Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:05 30 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : 3 Phase inverters.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:54pm 31 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Got a good idea what the answer is likely to be but I live to be surprised.....

With 3 phase inverters, is there any setting / way to make them feed into just 2 phases?

I have noticed these coming up from time to time and they go quite cheap and often don't seem to sell anyway. If i could get a 10kw unit and have it produce 6.6 KW or 3.3 on one phase and 6.6 on another, that would be good.

Guessing they want to see input and frequency from all 3 phases before they hook up.

Don't spose it's Possible to do a C2c type Job with a cap and make one leg think it's connected to a 3rd phase?

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 10:38pm 31 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Don't really know for sure Dave.

If its a genuine three phase off grid inverter, or three phase UPS, it should be capable of running with very large phase imbalance, it would be pretty useless otherwise.
Most likely three separate individual inverters joined at the hip.

On the other hand, a three phase purpose designed grid tie inverter is very likely to spit the dummy and refuse to work without all three phases being able to work back into a fully functional three phase grid connection.
Edited 2019-11-01 09:07 by Warpspeed
Cheers,  Tony.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:26pm 04 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  

On the other hand, a three phase purpose designed grid tie inverter is very likely to spit the dummy and refuse to work without all three phases being able to work back into a fully functional three phase grid connection.

Given all the protection and checks built into single phase inverters, that's pretty much what I suspected.

If I ever find one REALLY cheap I might get it to try but then I suspect one may work and another would not.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024