Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:22 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : winding the Torodial

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 09:55pm 21 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Some time back ,like years,lol, I meant to show how to torture an old mans fingers.  This outer primary winding was /is 20mm covered earth wire, not very flexible, had to use a soft head mallet to form the bends ,sometimes.. I think it weighed something like 20 kilos with all the wire wound on.

So, you can see why I had to find a seperate case for it ,Just would be too big for the inspire inverter case.

Also, so heavy ,I had to rope it up to work on it ,could just lift it, but I am 76 years stupid.

Never again,lol.

Bruce
Bushboy

wizzbang

Posted: 10:58am 24 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

good on ya bruce, , i am only 60 years stupid , i like your stuff and " i dips my lid to ya.". what size was the inverter. i was cleaning out a shed today and came across our original inverter from 26 years ago. 24V- 1000 watt square wave. very heavy . must try it one day , as it went under water for 2 days in 2012
                                                         good health, dennis

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 11:56pm 24 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dennis.

Nice to see you on the forum .

That coil(transformer) I rewound for a less stand-by demanding power in a Powerstar W7 6Kw x48Volt inverter.

All the drama is documented on the backshed under my forum posts, and many others,  Just search 'brucedownunder2 "  and make yourself a very big cup of coffee,lol.

I started "torture" (something like self-isolation, today) many years ago , starting like most ,rewinding car alternators for wind powered power-that did,nt work ,so wrecked many perfectly good washing machines and tried re-winding those motors, with much more successes many have done on this forum.

We've sort of moved on a bit <you might say, moved out of the cave,  and now play with electronics, solar and most things of a power generation field ,in my case ,from mainly scrounged stuff that people toss out .

26 year shed clean-out , I would have been like a kid in a candy store, if I was  your neighbour.,lol.

all went under water , don't know where you are ,but I remember the 1974(I think) flood of Brissie and worked in Telecom those days . My job was to open the pits and cable cabinets that had been submerged . The fire brigade would then hose all the mud out of those cabinets, plus a lot of records and wiring.. What a disaster ,..

Ok Dennis, I better shut up or I'll be banned..

Bruce
Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024