Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:27 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : a problem that should not be a problem

Page 1 of 2    
poida

Guru

Posted: 07:38am 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2021-12-22/race-to-set-up-solar-panel-recycling-industry/100719910

oh, no! what a waste! having to put all those panels in landfill.
It's proof that solar is not green and such a waste say the anti solar/pro FF tools.

Or we could just f**king well change AUS elec standards to encompass
used panels.
That would be good.
But it won't happen. ("won't anyone think of the insurance companies!!")

Humanity is doomed if we continue to not just f**kin' well think
outside the f**kin' box.

We have many challenges ahead for humanity and we are approaching it
with the mindset of 20 years ago.
Things have changed.

Big solar farms and large individual installations frequently
upgrade the arrays after 5 or something like that years.
This means 5 year old panels with a 20 year warranted output are now
"waste"

f**k that sh*t.
The panels are still good for 15 years.
wronger than a phone book full of wrong phone numbers

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 07:49am 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

oh don't get me started,  why are 2nd hand ( if have to best tested, fine ) panels not able to be used ?? why is it if 1 panel fails, they have to replace the entire system.. with new !!! B.S. at its finest, but what do you expect from a country run by mega companies/ mining magnates... its like the only country In the developed world where it is technically illegal to change a lightbulb...
I think it works !!

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 09:53am 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sadly its the business model of today, unless it changes soon we are all doomed.

However here is a company here in Europe that takes those used solar panels from commercial site upgrades systems and does some real good deals.

http://www.emat-de.com/home/clearance

A friend and I are about to get a pallet load, 36 panels delivered here in Normandy France.
Edited 2021-12-22 19:55 by Clockmanfr
Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:43am 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

poida said  
It's proof that solar is not green and such a waste say the anti solar/pro FF tools.

To deny that there are problems outside of regulations and the unreliable energy is far from all it's cracked up to be would show equal Ignorance.
N9othing is perfect and until that is admitted, it's problems cannot be fixed.

These days the all singing, all dancing green washing, largely purported by Big biz after Gubbermint Money and the minions that have no ability to think for themselves is out of control. Add in the pathetically biased media whom tell more lies by omission or subterfuge and the truth is whatever the controlling vested interests want it to be.

Why we have solar farms the way we do is another crock of the RE and power industries.
Why contaminate vast tracts of land when 75% of rooftops are bare and they are right where the power is needed, not hundreds of KM away. It's NOT a technical issue as the power crunts make out, it's a monetary one because they don't want to loose a cent of the OVER $3 BILLION  PROFIT they make in oz each year.
Having solar farms when there is so much rooftop space available is a farce but it's also all to do with MONEY.

IMHO, 99% of current emissions/ environmentalism/ and green concerns are a total and complete load of utter ship that are just pathetic excuses to ride on the back of a Nobel cause for the sake of profit.

If they weren't, we wouldn't have this stupidity with throwing out probably millions of good panels a year under the BS Guise of " safety" another great excuse for about every underhanded, pathetic scheme of profit and control.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:06am 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

noneyabussiness said   why are 2nd hand ( if have to best tested, fine ) panels not able to be used ??

To further the agendas of the solar and power industries of course!
Silly boy, isn't that painfully obvious?  

I'm with you mate, it's an insult to anyone with a functioning brain cell.... like some other moronic brainwashing that's been going on last couple of years.

One of the safety updates of the last year or 3 was to remove panels from the CEC list which determine ( after you pay for approval) what can legally be installed because they only had 6 Earthing holes instead of the now/ then required 8.  Only need one FFS but hey, any excuse to keep the money rolling in for the industry.
They have done the same with racking, inverters and various other things.  
Turn perfectly good equipment into scrap so new products need to be bought and what was fine last week is now deemed too dangerous for use.... although if it were installed last week, that's fine to keep it.  

I have handled HUNDEREDS of used panels now and found less than I can count on both hands that were bad.  Usually that was pretty obvious physical damage but there was the off open circuit and a failed Diode.  Frankly I'm amazed at the resilience of the things.

