Cat, Compressor Test & F&P Smart Drive Generator Fun

Back to Top View govertical's Profile Search for other posts by govertical

Downwind
Guru
Guru

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 March 2016 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote Downwind

govertical,

All I can say after watching your video is you are a "bloody Idiot" there is nothing of value to your doings other than not what to do.
Personally if it was me I would remove the link because its a hazard and produced by a idiot with no understanding of respect for electrical hazards.
Besides it adds no content of information other than how to be a Dick Head.

Yes I use strong words, but that is how I see your content of the video requires.

Plane and simple ....if that is the best you can do and post, then the internet don't need any more idiots like you posting bad crap.

Please refrain from posting electrical hazard rubbish in the future as it just might kill someone some day.

Madness
Guru
Guru

Posted: 28 March 2016 at 11:58am | IP Logged Quote Madness

Downwind wrote:
govertical,

All I can say after watching your video is you are a "bloody Idiot" there is nothing of value to your doings other than not what to do.
Personally if it was me I would remove the link because its a hazard and produced by a idiot with no understanding of respect for electrical hazards.
Besides it adds no content of information other than how to be a Dick Head.

Yes I use strong words, but that is how I see your content of the video requires.

Plane and simple ....if that is the best you can do and post, then the internet don't need any more idiots like you posting bad crap.

Please refrain from posting electrical hazard rubbish in the future as it just might kill someone some day.

Sounds like your a bit jealous or is this just more of your toxic bullsh*t?
Back to Top View Madness's Profile Search for other posts by Madness

electrondady1

Posted: 28 March 2016 at 12:37pm | IP Logged Quote electrondady1

PEACE COUSINS,
go vertical is from the American Midwest i think.
the fellow in the video was obviously an Aussie.
i think it was a bit of a joke post as in, what not to do.

Edited by electrondady1 on 28 March 2016 at 12:44pm
Back to Top View electrondady1's Profile Search for other posts by electrondady1

govertical
Guru
Guru

Posted: 28 March 2016 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote govertical

Hi, they were talking about increasing the RPM's until the F&P burns out.
The video shows how dangerous the F&P can be at higher RPM's.

rustyrod

Posted: 29 March 2016 at 9:33am | IP Logged Quote rustyrod

And another very questionable VIDEO

Please note, nothing to do with F&P

Why? Why would anyone try this?

People have actually died from tongue testing a single battery.

The comments say it all!

It is a strange, strange world we live in.

DaveP68

Posted: 30 March 2016 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote DaveP68

flc1 wrote:
Gday Dave, thanks for loading your test results, thats awsom work. I wish I had a lath so I could spin up a F n P to the very max, to see what it would do, just keep increasing the rpm untill it destroys itself ..ha! what do you rekon?

Sorry for late reply, would be an interesting experiment to see how tough these F&P stators are. Not a fan of the replies you've received so far, not very constructive at all...

You're the only one to make a comment on the table of data that took me weeks to perfect.

Just goes to show how this site with all it's handy hints, does draw in those with an average IQ around room temperature...

Dave
Back to Top View DaveP68's Profile Search for other posts by DaveP68

flc1

Posted: 30 March 2016 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote flc1

Gday Dave, that IS good data that you have supplyed, and yes, I was simply stateing ( if people bother to read what I wrote correctly) that I would like to see what rpm would be reguired for a f n p stator to fly apart, I said NOTHING about the electrical side of things, because its not about that, not interested in that, we already know what they are capable of putting out electricly, downwind ... just calm down and take a heart pill,,, if people watch that vid that govertical suggests ,,,and they have at least half a brain,,,its very clear to see how leathal the f n p can be. I think it is an interesting vid, shows how powerful the f n p is. and as for people with what DaveP68 calls room temperature IQ......I think they will electrocute themselves regardless of what they do or do not watch on youtube.

Edited by flc1 on 30 March 2016 at 11:01am
Back to Top View flc1's Profile Search for other posts by flc1

rustyrod

Posted: 31 March 2016 at 1:12am | IP Logged Quote rustyrod

The "flywheel explosion test" test was actually tried by the Southern Cross foundry in Australia sometime around the 1950's. They apparently took one of their solid flywheels (presumably around the 20 inch range) and geared it up via a layshaft from one of their big diesels. They built a sandbagged enclosure to catch the bits but when it finally let go at 5300RPM the enclosure was destroyed and at least one major chunk travelled 500 yards horizontally.They didn't mention the vertical component!
The flywheel was mounted horizontally to decrease the possibility of vertical debris.
In fact one driver engine was not enough so Southern cross added an extra engine to power the test unit.
All the facts are in the Southern cross history.

Recently a small Iron Horse motor was running and had been revved up a few times then left to idle.
The flywheel came apart. One piece went vertical through the roof of the very high commercial premises, another smaller piece went through a man's arm into his body. He was some distance away. He is all mended now.
The other men were not harmed
The flywheel was of a cast aluminum construction and quite old.
Fortunately it did not fly apart when the men were close and revving it.

The F&P Magnetic Rotatory drum in a such test, there would be a variable,

First if the magnetic drum was new or second, had been exposed to sunlight.

Obviously the rotation of the F&P in the washing machine on the spin cycle is quite within their specifications.

Could apiece of the plastic be tested for "tearing" then weigh a magnetic section and calculate the centrifugal force required to increase the magnets to their destructive weight?

I am impressed with your setup especially that you have geared up one F&P.
The mechanical engineering must be awesome.
Well Done!

flc1

Posted: 02 April 2016 at 3:15am | IP Logged Quote flc1

Gday Rustyrod, thanks for the compliment on my windturbine, the gearing on it is just 2 pullys and a v belt, 2 shafts, ,,,,Im looking at putting 3 stators onto one shaft, when this current setup needs repair or whatever. Might have a change around, I think I will get away with 3 stators on direct drive with the blade size and number of blades on it now,and have just the single shaft, no second shaft...should get about 1.5kw out of it?? just trying to find a bearing block that has the same mounting holes as the f n p stator,,might have to make one

Edited by flc1 on 02 April 2016 at 4:00am

yahoo2
Guru
Guru

Online Status: Online
Posted: 02 April 2016 at 6:31am | IP Logged Quote yahoo2

I cant find chris olsons original build posts so this will have to do. from memory it was first posted on fieldlines

it is his first chain driven axial flux build. the cogs, chain, self centering bearings and locking collars are all good quality standard issue off the shelf stuff. I dont remember how the blade hub and rotor were attached, I suspect it was with a taper lock centre. The only catch is the cogs would have a keyway cut into the shafts so there is a tiny bit of milling involved.

Anyway, this is how I would build, most of the machinery I work with is based on this combination of parts, it is pretty bombproof, quick, standardised and cost effective.

cheers

Edited by yahoo2 on 02 April 2016 at 6:32am

flc1

Posted: 05 April 2016 at 8:37am | IP Logged Quote flc1

thanks Yahoo2, thats a good solid looking piece of work, those bearing housings look like a two piece setup,,a front and back?? I think I will be useing somthing similar to that , they can have holes drilled to fit the stator.

Edited by flc1 on 05 April 2016 at 8:43am

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
In the news...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version