Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:43 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Controller instructions help

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 09:50pm 13 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I purchased a new MPPT controller about a year ago , and I need some help ?.

I'm happy with the controller,  a CPE series 060(60 Amp) ,   have written many times to the distributor ,but answers to my questions seem to be fairly vague.... it cost around $250 ,so I thought it might be OK .

There may be nothing wrong, but I'm concerned ,because I don't see any "battery use" . I'm connected to around 500 watts of lights , battery is showing 3/4 full to full most of the day ,but no battery consumption on my controller display.

I've got it wired to about 2.5 Kw of solar , so should be no problems there.

My main wish is to talk to someone who actually has one , so anyone that has one could you please phone me ,so we can exchange our experiences.

I've read the instruction booklet hundreds of times , but its sort of written in a way that my brain can't fully understand. 76 , so may be missing a few bits of the OL brain box  ,??? .

OK, thanks if you can help./Users/bruce/Desktop/DSC00036 2.jpg

]

Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 02:42am 14 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

From my previous post, the illustrated bottom MPPT Controller view,   you can see that I only get or ever have got , somewhere around from  63watts . mostly less, I don't think ever much more .

So, I'm wondering if I have the parameters not set correctly,(because the 8 x40watt are using in the order of 6-8 amps ?  

Yet, my batteries are being charged, because the controller shuts down around 55 volts. and the battery symbol shows a full charged battery, plus I've seen the PV green light (led),the bottom lefthand indicator LED on the bottom row of LEDS) extinguish for a short time before it charges again.

Bushboy

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 05:49am 14 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Some fella has a vid of one of these, mppt cpe 60a
I can't see much detail on my computer screen, perhaps someone can see it better, higher resolution or something.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 06:13am 14 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Aaron and the video clip poster, well done.

I've never seen inside mine ,so that video gives me an insight to what to expect.

Fairly reasonable , and well documented explanation ,.

I think ,along with Aaron, that my particular problem lies with the unit never charging above float mode voltage ??.

Mostly ,have seen it in the 60-70 watt charging range , where with my workshop lights load of ,say 400 watts , I'd expect the charging to be in the 300-600 watt range ,but never seen this.

Be great if the video poster could call me on the telephone ,so I could be led through the steps required to ,maybe, get mine working correctly ,please call or send me a PM and I'll call you back ,please.

I've checked everything that I possibly know of ,,,except the darn instruction leaflet,which is confusing in it's interpretation -all those little buttons .

Thank you again,

Bruce

I think I should have said --TRICKLE MODE-  that the unit is constantly charging at ,,not FLOAT MODE .

Sorry,

Bruce
Edited 2021-02-14 16:28 by brucedownunder2
Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024