Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:59 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : grid power-which system ,help

michael

Posted: 12:38am 06 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is our first post but hi to all. we have read the forum for ages learning but need some help here.
We are in Melbourne and are about to sign up for a grid system, no batteries. we are getting a 1KW so we get the maximum rebates etc.
now we have four quotes quotes from 3 companies,and are quite unsure of which way to go. Some of the suppliers seem stuck on giving you certain components and not flexible, and others do not actually know many tech details etc about the inverters etc.
The best quote seems the first.

quote one -7 x 145 watt (1015Watts total) conergy panels and sunny boy inverter 1100w $11,000 after rebates $2500 on special, upgrade to pvc wr 1700 inverter (i think its a fromius rebadged from the photo) for $1050
Our question there is are these panels okay as I have never heard of them.
Seems the deal we will take unless advised otherwise.

Quote two-6 x 175 watt suntech panels and sunny boy inverter $12480 or $3850 after rebates. one extra panel installed $1350
The chap here said the sunny boy could not take different panels etc and you were limited etc with the sunny boy in the future.

quote three-6 x Sharp NE-Q7E3E (167 watt) panels (1002 watts total) and fronius ig 15 inverter installed for $3975.00 after rebates.
We like this as the guy said fronius 1500 watt inverter lets you add different panels of different watts and this is its stand out feature to let me add another 500 watts of various panels of different brands in the future. (please correct him as I do not know if he is right)

quote four- 7 sharp 175 watt panels (1.26kw total)and sunny boy inverter 1100 for 13,720 or $4950 after rebates.
we wanted to take one panel off this system which still makes it 1050 watts, but the saleman said the sunny boy wont run that properly (why not ??) it takes $1600 of the price but if it does not work then its no good. But if someone said at $3350 it did work we would take it.

okay, can i upgrade diffent panels onto the fromius, ??
is the pvc wr 1700 a fromius rebadged as it looks like it is ?
can i add more panels of different brands and watts to the fronius as one saleman said ??

sorry for the long post but we are quite bamboozled by the different systems and future upgrade prospects.

any advice most welcome

cheers michael and jenny

AMUN-RA

Posted: 01:11pm 07 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

1 the wr 1700 is a fronius inverter/ conergy and can be upgraded to 1.5 kw withought any mods
grid inverters have a min and max voltage so panels are designed to fit into these limits
the wr range of inverters are indoor if you want to go outdoors you must order the ig inverter difference is its ip rating (stops stuff getting in)
best bet 6 sharp or conergy 170/175 panels dependent on availability and upgrade to wr 2300 inverter so in the future you can go to 2 kw but make sure you have enough roof space to fit 12 panels or the upgrade is not needed.the above system is what I have so I know it well Mick

Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024