If this environmental Crock was remotely serious these things would be kept in circulation as long as possible.

The very idea that " recycling" anything absolves it of all evil and wipes the slate clean is another crock of ship.
There is still huge amounts of energy used and emissions generated. Recycling does not mean you get something new for free,  it just means, at best, you get to re use some materials that often require just as much input as the raw materials.
Another complete and utter load of bull and greenwashing.

Quote  why is it if 1 panel fails, they have to replace the entire system.. with new !!!

What is worse is it is not limited to panels. Inverters are far and away the weak point and don't know how many systems I have bought sans inverter because it was no good but couldn't be replaced under the rules of greed and corruption by the solar Industry.  Unless you happen to have the exact same replacement unit ready to go, you can't change the inverter even to a new, current one. The ENTIRE system has to be brought up to spec which is impossible on as many fronts as they can dream up.

Quote   but what do you expect from a country run by mega companies/ mining magnates...

I'ts not just this country, the entire western world is run by big biz and their puppets in office.

I suffer from depression and anxiety from PTSD and it's in overdrive atm.  I walk round every day with a gut ache and a fear and panic in me and get attacks from so many things I hear and see.  I worry for my daughter what in the hell the world is going to be like in my lifetime let alone when she is my age.
I can't think of one  " Conspiracy theory" I have heard in the last 2 years that has not come true. To me most now are just predictions and they have a very nasty habit of being laughed at Now and not only come true, but being every day life a year later and the sheeple just sit back and swallow up every bit of crap they are told.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:27am 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockmanfr said  
However here is a company here in Europe that takes those used solar panels from commercial site upgrades systems and does some real good deals.

I think you have linked that Company before Les.
Just looking at the sheer number of panels they have for sale is mind blowing and really brings home the scale of the problem.

I been wheeling and dealing in used panels a while now but it's really dropped off. 90% of enquiries I do get are from people that want to pay nothing for them and send them to African or Arabic countries. Locals doing their own systems seem to have evaporated. Maybe all the DIY inclined had got theirs setup and won't be needing any more for another 10 years at least.

I was paying for panels couple of years back, now the majority I get are free taking them off the hands of installers whom have to pay for them to be dumped.  They used to be panels that were 8-10 Years old, now I'm getting them as little as 3 Yo and I'd say 5 is the average.  I look them up and get the data sheets to send to people which are always dated so you know the year when they were released let alone may have been installed.

Panel supply has fallen off a lot lately as well, don't know if if it's the economic situation or supply issues but they seem to be doing way less installs.

There are some older panels sitting at one of my suppliers atm.  Not sure if I want them or not. I was selling them cheap to turn them over but given how slow they are moving atm ( people wanting 1's and 2's for camping/ RV's) getting to the point where it's not worth the effort to pick them up and have them around. Pity, I was making good money with them and people were setting up bootleg systems cheap and saving themselves fortunes.  One of the guys I sold a stack to and became friendly with is a field manager for a power co!

I haven't taken many up the country this year admittedly with the lockups so maybe try that again.  I can always advertise them and if I get interest take them up and if not, don't.  I started off advertising some water damaged ones I got hold of which went like hot cakes and from there it was all referral. I came away every time with more orders than I could take back up in one trip. At one stage I was considering buying a small truck or a large trailer and selling them up and down the coast and maybe take them into the inland country as well.
That -may - still be valid but see how the supply goes.

I think there are getting so many used panels around now at least here in the citys, people can pick them up themselves and know someone whom wants to offload and glad to get rid of them.

The solar farms all scrap them as part of some deal with the industry and grubbermint so they aren't on the market and diminish new panels sales.

It's all rotten to the core.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:28pm 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Davo99,

Whoops sorry for posting that link again, getting old and cant always remember, Well that's my excuse.

Now we have come against petty beuroricsy here in France this year regards us installing 2 Air Source Heat pumps with output as ducted air flow.

