifan on 10 February 2012 at 2:55am

Olimex

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 3:02am | IP Logged Quote Olimex

MM/DM = MaxiMite/DuinoMite

this is what I mean - when you emulate toy game computer - you got toy game computer

with MM/DM you can measure temperature, read sensors and most important you can add whatever you missing by yourself, so in practice you can do almost anything
Back to Top View Olimex's Profile Search for other posts by Olimex

CircuitGizmos
Guru
Guru

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 3:02am | IP Logged Quote CircuitGizmos

Olimex wrote:
CG: Correct me if I'm wrong but SolderCore is on prototype stage since about year and never produced and sold in volume

I would have no way to know as I'm not SolderCore.

I just pointed out the product to show an Arduino-format color BASIC computer. I didn't do it to bring on the usual competitive comments.

Edited by CircuitGizmos on 10 February 2012 at 3:04am

fifan

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged Quote fifan

Olimex wrote:
U10 looks really nice, but what all retro computers missed at it's time was GPIOs which you can use to interface to embedded products, this is what I mostly like in MM/DM

For application of joystick a computer mouse is used. Work with a mouse it is supported by codes of FPGA and programs on Basic or assembler of Z80 microprocessor.

JohnS
Guru
Guru

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged Quote JohnS

The Soldercore as hardware looks not as good as a Duinomite, but costs about 3 times as much. Maybe twice what the Duinomite eMega will cost?

It isn't as far as I can see inherently any faster (but see the next sentence).

The CoreBASIC sounds better than MMBasic.

It doesn't look compelling to me.

I don't see how it would be better for fifan than any Duinomite (whether eMega or not).

John

Edited by JohnS on 10 February 2012 at 6:20am
Back to Top View JohnS's Profile Search for other posts by JohnS

paul_l_curtis

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged Quote paul_l_curtis

JohnS wrote:
The Soldercore as hardware looks not as good as a Duinomite, but costs about 3 times as much. Maybe twice what the Duinomite eMega will cost?

Sure, it doesn't have the physical size of the Duinomite; but then it's not supposed to compete with a Duinomite; it is a decision to limit the size of it.

Quote:
It isn't as far as I can see inherently any faster (but see the next sentence).

Core speed is 80MHz. However, the interpreter is much faster than StickOS or MMBasic or DM-BASIC. And it offers complex numbers, quaternions, flexible arrays, full string processing, matrix maths... Think you'll never need quaternions? Well, perhaps not, but they come in real useful for balancing robots, motion stabilization, and running quadcopters which you can't do with a Duinomite.

Quote:
The CoreBASIC sounds better than MMBasic.

The philosophy of CoreBASIC is much different from MMBasic. DM-BASIC seems to have a philosophy of "I need something else, I'll add a keyword to do it". CoreBASIC doesn't do that; extensions are provided by installable drivers.

Quote:
It doesn't look compelling to me.

Then don't buy it! But the built-in drivers for multiple LCDs, LED arrays, and so on, are all "just the same thing", a graphics display plane. But then, can DM-BASIC do 3D processing? Can it do 9DOF sensor fusion from arbitrary magnetometer, accelerometer, and gyroscope?

The value is not in the small set of keywords that CoreBASIC provides, but in the wealth of tested drivers for non-nonsense programming that CoreBASIC has.

I have a different philosophy for the development of SolderCore and CoreBASIC.
Back to Top View paul_l_curtis's Profile Search for other posts by paul_l_curtis

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Search the forums using Google.
<< Prev Page of 2
In the news...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version