Pico DIN-Rail enclosure & breakout

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 02:53pm 19 Oct 2021      

Mixtel90 said  TBH I'm rather saddened by the first one. With a bit more thought and a second pcb they  could have mounted the Pico above the bottom board, allowing a full set of terminals top and bottom together with some opto-isolators and SSRs. Those cases are often kitted out like that. The Pico could have run across the case, allowing access to the USB from one side. Sorry, I think this was a lost opportunity.

Agreed. However, I do have one application where it might just work, even though it's kinda criminal to have so few terminals. USB is accessed from the top which kinda makes sense.

Mixtel90 said  
The second one is nice, but once again you *need* level shifting (preferably opto-isolation) and 24vDC I/O on any industrial stuff. You just don't run industrial control wiring (which is what DIN rail stuff is all about) at 3.3v. The contacts on relays, switches etc. very often won't reliably make that sort of voltage unless you buy the expensive gold plated option.

I think that the idea is to couple this with Din-rail mounted SSRs for outputs and a Din-rail carrier of optocoupled inputs.