These were going to be for another of our old house here, and we start restoration work next year our last out of 11 old buildings.

It seems that as Air source heat pumps have hazardous refrigerant inside, and as such they now come under EEC rules as a hazardous product.

What this now means is that no manufacturer can sell direct to me, and i have to buy from a middle man and show him my certificate for having a refrigerant handling qualification. What this now means is that only companies that install Air source heat pumps, with all the correct paper work, can install them at your house/dwelling and of course at great expense and their larger profits, for basically just bolting it down to concrete bases and my ducting.

So its now a closed market and an expensive way to save energy.

Seems strange that only 2 years ago i installed our Air Source heat pump for our swimming pool with no hassle.

After a family meeting here, we have decided that we will keep our heat requirement's simple with our normal electric underfloor heating systems. So instead of spending $3000 on two heat pumps we will increase our PV appropriately up to 30 kW with a new static array, and increase our battery bank ah capacity with some Forklift battery packs.

No, my PLANTE batteries are not ready yet still in test and assembly stage.

What a sad world when you want something to really work well, be simple, be robust and last, and be cost effective, you have to DO IT YOURSELF.
But at least i will do some more How to books that might help others.?

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:54pm 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99,

My Middle boy is starting architecture Uni in the UK next year, he wants to specialize in Eco stuff and sustainability restoration of old buildings, minimal materials etc. He is a bright boy and its real nice having meaningful discussions with him.

Sadly i have had to warn him about what we do here may seem logical,   "but the commercial world only want profits at the expense of the Planet, they talk about sustainability concepts but as you have gathered its mostly smoke screens and 'Greenwashing'. So listen first what you have to learn and don't be outspoken to quickly".

As i say he's a bright lad and a quite listener of the facts and figures, and hopefully there is a future for him.
Eldest is just finishing his Uni in the UK on Sports Physiotherapy and may be back here next year giving me some active muscle support in the physical works here.  Youngest is at school in Oxford with mum and he is good at rowing and Rugby with good shoulders and brilliant at chopping logs for me this Christmas but at 15 he's no idea where he is going in the future.

To be honest all the family here for 3 weeks at Christmas, plus eldest lads friend from the USA, is great.
Sad to say these last 2 years i have actually enjoyed the solitude of 3 months at a time as a hermit here in Normandy, France. Just one trip each week to the local town supermarket.
Edited 2021-12-23 05:56 by Clockmanfr

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 09:18pm 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

clockman,  we already have that " regulation " crap here, again technically illegal to install ANYTHING that requires refrigerant gas,  have to be qualified fridgy with all the tickets to even install a aircon.. you can't even buy the fittings to install them without the " licence " ... now I'm all for rules ( the opposite to rules is anarchy) but when they are made to simply profit its disgusting..

time and again I've had to makeshift something to get around it..
I think it works !!

InPhase

Posted: 10:44pm 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Don't worry Clockman. The government will be along soon enough to tell you your Plante battery is toxic and will need to replaced by a manufactured battery.

I'm glad to live in a place where I can use second hand solar panels or mount my own mini split. Don't get me wrong... There are regulations, but no enforcement unless something goes wrong and liability has to be determined.

But don't let your heart worry. Western Civilization is nearing an inflection point, and these insane governments we've allowed to happen will not last through the turn.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:22pm 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockmanfr said  Hi Davo99,

Whoops sorry for posting that link again, getting old and cant always remember, Well that's my excuse.

Mate, I am GLAD you posted it again. I did not mean that the way it may have come across.  It is interesting and good to be reminded of how many of these things are out there and the waste they must be generating.
I bookmarked the link this time but please post the link every time it is relevant to keep the forgetful like me reminded of it.

Now we have come against petty beuroricsy here in France this year regards us installing 2 Air Source Heat pumps with output as ducted air flow.

What this now means is that no manufacturer can sell direct to me, and i have to buy from a middle man and show him my certificate for having a refrigerant handling qualification.

