Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:20 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Guest Book : New Battery Forum?

kidbyte

Posted: 02:04pm 07 May 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great site! It's wonderful how so many people from so many parts of the world are working together on so many different projects! I have been "infected" and have started several home power projects myself! I have worked in a DC power industry (DC-DC) for many years, so much of this is in line with what I have done in the past.

Is there enough interest to start a special area on batteries? I have a deep interest in battery reclaimation and just in general info on how to setup battery banks and how to care for them.

Kidbyte
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't.
- KidByte -

Rastus

Guru

Posted: 04:43pm 14 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi KidByte,
Welcome to the forum,There is a thread"battery rescue" as part of the other stuff forum index thats current at the moment.Personally I'd be all for further discussion about battery bank set up and general info,it would be a conscise reference here and compliment RE projects,particullarly off grid aplications.The net does provide battery info even if it is hard to find exactly what you want.Members plans and projects are liberaly shared and constructive comments are added to benifit everyone concerned.So we'd welcome a post from you to start the ball rolling.A helpfull tip!Search the site first to save doubling up on a subject that has already been coveredCheers Rastus
see Rastus graduate advise generously

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 05:25am 15 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Welcome Kidbyte and may your battery be always charged and the power be with you.

Batteries are like women a bit, not as good looking, but that's a matter of opinion.

Keep them warm and well fed and watered, keep them charged up, and fit a deslphator to excite them, and they will serve you well and long, Don't run them down too much or they may run away, (to the scrap man) try you best to save and recycle them to help the environment a bit.

All the best

BobEdited by VK4AYQ 2011-07-16
Foolin Around

domwild
Guru

Posted: 01:06pm 18 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

From memory Fieldlines does have a storage section. Have a look.
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Georgen
Guru

Posted: 11:25pm 24 Dec 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,
I am interested in trying to get most out of the battery.

Suppose "OTHER STUFF" section of this Forum will accommodate Discussion on batteries.

Pity Edison Battery is not as easily accessible as lead-acid ones.
George

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024