Subject Topic: f n p gridtie windturbine Post ReplyPost New Topic
<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DaveP68

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 August 2016 at 10:27am | IP Logged Quote DaveP68

Hi Fred

Here is a power output graph of a single 36 pole Delta F&P stator with black rotor cap operating under optimum conditions. RPM is on the horizontal axis.

If you see graphs with a steeper curve the stator is operating outside it's optimum operating output.

Cheers

David

Back to Top View DaveP68's Profile Search for other posts by DaveP68

flc1

Posted: 17 August 2016 at 3:11am | IP Logged Quote flc1

thanks for that David, some more good data
Back to Top View flc1's Profile Search for other posts by flc1

flc1

Posted: 22 August 2016 at 6:18am | IP Logged Quote flc1

photo of a stator that is uncut and wired in delta

flc1

Posted: 22 August 2016 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote flc1

photo showing the diffrence between a arrow head f n p rotor cap and a standered f n p rotor cap, the arrow head rotor has 5 small knobs around the outside edge of the rotor cap, knob can be seen in photo, the standered older type rotor cap in backgound. Arrow head rotors have very little cogging because of the arrow head shaped magnets,as explained on other pages in the back shed forum,and the 36 pole comes from the factory with rounded pole ends( all ready decogged), good for windturbines. The black f n p rotor cap is usually on a aluminum stator,so if you come across a f n p washing machine at the dump and it has a arrow head rotor cap, it will most likely be a copper wound 36 pole stator,thats good,and one with the black rotor cap will most likely be a 36 pole aluminum wound stator,so grab the black rotor cap(can be hard to remove because of stronger magnets) but leave the stator that it is on,most likely aluminum windyings,good for nothing. The aluminum stator usually has the letters A L stamped on it. The black rotor cap can give you about 20% more power out of a 36 pole copper stator when compared to the arrow head rotor cap. hope this info is of some use to sombody.

Edited by flc1 on 22 August 2016 at 11:15am

flc1

Posted: 22 August 2016 at 11:28am | IP Logged Quote flc1

As has been shown with Davep68's testing and what I have seen with my turbine,with the use of mppt windturbine inverters for gridtie or mppt windturbine controllers for batterys-(can be found at Aliexpress.com, or google search ) ,you can get good outputs of 600- 700 watts and more per stator,with the right gearing ,blades, stator cuts etc,and have a turbine that performs well in low wind speed aswell.,my turbines average daily output is approx 370wh, max output for a windy day is over 5 kwh, and with a slight adjustment to the gearing next time I pull it down for maintanence,that max and daily output should increase. These max outputs are not as good as Phills ax fx wind turbine,which is an impressive machine,,,but the f n p is cheaper and easier to build for your average joe bloggs. DaveP68 has on his page" f n p stator power linear load vs battery" a link to an online article he found that shows almost 2kw are possible from a single f n p stator.

Edited by flc1 on 24 August 2016 at 11:59pm

flc1

Posted: 26 August 2016 at 7:18am | IP Logged Quote flc1

output graph for my turbine, bottom line is approx rpm

Edited by flc1 on 26 August 2016 at 7:20am

gpalterpower

Posted: 01 September 2016 at 6:20am | IP Logged Quote gpalterpower

Hi guys ,
I picked up one of those black rotor and stator from the local white good repairer in town bout 6 months ago. Yep!.... I was kinda shocked to find out they were Ally windings. Eeeek!! They are crap to solder properly as I found out when reconfiguring them, but I will admit the output is vastly increaded over the conventional rotor and stator setup, and you are right about the cogging....there is none. Starts up so easy! I didn't know that you could get the better copper stators but now I will be on the lookout for one or 2 as my mill is a dual setup. Can I ask what configuration you have to attain these outputs. Would love to see that from my mill. Marcus

flc1

Posted: 01 September 2016 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote flc1

Gday Marcus, my setup is on page 1 , good luck with your setup,hope to see some pics. Fred

Edited by flc1 on 01 September 2016 at 10:07am

gpalterpower

Posted: 01 September 2016 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote gpalterpower

Thanks Fred.Gonna keep my eye out for a couple of black rotors and copper stators to upgrad my mill which been up for nearly 2 year now. It's also seen some scary winds like yours on YouTube . Those blades are surely motoring. Marcus

flc1

Posted: 01 September 2016 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote flc1

Are you feeding into the grid or batterys? what sort of output are you getting at the moment? whats your setup? Fred

Edited by flc1 on 03 September 2016 at 4:21am

gpalterpower

Posted: 03 September 2016 at 6:09am | IP Logged Quote gpalterpower

Hey Fred,
I'm kinda half way and both. My set up is this. I'm connected to the grid, but when the sun comes up and the 3kw of solar panels starts to charge up the batteries, I automatically switch off grid, the batteries then feed the inverter and our house. It changes over about an hour after sunset when the batteries go down. I really need a bigger battery bank. We are still on the 60c/Kw/h rebate which finishes on the 31st December this year.. Yess... it will be sad to see it go, but all good thing have to come to and end. It was too good to miss out on when it came to fruition nearly 7 years ago and a lot of people signed up for it. Needless to say we are in credit with the energy company and am planning on going fully off grid next year.

Also in the equation is the wind gen. been up for about 2 year now is going fine. Its probably over engineered which is a good thing as we can get some really serious winds here from time to time.....Like last night...was blowing a gale and it was absolutely flying. Scary stuff. So much that I lowered it this morning just to be on the safe side. Here is a youtube link to see if you want to.

https://youtu.be/6u7iHE2FjIE

Marcus

flc1

Posted: 03 September 2016 at 10:53pm | IP Logged Quote flc1

Thats interesting Marcus, I have been having discussions about the same type of setup with Davep68, ie going gridtie and batterys like you,so you switch automactically?so you have two sepperate inverters?Im just gridtie at the moment,our power bill is only small in the winter and we go into credit over summer,but some scumbag power companys here are now starting to penalise people who are gridtie, how obsessed with greed is that??? so we will most likely be going off grid in the future, you vid looks good, what sort of output are you getting from your turbine? Fred

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
In the news...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version