Let me tell you about my experience with this as briefly ( or not ) as I am able.
My father had a wrecking yard and with me coming along to help him, things were ramping up and he was handing a lot of Vehicles.  ALL the trade mags were running full page fearmongering articles about the need to have vehicles Aircon properly de gassed and recorded as there were inspectors going round and issuing monumental fines for those not complying.

Being a very straight shooter, my father was concerned. He rang all the fridgys in town and none would come do it.  I saw that there were " Restricted Refrigerant Handling  " Licences one could get which basically covered you to degas things and handle the refrigerant bottles, specifically turn in the old gas which you cannot do without the licence.

Rang the Refrigeration association, basically a private entity that writes the rules for the industry and more specifically, their own benefit, and spoke to the head guy. What a complete joke.  After a couple of calls that weren't returned, he admitted I was the first person to enquire about it and they hadn't "got round" to writing a formal training process.  Basically they sent me a very basic manual with some obvious questions and all I would have to do would be learn them and get a certified Fridgy to sign off I knew what I was doing. Great, who is doing it?

Errr, Ummm.....
Finally put me in touch with a guy in the next city 100Km away whom when I rang, had no idea he'd been put in for it. He knew all about the licence but was somewhat disbelieving of what I told him I had been told. He knew the guy I had spoken to well and said let me get back to him then I'll get back to you.... Which he did.

Was quite obvious to me the guy was stunned and none too happy.  Admitted what I had told him was what he had been told but couldn't believe the incompetence.  He was a very enviro conscious guy and was ticked that a person couldn't return refrigerant for disposal unless they had a licence. He said the whole point was to stop it being released so WTF would you stop anyone trying to do the right thing licenced or not?

He said the head monkey had told him there was no testing format or specification and the guy had said to him just to see if I knew what I was doing and if so sign off for my Licence. He explained that he had a large business and without anything to measure me against, if there was a problem he could be held responsible for me doing the wrong thing when he had no way of covering himself by making sure there was a standard I met. He was very apologetic and obviously sincere but I knew where he was coming from.

He said they want people to do the right thing but here you are trying to do that and there is now way for you to. He said he was on some industry Committe or other and had already spoken to some other people about it and he would be certainly asking WTF was going on with this? He knew the ads and said what are they spending fortunes for  for nothing?
Exactly the conclusion I had come to.

My father was still worried so my next call based on a hunch from previous experience was to a Solicitor friend.  Explained the situation and he said keep your emails, send another saying this that and asking whom has the written testing criteria and when they say none, You and your father are covered because the requirement that cannot be complied with is unlawful and the onus is on them to provide a documented test and certification testing.   He said if your father has a problem let me know caused I'd love to get involved in that one!

So that was it. The Ads ran still a good while but haven't seen one for a few years now.
Everyone is still bleeding the gas into the big blue bag although I got a bottle and a Pump of a fridgy mate and recovered the gas so we could put it back in cars we repaired.
Everyone else..... Pffffft, literally!

The refrigerant gasses are now all changing to LPG based so not sure why all the hype about refrigerant handling on units with this... other than money, greed and illegitimate profits of course. I topped my car off the other week with regular LPG. Go by the pressures not the weight and the thing blows icicles now. Mrs was complaining before ti didn't work, now she is complaining its freezing her.

That's the level of stupid incompetence we have here. Of course the licenceS, restricted recovery and refrigerant handling would have been touch over a grand a year. Nice little earner for these morons in their ivory towers of self proclaimed
Authority. Then you have, at the time at least, another $3k in recovery units, pumps scales, tools and other gear required.

I haven't thought about this for a while but just looking it up again now, I can see they have added to the chest thumping and brow beating but there is still stupidity like " Find an authorised person to train and assess you" but nothing on what the assessment is or a list of those people one could contact.
I also see there are now 3 licences for this PLUS a refrigerant trading licence.
Nothing like turning 2 Hurdles into 4.... especially when you can charge more for it.

Yep, you must do the right thing especially when there is plenty of money in it for us.

