Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:04 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : sign of the times

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 03:54am 02 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I stopped off at an old tip shop that has closed . Yesterday ,while Ilda was getting some sewing stuff .

Anyhow, tip shop is closed and in it's place is a scrap metal dealer ,small one man show.

Outside , I chatted to this guy who was sorting out the solar gear . He told me ,he's giving the show away nowadays ,as there is too much competition.

He had 10 panels ,looked in good condition ,plus a big inverter, a milk crate full of fittings ,Etc.

I found out he was the owner and had to sort out the pure aluminium from any other stuff to get a scrap price.
He shocked me when he told me he'd be lucky to get $50.

He was saying ,he tried to give the stuff away ,but young fellas these days are just not interested or not technical.

so, just think what that stuff would have cost 15 years ago ?

I could have had the lot ,I reckon ,but I'm sort of past that sort of stuff nowadays.Pity .
Bushboy

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 06:15am 02 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Most people don't nor care any more on how things work.. just buy a new one...

Its a shame, they missing out on so much fun.
I think it works !!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024