Subject Topic: F&P 36 pole 40% more power than 42 pole Post ReplyPost New Topic
<< Prev Page of 2
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DaveP68

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 January 2017 at 6:05am | IP Logged Quote DaveP68

Hi Marcus

Yes the Ally stators will work about a 20-30% drop in output power at a guess. You need to look for the machines that have the cream coloured rotor caps to recover a 36 pole copper stator.

Here are the Australian product codes that have the 36 pole copper stators;
93125-A, 93127-A, 93194-A, 93195-A, 93196-A, 93198-A, 93200-A, 93201-A, 93202-A, 93203-A, 93220-A, 93221-A

If a Kiwi shipped their machine over from NZ in the last 10 years the product codes all start with 92xxx-A, so pick and choose what market they are made for.

Hope this is of use to you, as once you get a copper stator you can start getting the results that Fred and I are getting.

I take it you spotted my latest post of 700 W @ 520 RPM from a 36 pole copper stator? They just blow away any 42 pole stators output potential. There are a few die hard non believers on this site who try to challenge my data tables/graphs etc, but produce not a scrap of raw data of their own to back up their claims...

I may not be a Guru on this site, but when it comes to F&P stators have a very close relationship with the team at Fisher & Paykel who developed this amazing PMA. So you could say I can do insider trading, but of a legal kind.

Cheers

David

Back to Top View DaveP68's Profile Search for other posts by DaveP68

gpalterpower

Posted: 11 January 2017 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote gpalterpower

Hi Dave,

Yep. I saw the output from your stator. Impressive My mill is a dual setup, so if I can get another black rotor and 2 stators fitted, then that would make it a serious contender. Seems the copper winding are still a lot better....and better to solder as well. Ally windings to solder, is finicky at the best! We get a fair bit of wind at night here, so with output like that would nearly see us thru till morning when the solar takes over.

Ive been asking the guys at whitegoods repair shops around the area if they have any spares. I found one at the Gold Coast, but it still has the Ally windings so im a bit reluctant to pick it up. However, it has the black rotor so I might have to bite the bullet and purchase both just for sake of the rotor.

Maybe a trip to the tip might be in order. Ive seen plenty of scrapped whitegoods there.

Marcus

DaveP68

Posted: 11 January 2017 at 8:22am | IP Logged Quote DaveP68

Hi Marcus

As per the Fisher & Paykel Washing Machine product code list provided, I'm sure you will easily pick up a couple of 36 pole copper stators sooner or later.

If you can let me know your current wind turbine setup, i.e. blade diameter, system operating voltage and what your current max RPM/output power level is? I will then be able to give you advice on how to get the most out of 2x 36 pole copper stators with black rotor caps.

Like I stated in another post, 700 W output per 36 pole copper stator is possible at about 520 RPM if configure correctly.

Cheers

David

gpalterpower

Posted: 12 January 2017 at 7:45am | IP Logged Quote gpalterpower

Hey Dave,

My blade diameter is 3.15M using GEO 222 pvc blades set at 13 degrees, 24v system. Max power ive seen is bout 550w , and that was in a gale. RPM im not sure of, but its been scary to watch at times! I just close the back door and go inside hoping its still standing the next morn. And thankfully it always is.

Marcus

DaveP68

Posted: 12 January 2017 at 8:39pm | IP Logged Quote DaveP68

Hi Marcus

As you are running a 24 VDC system, using a 36 pole does make it a bit trickier but still possible 2 extract over 1000 W peak.

That's double the output power of your current setup. If Fred (flc1) can get a peak of 1.1 kW output from a 2.4 m diameter Dual F&P wind turbine, you should be able to do as well with a 3.15 m blade diameter. Fred is using gearing and a MPPT GTI inverter, so there are some other differences in each respective setup.

You will also need to build 2 different "Capacitor Multipliers" with component values TBA.

The first 36 pole copper stator will be set up "staggered" cut as 1x6C and 3x2C both wired in Delta. The first "Capacitor Multiplier" will be added to the 3x2C output. The 1x6C output just goes direct into a rectifier.

The second 36 pole copper stator will be set up is 12x1C wired Delta with it's output into the second "Capacitor Multiplier".

The cut in points for the 3 stator outputs will be 70 RPM 1x6C Delta, 105 RPM 3x2C Delta and 210 RPM 12x1C Delta.

If the 70 RPM cut seems a bit low you could try changing to a 2x3C Star cut on first stator instead of 1x6C Delta and 81 RPM will be the cut in with a bit more current at start up.

Hope you can make use of this setup info to get a decent increase in output power.

Cheers

David

Edited by DaveP68 on 12 January 2017 at 11:01pm

gpalterpower

Posted: 13 January 2017 at 1:56am | IP Logged Quote gpalterpower

Thanks Dave,
That sounds good. Ill be on the hunt for some more stators. If I could get 1k output that would be awesome. Even 750 or even 500w at a lower rpm would be better that 500w in a gale that im getting now! We're going away for a few weeks so Ill get back into it on our return.

Marcus

DaveP68

Posted: 13 January 2017 at 4:21am | IP Logged Quote DaveP68

Hi Marcus

Your welcome and only too happy to give away this advice at no cost, as get all my F&P hardware for free anyway. That's what this site is all about. .

Will update you latter on the Capacitor Multiplier parts list and how best to construct them if you're not sure.

Look forward to seeing some results once you've completed the rebuild. If you get over 1 kW you will certainly have an ultimate F&P dual that feeds into batteries.

Have a good time were every you are heading.

Regards

David

flc1

Posted: 13 January 2017 at 5:20am | IP Logged Quote flc1

Good stuff Dave, yea forget about the 42 poles on windturbines, they just don't cut it.

Marcus look for the rotors with the 5 raised knobs around the edge of the rotor,thats a arrow head on a 36 pole, and should have a copper stator.You should easily get 1kw with the setup Dave talks about.
Fred

Edited by flc1 on 13 January 2017 at 5:23am
Back to Top View flc1's Profile Search for other posts by flc1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Search the forums using Google.
<< Prev Page of 2
In the news...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version