No, my PLANTE batteries are not ready yet still in test and assembly stage.

I only mentioned these this morning to someone online and said far as I knew you were still testing them but I was keen to see what you found with them.
Will be very interested to see your conclusions on them.

Getting fed to the back teeth whenever people mention batteries, the clueless all chime in with patently WRONG info about Lithium Chemistry's and berate anyone who does not share their fallacys. The way some go on, they are one step away from claiming Litho batteries will make a mans appendage 4" Longer and his Mrs go up 3 Bra sizes and become a bikini model second you install them. And if You don't have a wife you are about to find one whom is a bikini model, father owns a Pub and is filthy rich as well!    

Quote  What a sad world when you want something to really work well, be simple, be robust and last, and be cost effective, you have to DO IT YOURSELF.

Everything these days is built to the lowest merchantable quality, cheap as possible, as complicated and non repairable as possible and to have a pre programmed life and not a day over.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 06:32am 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thought of something I forgot to mention in my previous ranting....

When I said to the Refrigeration association director that I wanted the licence because my father had a wrecking yard and was worried about being fined and then questioned him later about trying to do the right thing but unable and what if some inspector showed up, He admitted there were NO  inspectors going out doing inspections anywhere.

Subsequently, I came across an article by the association stating there had been some  handful of fines and court actions taken the previous year for releasing refrigerant and they were all large, commercial  situations where all those prosecuted had received multiple warnings before.

They stated that there had many more reports but due to lack of resources, they were only able to investigate what appeared to be the most serious. The only people investigating were the Gubbermint EPA not the refrigeration people. The gubbermint inspectors only went on investigations they were alerted to, not conduct random checks.

I had an idea or looking at doing this when I got a licence at least as a part time Business.  Where I lived there were LOADS of wrecking yards not too far away and some of them could be seen to have many hundreds of vehicles in each one. I also thought of going around the country areas where my father was as I had already found out you COULDN'T get anyone to do the recovery there.

I have  been to the salvage auctions MANY times and seen the numbers of vehicles that go through there. Thousands a week just in Sydney alone.  It's easy to see the scale of what's being released when you consider the amount of gas in each of those vehicles.  It's not a lot in each one but it sure would add up by the sheer numbers.

I don't know now, I suspect the situation has not changed at all, but when I looked at this there was NO one in the biggest city in Oz recovering the gas from Vehicles.

My solicitor mate that had a look out of interest also found the laws here are highly ambiguous as to whom IS actually responsible for degassing.  

They state that the last owner is responsible for the vehicle to be de gassed but whom exactly is that?
Is it the last registered owner, the insurance company that pays them out, the auction house  whom is paid by the wrecking yard which is the auction houses name not the insurance co's, is it the wrecker, the scrap merchant whom collects the vehicles or is it the scrap yard where the vehicle ultimately ends up?

This is not specified and my solicitor mate said as we passed the things on and were paid for the shells by the guy that collected them, we were not responsible certainly if the AC was still gassed when we gave them to the scrappy whom pays us per ton.
I know the guy we sold them too took them to his property and pounded them flat with a 24ton excavator so he could get as many as possible on when he transported them to the scrap yard further afield.  The odds of the AC system not being ruptured are very remote.

Also, there is no record kept in the process of when the vehicle had the AC gassed and when it did not.  May have been empty when it was written off due to accident damage or could have had a leak years ago that the owner never repaired. Plenty of that with 10 Yo cars. Many came in perfectly fine especially later model vehicles  written off for flood, Hail or rear end damage.
Maybe the wrecker took out the evaporator or the compressor at which point they would be responsible for not releasing the gas to atmosphere but they are not a registered part like other things that have to be noted what was removed not of if the system had gas at the time of receipt.  

Where possible, we left the AC system complete. If you have enough parts of the same type on the shelf already, no use taking up more space so all that was needed to be done was take the compressor off the engine by unbolting it from the bracket, wire tie it out the way and it can all go with the rest of the shell. If we wanted a part we would put the gas into a bottle and later put it back in a repaired vehicle we were selling. Got plenty that way so could leave the systems gassed as well.

