Warpinverter Build

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 03:16pm 19 Sep 2022      

Alston said  Thanks Roger! I am interested to see how it performs as well, someone had to do an IGBT 48V inverter so I am the guinea pig.

Haha, yep. I'm sure they will work fine and I bet I won't be the only one who's interested to see how well they work. If my large transformer section has issues with mosfets, I may have to change to IGBTs myself.

Quote  I have been interested to see what you have come up with for your boards.

I am very happy with the layout of mine  ...  very easy for access and to work on, though in looking at it the other night I realised I could have made it far more compact if I was really trying to save space. It would be much more difficult to service if I did it that way, so I'm happy to leave it as it is.

As soon as I have fitted all the mosfets and the capacitors, I'll post some photos.

Quote  I too went through the costings of thick cable and it was hard to stomach, I ended up just doing multiple layers for my primary which was very time consuming but I had enough wire so figured I should use it.

I did twist up the cable for the smallest two transformers  ...  and will probably do the same for the third one  ...  but the big one needs 13 metres and 32 strands of 1.7mm  ...  so had to bite the bullet and find some suitable cable.

Quote  I feel like my progress hasn't been that fast as I started in the Christmas break and I am sure I have lots more ahead of me.

You're still way in front of me time wise, I started a couple years ago and then gave up for a while, then started again. I can see the end in sight now so will definitely keep going.

Quote  I used these plugs and sockets-
https://www.altronics.com.au/p/p2533-dinkle-3-way-5.08mm-vert-pcb-mount-pluggable-skt/
https://www.altronics.com.au/p/p2513-dinkle-3-way-5.08mm-pluggable-terminal-plug/

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not sure why I didn't realise they were plugged into a socket  ...  it may have been the open sided sockets that threw me  ...  I'm used to the closed ones.