Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:24 23 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Understanding the manual instructions

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 01:50am 17 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a CP E series solar controller, MPPT,60 Amp into a 48volt Battery bank.
I

Has anybody got one that I could talk to on the phone . Aaron, another forum member is helping me ,but maybe someone that actually has one could join in.  
I
Thank you

Bruce

Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 04:01am 17 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh forgot to say,

Probably what is confusing me from advancing into the set up of the controller is the terms.  ,,,',,,

In SYSTEM PARAMETER,,,,      1.   IN Cap. 2.Out Cap. 3.  In Cap clear   Yes or No   And so on   , there are 6  steps that I don,t fully understand

OK, hope someone can help me out .76 YO and getting a bit forgetful,sorry.

Bruce
Bushboy

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 02:37am 18 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just had a bit of a look, don't understand that IN Cap thing either, found a web page Here

Might be a little help,

Generally the MPPT solar input voltage is around 90-105 volts on my charge controllers and some others.
For PWM it should almost mach the battery voltage about 60v.

I think you have 2 different voltage solar arrays?

I should have had a cuppa before writing.  let me know how it turns out with some load on the batteries.
Edited 2020-11-18 12:39 by Revlac
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 05:25am 18 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for that Aaron.

I e. Mailed the person in China distribution or factory.. we,ll see if they explain what ,,in. Cap out Cap is.

If anybody out there has one of these controllers , and you are successful in it,s set up ,please reply.

oh , I have it working ,maybe to the factory default, but don,t understand the manual ,s written English..

Bruce
Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 03:24pm 18 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, the factory or distributor In China came to me last night,very responsive,thank you.

We are to further our discussions Thursday , so hopefully,with her apparent work ethic, we will resolve it.

I,m surprised that no forum members have not any experience with this particular controller ,was not a cheap unit ,and appears very well made.

Bruce
Bushboy

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 06:46am 19 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I long ago found out one was best to only try to read Chinglish instructions as a matter of last resort after trying to work things out yourself.
Often times that's a lot better than confusing myself and finally working out that I would have done that anyway, I just wasted an hour thinking they were telling me something else.

I'll be interested to see what their Cap in and out interpretations means.

It amazes me that it seems in all of China, there is no Proper Chinese to English interpretation service where these manufacturers can send their manuals and have them written properly.  I know most Chinese are complete Tight arses but I'm sure they would have a big advantage over competitors just promoting " Clear, easy to read instructions in correct English".... Or French, German, Italian and all the other countries they must sell to that would also have the same damn trouble!

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 07:23am 19 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ah Grasshopper...

Western man trying to write sensible sentence in Mandarin has Chinese rolling around on floor pissing themselves laughing.

Western man very funny, good entertainment.
Cheers,  Tony.

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 12:26pm 19 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK, thanks for joining  in ,I,m pulling my remaining  hair out  trying to work this out.

Anyhow , the very nice lady in China  has  replied and apparently  In. Cap. Or Out. Cap.  Means the

Charging capacity.

Now to  make an adjustment .  So far ,after many buttons being pushed, nothing has happened.

Tomorrow , I,ll try more

Bruce
Bushboy

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:12pm 20 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  Ah Grasshopper...

Western man trying to write sensible sentence in Mandarin has Chinese rolling around on floor pissing themselves laughing.

Western man very funny, good entertainment.

That made me Laugh. I can well see the point. Still think they could get somone fluent in both languages to translate correctly for the funny western people that can't read Chinglish.

Quote  Now to  make an adjustment .  So far ,after many buttons being pushed, nothing has happened.

That's how my father does things.
Tried to explain over the phone the other week how to turn his mobile Phone off and on again.
I tried, my wife tried and then during all this, my daughter came home who sells phones and knows everything about them and she couldn't help him to work out how to push that one button.

We gave up after 30 Min so as not to frustrate him any more.

He rang back about 10 Min later to say he got it.  I asked how and he said I just kept pushing all the buttons till it worked.  This seems to have become a workable solution for a few things of late. If it works, Don't fight it!

I bought him a New DVD player and a quite upmarket one at that.  Contrary to what I was expecting, the thing is VERY simple to operate. I gave him a run through ( after working it out myself) made him a list and he has no problems at all. Terriffic!

We all have our skill sets. I taught myself how to build computers and set up servers and networking etc. I can do electrical and a touch of electronic and tear down and rebuild engines.  I get lost with modern TV's and Foxsmell etc and do not even get me started on Phones!

A phone is to make and receive calls and they can do texts.  Why people want to do their banking on them, watch movies on the tiny little screen I can't even see and
use them like a computer ( on which I have a couple of 27" screens, NOT a 2.7" screen) I'll never understand.

My phone has caused people to think I was dead several times now.  Seems if they ring you twice in 2 Min and you don't answer, well you must have passed on because why the hell else wouldn't you answer your Phone?
Just not fathomable that someone might be up the shed doing something or covered in grease etc and leave the thing inside where it was safe and wouldn't fall out your shirt pocket or get crushed in your pants pocket. That could never happen.

They are required to be within arms reach at all times.... apparently.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024