I can absolutely Guarantee, no scrap yard I have ever seen and certainly not where our shells ended up, would ever de gas the bodys they get.
Here, unlike some countries particularly in Europe, The fluids are not recovered.
The cars are crushed or chipped and whatever comes out, comes out.

The law here also states that ANYTHING with refrigerant gas must be degassed and marked as being done so. Air conditioners, refrigerators, heat pumps etc.
Again, I have NEVER seen where this is done in normal practice.  Spend a bit of time at the local scrappy and as with every other one I have been to, there are plenty of fridges and AC units and I have never seen one marked as they are supposed to have been which would be clear and evident with a tag.

My mate in the aircon game sometimes does it and sometimes not.  If he is going to scrap the unit himself, he will de gas it and gets a small amount for that which he returns for disposal by burning.  If the thing is going straight to the scrapyard, then he does not. Same deal, he never owned it to begin with and as he is provided a receipt of payment by the yard, they are the last owners after whomever his client was he was replacing it for.  

Really, the whole refrigerant gas recovery thing here is a farce.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 07:55am 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Really, the whole refrigerant gas recovery thing here is a farce.

I often wondered about the whole refrigerant destroying the ozone layer thing.

Back in the very early 70's some scientist in the northern hemisphere discovered that there was a big hole in the ozone layer, and it was rapidly getting bigger.  The increased infrared radiation was going to fry us all and end life on earth, so big panic.

They concluded that it was the exhaust emissions of very high flying jet aircraft that were causing this ozone depletion, so someone in authority decided to prove it, by measuring the ozone layer in the southern hemisphere.  We antarctic expeditioners were supplied with an ozone layer thickness measurement magic box, and we all took turns monitoring the ozone layer through meal times and movie hours in freezing discomfort outdoors.

If anyone is interested I can explain how that magic box worked.

Surprise ! there are no regular commercial passenger jet routes flying south of Australia, South America, or South Africa. But the ozone hole in the south was even bigger and increasing faster than the hole up north.

So another genius figured it was all those MUCH HEAVIER than air refrigerant fluorocarbons floating up into the stratosphere somehow ? and destroying the ozone layer.

Along with global warming, and climate change, the ozone depletion problem can obviously be fixed by increased government regulation and more taxing.

Those heavier than air refrigerants simply cannot be allowed to drift up into the stratosphere. Funnily enough the ozone layer is coming back now, so it must be due to all those new regulations, or maybe its just a natural cycle like the polar ice caps on Mars melting.  The north pole was supposed to be completely ice free by 2,000 due to global warming, all the polar bears were supposed to be doomed.  Remember that ?
That never happened either.

No doubt increased government regulations and inspections, and the EPA, fixed that problem too. Pardon my cynicism, but I have seen too much of this fairy tale crap over the years by "scientists".
Cheers,  Tony.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:03am 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, increased taxation fixes everything.... apparently!

Don't know if anyone ever REALLY looked into that carbon tax we had a while back.
Of course I did.

To summarise, some huge amount was collected, some huge amount was given back to compensate for the burden of the huge amount collected, something like 10% of what was collected went on admin costs to run the whole debacle a special dept was set up to handle and from what I could figure, 5-10%, probably the lower end, went on planting trees and other initiatives to solve the problem. Supposedly and on paper at least.

I got real suspect on the claims being made that implied that there were thousands of people out planting trees every place there was a sq foot of vacant dirt and sent a good few emails to some grubbermint depts asking where this was happening. I got duck shoved around but smelling a rat, was pedantic enough to make some calls asking where these trees were being planted or where I could see what work was being done. NO one could tell me one single place all these millions of trees were supposed to be being planted or where I could find one other initiative the money was being put towards.

I even feigned being some environmental Ra Ra reporter thinking that would get a positive response but despite being told all these wonderful things were being done, not one Seat polisher could give me one single location where I could actually go and see it myself anywhere in oz or that their dept was actually doing it. I got directed from one useless twat back to the other a few times though!

