Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:10 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Guest Book : Blacksmith + Greetings

AB Hammer

Posted: 03:51pm 06 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Greetings All

My name is Alan Bauldree a Blacksmith/Armorer. Here is some of what I do.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/abhammer/

I also have a hobby of what some would call an impossible quest. Gravity powered only. I see it as a manipulation to get energy out of it. I show some of my builds on youtube under the name ABthehammer
http://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer?feature=watch

I do not do direct sales in fact I am in the proses of retiring due to health. It would be nice to build some armor to show in my own house for once. LOL

I do look forward in showing some of what I build and designs for other devices for like water wheel generators and more.

Glad to be here
Alan

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 11:20pm 06 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Alan,

Some real nice work there, i very much like the Mandy armorer, Gee be nice to have one of them on display in my home

You are a true craftman in what you do, although your wheel experiments are a little lost cause, but im sure you have had fun trying.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

kitestrings

Posted: 10:27am 07 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Alan,

Since I'm still holding the screen door here, I'll bid you welcome.

I didn't have time for all of it, but nice workmanship what I did see, particularly the armorer.

The wheels look like fun, though I'll fess up early that I don't think you'll ever get usable power out, without putting more usable power in. There are however some creative examples of flywheels and low-friction (mag-levitation) that seemto defy gravity.

When I was young(er) I wondered why you couldn't build a milking parlor where you brought the cows in at an elevated, and pivoting platform. The mass of the beasts would provide the mechanical needs for milking, then you'd discharge them at the lower deck, if you will. It probably stemmed from my fascination with Memere's kookoo clock.

Anyway, howdy. ~ks

AB Hammer

Posted: 11:09am 07 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks guys

I have been building armor since 1986 but the wheels since 07, despite some magnet attempts when I was a teenager in the 70s. The gravity wheels fall into medieval machinery ideas which I have also work with like siege machines and cannon. But then I also learned about Bessler's wheels.

I have had some success in the quest as one was spinning at about 60 rpm and I heard a tapping sound each round and I looked close and it was tapping against the stand and then my thumb and nearly tore off the end of it. OUCH!!! but I found the tapping. I am not saying it was a real runner but worth further testing now it is under rebuild. Oh I forgot to say it kinda broke into a few pieces at that time as well.

Alan

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024