Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:57 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Guest Book : Howdy from Nebraska USA

TexAcoon

Posted: 01:15am 14 Nov 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Really enjoy the site! .. I believe I have found the information I have been looking for in Wind Turbines .. really great articles on building turbine units! ..

Would like to see info about wind turbines in the 3KW and 4KW range .. Anyone have any info they could post?

Cheers to all Down Under! ..

Doug
Cortland, Nebraska USA

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:26am 14 Nov 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

HI Doug

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find a lot of interesting reading and also some of the older listings as well.

I am hoping to put a 5 KW unit together next year, at the moment I am just getting materials together, it will be an AFX with ceramic magnets as the neo have got a bit to expensive now, for the price of a set of neo magnets for a 5 KW unit it is possible to buy a ready made one out of China.

At the present I am doing a few smaller ones 500w as they are easier for me to handle as I aint as young as I was years ago.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

TexAcoon

Posted: 02:50am 14 Nov 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

VK4AYQ said   HI Doug

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find a lot of interesting reading and also some of the older listings as well.

I am hoping to put a 5 KW unit together next year, at the moment I am just getting materials together, it will be an AFX with ceramic magnets as the neo have got a bit to expensive now, for the price of a set of neo magnets for a 5 KW unit it is possible to buy a ready made one out of China.

At the present I am doing a few smaller ones 500w as they are easier for me to handle as I aint as young as I was years ago.

All the best

Bob

Thanks Bob! ..
YUP! Know what you mean on the cost of the Neo magnets .. I can't believe the prices of these now days.. However, did purchase tonight a FP 426454P STATOR SD200.
Never really seen any specs on the total output using these stators ..
Here in Nebraska is 90% wind and it makes you wonder how anyone could build a house here. Very seldom is it ever calm.. unless a thunderstorm approaches - once it arrives, all hell breaks loose .. We live in tornado alley region that stretches from North Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and then my area .. Just about 8 miles north west from me a town was hit by an F5 tornado about 6 years ago and wipe the town off the map leaving only one house standing. Hopefully I'll never have to experience one of those events. However, getting back to the wind turbine... one week ago I had a fallen out with my power company about their so called "Smart Meters" that monitors the power usage electronically. This new device has jacked up my electric bill by almost two hundred dollars.. and yet I have not done anything differently than I did when it use to be $150.00 a month. After our falling out, I told them I will look into renewable energy and start feeding it back into my service locking up the Smart Meter .. and then they can start sending me a check rather than the other way around.

Other than that I'm like most with the soaring cost of electricity .. And it's time to take a stand and do something about it ..

I see you're a HAM radio operator ...

Doug (KC5BLX)

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 06:35am 14 Nov 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Doug

Sounds like you are in a good spot for wind, but maybe a bit to good at times. Make it strong and retractable is the way to go then.

We are all having the same problem with the smart meters, they are a real problem and the utility companies are using up the features to rip us off.

Before you get carried away making a big mill get a weather station and log your winds to see what energy you can extract, as you may find solar has more bang for the buck on the feed into the grid, as the price of panels is very good now.

I am a Ham but not active at the moment, too many other projects on the go and the shack rebuild has taken a low priority.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

sinclair67

Posted: 09:18pm 06 Dec 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here you are at the actual forum, I am sure you will find a large amount of intriguing looking at and some with the older results as well.

I really hope to put the A few Kilowatt unit jointly pick up, at this time I am merely acquiring components with each other, it will likely be an AFX together with earthenware magnets because the neo enjoy a tad to be able to costly today, for the cost of a list of neo heat for the 5 KW unit it is possible to get a ready made one in China.

Currently I'm carrying out a handful of smaller types 500w because they are less difficult will be able to take care of as I aint who are only I became years ago.

The best
Each game is detailed with cost,
----
gw2 key
Cheap RS Gold

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024