I can only assume the whole thing was a glorified tax dodge for big biz at the expense of small biz and the poor dumb taxpayer because by the grubbermints own figures, 90% of what they collected was handed out in grants and subsidies to offset what they were collecting in the first place!! All went round in a circle except for admin costs and the mythical tree planting etc.

Clearly the ones profiting out of it most were the paper pushers running it all.

Madness on paper and to an ignorant like me but there had to be some back end in it somewhere for someone's Corporate CEO mates. Maybe someone got a kickback from the likely 5% that was actually supposedly being spent on all the trees and eco rehabilitation crap that I could not get anyone to tell me where I could go see one single instance of it being done.

With the money that was turning over, that 5% still would have been a vast amount of money  but in reality, the whole thing was nothing but an elaborate scam of seeing to be doing something when nothing at all was being done other than profiteering though probably cooking the corporate books.
The tax would be a deduction and the handouts back would not.  

Did they ever work out what was the Ozone problem Tony or agree it was a Natural occurrence?
I remember all that gloom and doom very well.
If they wanted to make more ozone all they need to do is set up some solar farms and make some High voltage arcs.   :0)

Wait, don't give them any ideas..... Although you know Tony, If we worked together, you rehash some of the old theories and add a bit of credibility based on your past work,  I'll work on a bit more BS and putting it into some flashy fear and panic  inspiring  presentations with dramatic graphics and maligned statistics no one will ever check, just parrot endlessly when I start posting about it on socialyinsecure media,  We could become VERY wealthy men in a very short time.

I can sell ship to Eskimos and all we need to do is put in the words " Green" and " Environment" a lot and this ought to be a walk in the park!!    

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 09:16am 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The ozone scare is long gone, because the ozone layer is coming back all by itself.
Global warming is long gone,because in many places the long term average temperature is actually falling.  Sea levels are not rising as predicted, either.

So forget all that, the latest scare is flu.  You need to take an extremely dangerous, sometimes fatal injection to prevent you from getting a bad case of flu.

I cannot even begin to guess what comes after the flu hoax, invasion from outer space by man eating shape shifting reptilians perhaps ?
Cheers,  Tony.

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 09:43am 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm just glad im not the only one that can see the BS being spewed out ... but sadly we are a minority...
I think it works !!

Murphy's friend

Guru

Posted: 10:52am 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  

So forget all that, the latest scare is flu.  You need to take an extremely dangerous, sometimes fatal injection to prevent you from getting a bad case of flu.

I'm curious now Tony. When you were a young fellow, did you get a smallpox/ measles etc. injection? I did and can't remember being given a choice. I even had to have a yellow fever injection for one of my travels. None of these shots (including the covid) were fatal since I'm still here.
My theory about all these dangerous and fatal rumors is that some people spend way too much time on social media. Now there is a dangerous practice, I nearly got run down a few times by people fixated to their mobile phone screen. The chances for that happening are way higher than any reaction to that "flu" shot.

We all have to make choices in our life, luckily in this country we can do so.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 12:52pm 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  

I am sorry Tony, you are still behind the times my friend.
I saw something the other day and verified it.  According to the official Oz Gubbermint stats, there has not been a recorded case of the flu in oz since June last year.

Aren't you glad they finally fixed that!  

There is however this other Very flu like thing going round, now in it's 3rd iteration. Traditionally there is only a new strain of the flu every year but we are now up to 3 in under 2 years. Quite an achievement I must say!  

Each one seems scarier than the one before and certainly makes more headlines, but somehow all fail to live up to the gloom and doom predictions by a greater margin than the previous version. So far none have come within a bulls roar of all the predictions and modelling.  Perhaps they are subcontracting the weather bureau to do this type of forecasting for them in their spare time? The accuracy, or lack thereof, seems most comparable. Perhaps it is subcontracted off shore to new Delhi or some other technical powerhouse filled with professionals earning .47c an hour? The quality of the modelling seems to represent a fair exchange for that sort of remuneration.

