Subject Topic: Star / Delta controller Post ReplyPost New Topic
<< Prev Page of 3
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DaveP68

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02 June 2017 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote DaveP68

oztules wrote:
I will be very interested in the results David. It should work, as when the current limit of star hits, increasing the rpm will still try to stimulate higher EMF in the coils, and when this gets high enough, it will revert to delta.

...........oztules

Will be only too happy to give you the results. As if it performs the way you describe it will give an even great range of operation and overcome some present operating limits when charging batteries.

David

Back to Top View DaveP68's Profile Search for other posts by DaveP68

flc1

Posted: 02 June 2017 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote flc1

Hi Kitestrings,
yes my previous turbine was fitted with 2 x 36pole stators,It did have a one 42pole on it and a 36 at the start,but I changed it to two 36pole,got a good output from the two, Im currently rebuilding that turbine and will be useing 36 pole stators, I don't use the 42 pole stators ,they have too much cogging,
I think davep68 has a lot of data you would find useful for comparison of the 36 and 42 poles,Its not data from a working turbine,but I rekon its still a good comparison,
I have never kept much data myself from the two diffrent types.Both fillm and Davep68 have shown that you can get good power from both types of stators and both have shown that the 36 with a blackcap can give a bit more than a 42,and then theres cogging ..so I sappose theres your awnser.

Edited by flc1 on 03 June 2017 at 10:57pm
Back to Top View flc1's Profile Search for other posts by flc1

DaveP68

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote DaveP68

Hey Fred

Just to add one more thing to this topic re wind turbine output power which I know you will understand.

I find it amazing that wind turbines that are built with a "specified" peak output power potential, but the W/hrs of ACCUMULATED POWER is never stated!! That is of course not possible to know until is in production at the chosen site. Specified peak power output potential is what people focus on. It's like say the engine size in a car, but not taking into account the fuel economy so much.

I've seen wind turbines advertised on websites with a 2 kW version commanding almost double the price of a 1 kW version. This means something to those doing the purchase of the end product and again no mention of what the ACCUMULATED POWER will be!

The up shot of what I'm trying to point out here, is an F&P 36 pole copper stator with black cap WILL MAKE MORE ACCUMULATED POWER than any 42 pole stator...

End of discussion as far as I'm concerned

Edited by DaveP68 on 25 June 2017 at 5:33am
Back to Top View DaveP68's Profile Search for other posts by DaveP68

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Search the forums using Google.
<< Prev Page of 3
In the news...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version