While having very flu like symptoms to those deemed to have it which requires a Test now banned in some countries for it's inaccuracy to know they have it in the first place, it is extremely transmissible particularly by media personalities . It clearly effects the brain of those that don't even have any physical contact with the transmitter whom can be many hundreds or over 1000 Km away! Infection  is seen to cause all sorts of irrational and hypocritical behaviour, particularly that of acute paranoia.

Transmission seems strongest through the magnetic spectrum, particularly on the carrier wave frequencies of radio, television, wifi and mobile phones. Quite a new thing for a disease other than that of stupidity. It can zap right into peoples heads and cause all sorts of fear, panic and  gullible thinking even though they are in perfect physical health!
I believe the only way of testing this part of the affliction for infection is through a standard IQ test.  

I observed this part of the "New floo" personally several times in the last week while out in Public.
I noticed a good 25% of people in local shopping centres wearing masks even though that directive had been lifted.  The irony in this was at LEAST 50% of those I observed whom were wearing the masks by choice and out of fear for their well being, were not wearing them over their nose and some were on their chin leaving a direct clear pathway into their mouth as well. Obviously this negates any benefit of the already superfluous and ineffective adornment other than to virtue signal the wearers undeniable " Karen" status.... regardless of their gender... or non binary status.  

The other thing that astonished me was the people wearing these face nappies were doing so out of fear of catching this deadly "new floo", yet I saw many people over a duration of a couple of hours walking round the shopping centre end to end merely browsing and having no essential or compelling reason to be there. Most did not seem to have made a purchase of any kind at all yet were subjecting themselves to what they perceived as danger for hours on end.
I was perplexed why people whom thought their health was in such danger they chose to wear PPE, however with such fear, did not seem to have any sort of compelling purpose or reason to place themselves in such danger in the first place? Most curious!  

I am told by the gubbermint that over 90% of people have also undertaken medical procedures which protects them from this danger and has shown it's effectiveness by the number of infections currently going through the roof.. Oh, wait, something doesn't add up there..... Umm....

Well anyway, must be right because if you can't trust the gubbermint, the media, big pharma and Pollies who can you trust?
Clearly I'm strange because if I fear a situation, particularly one I think is a dire risk to my health or my life that motivates me to wear protective equipment, I either avoid that circumstance or expose myself to said risk for the shortest possible time then get the fluck out of there!
I do not expose myself to dangerous situations for mere recreation nor without bloody good reason.

Perhaps I am just over pedantic about what I think will make me very ill or poses a risk to my life?

I have also noticed that the number of experts on this latest ailment seem to increase with each passing version and Range from Pollies to football club execs to bureaucrats and sanitation technicians for the local council.

I have no doubts though that once the traditional Spending period we are currently in is over, the overlords will take further swift and decisive action to ensure our " safety" once again. Given their demonstrated concerns for the health and well being of the public, I am still trying to figure out why cigarettes are still available for sale given their well documented negative outcome on peoples health but I am having trouble dealing with the many Conundrums of this new very flu like affliction I have to understand first.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 01:17pm 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Murphy's friend said  
We all have to make choices in our life, luckily in this country we can do so.

Correct!

In this country one can choose to do exactly as you are told or loose your job, your business, your ability to get a haircut or new shoes, eat out in a restaurant, see family and friends, travel interstate or have basic freedoms.

Sure are lucky we are not coerced or railroaded into doing something we don't want and can make the choices we wish without any consequences or back handed punishments if they do not comply with some narrative or agenda.

Glad of that!

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 09:19pm 24 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm curious now Tony. When you were a young fellow, did you get a smallpox/ measles etc. injection?

Yes, because my parents were a lot bigger than me, and I was outnumbered 2:1

Any bastard tries to stick a needle into me these days, will find themselves fighting for their lives.
Cheers,  Tony.

Page 1 of 2    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024